“perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Uchisar
London, United Kingdom
“perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just enjoyed three days at this wonderful friendly hotel. The staff were outstanding with nothing being a problem. The stunning views, character filled village in which this hotel is situated, made even the regular call to prayer from the local mosque seem all part of the experience. I am lucky enough to have travelled to many a far flung place on earth and this hotel and region rank very highly in my top ten. Thoroughly recommend .............

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel and whole Cappadocia region is beautiful. The mystique is everywhere and mother nature is giving a fascinating view from all angles. It is almost like God created a painting, and you get to live in it for a few days (the region). Argos is a hotel that is split by a street which, as far as I viewed, is only used by the hotel and its guests. Wine cellar is something to see and experience. The castle behind, the cliff and the architecture of the hotel structure are things you should deffinitely use your photography skills for. Hotel breakfast and dinner are excellent. I did not have time for lunch. You should take baloon tours, exciting. You should either stay in rooms with a pool inside, or rooms with a veranda. I stayed in the veranda rooms, which was beautiful. With one word, the hotel is excellent and worth every penny I paid.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a package with tours and had a wonderful time. The views were amazing and at around 6pm we would have a drink on the balcony and just took in the views. We also were given a tour of the hotel including underground cellar which was amazing. The staff were friendly and would return to this hotel again. Hopefully in the near future there will be a swimming pool.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Argos in Cappadocia, and I have to say that this is one of the most lovely, charming, friendly hotels I've ever visited. First of all, it's in Cappadocia so you're starting with a wonderful setting. And it's in Uchisar which sits up on a hill with incredible views of the valleys. But the property itself is incredible. The owner(s) have really worked hard to keep the charm and feel of the area, with cave rooms and beautiful gardens, but also to provide an incredibly luxurious setting. I just can't say enough good things about the room, the restaurant, the grounds, the setting, and especially the staff. Every single person we interacted with seemed genuinely interested in doing whatever they could to make our stay the best experience possible. It's hard to single out any one person, but if I had to, I would say Muslum. He was our waiter and was so sweet and charming. I was celebrating my birthday one night and he went outside and picked fresh flowers to put on my dessert plate. Then he put candles and sparklers in my dessert. He was, quite literally, the icing on the cake of this trip! If you find yourself anywhere near Cappadocia, do yourself a favor and stay at the Argos. I wish we had stayed a few days longer so I could have enjoyed it more. LOVE this hotel!

Room Tip: I'm claustrophobic so did not stay in one of the actual cave rooms, but if you can, you definite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We found this hotel via Jetsetter.com, and could not have been more thrilled with our stay here. Although this is a little off the beaten path as far as its relation to the sites in Cappadocia, I could not imagine staying anywhere else if I returned. The staff likens Argos to a village with a reception desk, because it really is part of the village it's in and it certainly wasn't clear to me where it began and ended (which is just fine). Upon arrival (which was three hours before check-in), we were given a short tour and walked to our beautiful room. The bottled water was complimentary, and the Molten Brown toiletries are a great touch. The iPod in the room had great relaxing music, and the bed was very comfortable. Our shower was huge and beautiful. Each room is unique, and I loved exploring all the different little nooks outside to sit at and the incredible views offered. The only thing I'd like Argos to add in the rooms is a fan, as you can't control your own air conditioning and I would have liked a little more air flow.
The restaurant is also worth eating at, not only for the free breakfast which I'll talk about in a minute, but for a nice dinner at a reasonable price. The breakfast is just over the top amazing. They grow many of their own fruits and vegetables, and they actually had a real honeycomb on the buffet. I don't think I've ever seen that in real life. They had fresh juices - orange, cherry, plum, as well as tea and coffee. They had sweets, salad, bread, fruit, nuts, etc. Then we sat down to eat, and they asked how we wanted our eggs! Most of us enjoyed an omelette on top of an already amazing meal. Have I used the word amazing enough yet?
Also be sure to take the tour of the hotel. You get to see the grounds, hear the past and future plans for Argos, see the wine cellar, and the underground tunnel. Such a cool experience, and we were all a little upset we were only staying one night. Definitely utilize the very hospitable staff for any needs - they were great! Even though this place is a little pricey, by the end I felt like it was a steal and I'd highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: One of the couples with us had a room by the restaurant and would have preferred something quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eickyeicky
North Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel, in a wonderful setting. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It is serene and peaceful The food is very good and having breakfast outside on the deck overlooking Cappadocia is surreal. It is a spluge as it is quite pricey but really a once in a lifetime exerience. Wonderful place for a romantic holiday for two. I would return, it was difficult to leave its beautiful setting to come home

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is a world-standard when it comes to hospitality, ambience and food. Most lavish breakfast spread overlooking a breathtaking scenery. The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great trip. We would definitely recommend this hotel to any couple going to Cappadoccia.

Room Tip: Stay in a cave suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uchisar
Museum Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,002 reviews
Yunak Evleri
Yunak Evleri
#7 of 64 in Urgup

Been to Argos in Cappadocia? Share your experiences!