“Exotic to the max!”

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Uchisar
Marietta, Georgia, United States
“Exotic to the max!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We loved this entire experience in the best of the best "cave" hotels in Cappadocia! We had the Tafana Suite…luck of the draw as our gang needed 8 suites, so we drew "keys." Why draw? Because each cave is different! Filled with antiques in authentic caves, all are fabulous to look at. Some are more practical to stay in. Ours had a view AND convenience. Tafana means "kitchen" and ours had originally been a kitchen in a cave home. The entire property is fabulous with a magnificent view, especially when the Air Balloons are up. But, make sure you RIDE one. We suggest Kapadokya Balloons with the most experience pilot in the area, Serhan. Staff delightful, food excellent.

Room Tip: Suggest you review their website and try to pick what suits you best. Some are multi-storied and we...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

As a treat to myself, I spent two nights at the Museum Hotel. It is definitely worth a visit. I arrived quite late and was greeted by a very patient and handsome concierge. He first took me on a small tour of the hotel and provided some history and explanations of some of the exhibits. The hotel is really unique. I was then taken to my room. This is no ordinary hotel. There are no straight corridors with suite numbers here. Better for hobbits than for people like me, but fun anyway. I had to go back to the reception several times to have someone help me find my room, at least the first night. By the second night, I was able to find my room on my own. Yes, the rooms are caves.

My room was very spacious. Hugh bed with lots of pillows. No chocolates on the pillows here, but a large bowl of turkish delight instead. The bathroom is fully stocked with nice soaps and other items as well as a large jacuzzi tub. There was a raised sitting area in the room with TV and cushions for lounging on. Not the most comfortable but I tried it anyway.

If you get up early and go to the terrace, you can watch the hot air balloons rise from the valley below. The sunrise is spectacular and not to be missed. The hotel is perched on top of a hill (?) and one can see for miles around. There is a bar and terrace overlooking the swimming pool. It is a great place to sit, relax and enjoy the view.

The restaurant and breakast area are located to the right. The breakfast is one of the best I have every seen. Unbelievable variety and service to boot. Hot and cold foods available, fruits, breads, nuts, jams are just a few choices to mention. The serving staff are extremely attentive and impeccably groomed. I also had dinner in the restaurant the first night. Again, excellent food and service.

Locationwise, you will need to either rent a car or arrange for a ground transfer. I did not venture beyond the hotel primarily due to time constraints. There is definitely much to see in the area and one could easily spend a few days here and still not see everything.

If you want to be treated like royalty, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank yu243229
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place is amazing. Like many other hotels in the area, you sleep in caves that have been made into luxury hotel rooms. However, this place is nestled above the town in the clouds, peacefully overlooking the lunar landscape of the area. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Drew M
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 10, 2012

One of the best hotels i´ve stayed in. A dream in capadocia.
The room is a cave room, but charming and confortable.
The staff is very efficient and helpful.
Breakfast great, exotic , delicious with turkish spices
My only complaint is they would keep the bar for a drink or a tea open util later, maybe 12pm
it closed arour 10pm . the same complaint os for the restaurant closes at 10pm

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alessnog
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed 3 nights on the recommendation of a friend and it lived up to the recommendation. The setting and the views are little less than spectacular. The facilities and food were excellent especially the wet edge pool on a hot afternoon and my friends were very impressed with the wine taps in their rooms. A nice quirky touch which will no doubt give them "brag rights" into the forseeable future. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the service very good albeit that they came across as a bit "stiff" and there seemed to be a lack of "connection" with the guest. To be fair this may have been a language issue more than anything else but the same observation was made at the time by other members of the group I traveled with. Something for management to review. We also had a look at some of the other "caves" accommodation in the immediate area which was good but personally I think this place has a clear edge over the local competition and is well worth the visit. Yes I would stay here again and be happy to recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jacko1niner
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff, the setting, the room, the food were all excellent. Mustafa told us he would be our personal concierge while we were there and he was not exaggerating. The patio above the pool is great to read in the afternoon or to have a nightcap in the evening. The service and food here were every bit as good as a Ritz or Intercontinental. The staff remember how you like your coffee and have it wating for you after the first morning. A short walk into town is fn too. Use this hotel if you are visiting Cappadocia and you will be very pleased.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gsutter
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I had the good fortune of staying 3 nights in a cave room at the Museum Hotel as part of our tour. This is an upmarket place and we are grateful that our tour organizers use this place as part of our package. Each room is unique and ours was simply stunning. We loved every minute of our time there.

The restaurant is excellent and the nights we were there, we had a beautiful young lady playing the harp. It was a classy touch. Breakfast can be taken in doors but the mornings we were there we opted to sit on the outside terrace and take in the beautiful surrounds. Hot air balloons fill the sky each morning adding a sense of wonderment while you enjoy breakfast. Staff are friendly and can't do enough for you.

This is a special place and if your budget allows, try and stay there and enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows which overlook the countryside. You will see hot air balloons flying ove...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uchisar
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Doubletree by Hilton Avanos Cappadocia
Cappadocia Cave Suites
Cappadocia Cave Suites
#17 of 69 in Goreme

Been to Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!