“Charming hotel in the heart of Cappadocia”
Review of Sakli Konak

Sakli Konak
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Uchisar
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Sakli Konak was a charming little hotel. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly. When we arrived, we had a general idea of the sights we wanted to see, but didn't know the best way to accomplish everything. Riza sat us down the first morning, drew us a map, and helped arrange transportation. Without his help, we would have missed some wonderful sights. Each morning we had a full Turkish breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kate241005

Reviewed March 24, 2014

An amazing hotel. Beautiful and clean rooms with very original bathrooms. Riza and his wife were so helpful. Riza is from the local area so he planned everything for us, he draw us a map, he took us with him, such an amazing owner believe me, our room was a double standard but we we got there he upgrade ours to the deluxe one include your own Turkish bath, I extremely recommend this hotel. It has everything in one nice food, nice company, warm atmosphere and the best of all good price!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LinitaBonita
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is such a great little hotel. Beautiful clean rooms with very chic bathrooms. Riza and all his staff were so helpful. Riza speaks great English and is from the local area so he we able to help plan where to go. He was also able to Taylor our breakfast to our tastes. If you want to do a bar-b-que he can help you with that also. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Wi-if in the rooms is not always reliable do the the stones, but upstairs in the breakfast room and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teaspoon67
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Amazing room with a Turkish bath, rich and excellent breakfast, very warm householders...
It was my birthday and Saklı Konak makes it unforgettable for us.
Dearest hosts Mr. Rıza and Mrs Gökçe were so helpful, even they drew us a simple map that we used for 3 days.
Highly recomended for a romantic, silent and unforgettable destination.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ceylan a
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was a wonderful boutique hotel with 5 star accommodations at 2 star prices. It was so beautiful and perfect I didn't want to leave. Riza took such great care of me, booking tours for me, shuttles to and from the airport, any and everything I needed, he was right there. He even booked a last minute hot air balloon ride for me, at a fraction of the cost the tour companies were asking online. I emailed him quite a bit before I arrived and he always responded immediately. I felt like I was a part of the family right from the start. The breakfast was enormous, the coffee plentiful and delicious, I ate dinner there both nights because the food was so good and I felt comfortable as a single woman traveler, it felt like I was hanging out with friends. The room itself was so elegant and modern but with the stone walls and character of the area. The shower was hot and the water pressure great, like an "American" shower, something a little rare in Turkey at the less expensive places. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel, wonderful stay, great location, more authentic, quiet, out of the tourist fray of Goreme, which was a quick taxi ride away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Bambi049
Reviewed February 24, 2014

On my first trip to Turkey this was the first stop. The hosts were very accommodating, warm and welcoming. The food was excellent, they were willing to go the extra mile to make sure you got what you wanted. The room was nicely appointed, warm and very comfortable. We had been to a winery earlier in the day where the host didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered. Mr. Riza called the local winery and the gentlemen stayed open late for us. Mr. Riza walked us all to the winery so we could purchase local wine. He also arranged for several outings, all of which were outstanding! I would definitely recommend it and stay again!

Room Tip: I was in the back room on the right. It was very quiet, had a window for sunlight and was very warm...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ebbbush
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had stayed 2 days on there. It was the best boutique hotel i have ever stayed. Hospitality we saw on saklikonak was perfect. Our hosts did everything for us. Very clean rooms, very rich breakfast with more than 30 kind of ingredients. You should'nt have to buy a tour guide book because Mr. Rıza and Mrs. Gökçe will tell you everything about Cappadocia, including where and when you should see monuments and valleys and how you can go. Reccomended to everybody.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BerkayDikici
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uchisar
Takaev Cave Hotel
#8 of 30 in Uchisar
Divan Cave House
Divan Cave House
#13 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Sakli Konak? Share your experiences!