“Good food. efficient service.”

Somine Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 93 Restaurants in Urgup
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

All food well prepared and presented. Nothing spectacular, but as described and competitively priced.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

One of my favorite meals in Turkey! Amazingly nice staff as well. We had wine of the region, a few mezze to start, and a chicken dish to share. We topped the meal off with a baked fig desert that was as spectacular as the rest of the meal. At the end of the meal the owner of the restaurant even walked us around the town to help us with a couple errands we needed to run before heading back to the airport for Istanbul.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

In a cold night, we had a nice dinner next to fireplace. It was a delightfull night with a nice&cheap wine, traditional food and warming fireplace. Service was very good also. They were so hospitable and we had a nice evening thanks to them also.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited Somine this evening and my wife and I were delighted with the standard of cuisine, the service, wine, the attentive timing & the prices.

Well worth a visit

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a very pleasant dining experience. The restaurant is located right at the center of town, on the second floor of a shopping center. Although a lot of people were eating outside on the terrace, we opted to sit inside, as the evening was a bit chilly for me. The dining room was very nice, surprisingly upscale. Service was attentive. Our waiter didn't speak a lot of English, but he fetched a manager who did and who was able to assist with our questions.
We ordered the manti for a starter. These little ravioli, which are a Turkish specialty, were delicious. They are served in a tomato-yogurt sauce, which was very flavorful.
We chose this restaurant because our hotel recommended it when I said I wanted to go someplace to eat pizza, while my husband wanted a kebab. I did order a pizza, but I was a little bit disappointed. It wasn't as good as some of the other pizzas or pides I'd eaten in Turkey. The crust was dry and crispy --- it kind of tasted like frozen pizza (I am sure it was not, but the consistency of the crust reminded me of frozen pizza).
My husband's entree, on the other hand, was far more memorable. He ordered the Testi Kebab, which is a very interesting Turkish specialty. It is a lamb dish, baked in a clay pot, which is sealed with dough. The waiter brings the pot out to your table, and while we witnessed the waiter break open the pot at several other tables . . .for whatever reason, he had my husband break open the pot himself (I'm guessing because we are a fairly young couple --- they probably thought we were more adventurous than some of their other clientele). Anyway, it was quite a lively experience. My husband whacked off the top of the pot with a big knife, and the waiter then cleaned away the shards and poured the meat into a dish. My husband really enjoyed the experience and thought the meat was quite tasty.
All in all, the manti was the outstanding dish, but the rest of the food was still very good (I would not recommend the pizza, though). The service was above average, and the ambiance was pleasant and peaceful. Although it wasn't our very best meal in Urgup, we would still recommend this restaurant.