“Beautiful Setting”

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Uchisar
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a package with tours and had a wonderful time. The views were amazing and at around 6pm we would have a drink on the balcony and just took in the views. We also were given a tour of the hotel including underground cellar which was amazing. The staff were friendly and would return to this hotel again. Hopefully in the near future there will be a swimming pool.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Argos in Cappadocia, and I have to say that this is one of the most lovely, charming, friendly hotels I've ever visited. First of all, it's in Cappadocia so you're starting with a wonderful setting. And it's in Uchisar which sits up on a hill with incredible views of the valleys. But the property itself is incredible. The owner(s) have really worked hard to keep the charm and feel of the area, with cave rooms and beautiful gardens, but also to provide an incredibly luxurious setting. I just can't say enough good things about the room, the restaurant, the grounds, the setting, and especially the staff. Every single person we interacted with seemed genuinely interested in doing whatever they could to make our stay the best experience possible. It's hard to single out any one person, but if I had to, I would say Muslum. He was our waiter and was so sweet and charming. I was celebrating my birthday one night and he went outside and picked fresh flowers to put on my dessert plate. Then he put candles and sparklers in my dessert. He was, quite literally, the icing on the cake of this trip! If you find yourself anywhere near Cappadocia, do yourself a favor and stay at the Argos. I wish we had stayed a few days longer so I could have enjoyed it more. LOVE this hotel!

Room Tip: I'm claustrophobic so did not stay in one of the actual cave rooms, but if you can, you definite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We found this hotel via Jetsetter.com, and could not have been more thrilled with our stay here. Although this is a little off the beaten path as far as its relation to the sites in Cappadocia, I could not imagine staying anywhere else if I returned. The staff likens Argos to a village with a reception desk, because it really is part of the village it's in and it certainly wasn't clear to me where it began and ended (which is just fine). Upon arrival (which was three hours before check-in), we were given a short tour and walked to our beautiful room. The bottled water was complimentary, and the Molten Brown toiletries are a great touch. The iPod in the room had great relaxing music, and the bed was very comfortable. Our shower was huge and beautiful. Each room is unique, and I loved exploring all the different little nooks outside to sit at and the incredible views offered. The only thing I'd like Argos to add in the rooms is a fan, as you can't control your own air conditioning and I would have liked a little more air flow.
The restaurant is also worth eating at, not only for the free breakfast which I'll talk about in a minute, but for a nice dinner at a reasonable price. The breakfast is just over the top amazing. They grow many of their own fruits and vegetables, and they actually had a real honeycomb on the buffet. I don't think I've ever seen that in real life. They had fresh juices - orange, cherry, plum, as well as tea and coffee. They had sweets, salad, bread, fruit, nuts, etc. Then we sat down to eat, and they asked how we wanted our eggs! Most of us enjoyed an omelette on top of an already amazing meal. Have I used the word amazing enough yet?
Also be sure to take the tour of the hotel. You get to see the grounds, hear the past and future plans for Argos, see the wine cellar, and the underground tunnel. Such a cool experience, and we were all a little upset we were only staying one night. Definitely utilize the very hospitable staff for any needs - they were great! Even though this place is a little pricey, by the end I felt like it was a steal and I'd highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: One of the couples with us had a room by the restaurant and would have preferred something quieter.
1 Thank eickyeicky
North Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel, in a wonderful setting. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It is serene and peaceful The food is very good and having breakfast outside on the deck overlooking Cappadocia is surreal. It is a spluge as it is quite pricey but really a once in a lifetime exerience. Wonderful place for a romantic holiday for two. I would return, it was difficult to leave its beautiful setting to come home

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is a world-standard when it comes to hospitality, ambience and food. Most lavish breakfast spread overlooking a breathtaking scenery. The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great trip. We would definitely recommend this hotel to any couple going to Cappadoccia.

Room Tip: Stay in a cave suite.
Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful new hotel with great views over pigeon valley and architecture which is sympathetic to the region.

The pros: location, view, room and food. We stayed in suite 3305 which has a small pool on the lower floor and a good sized, private terrace with lovely, panoramic views over pigeon valley. Before booking I emailed the hotel and they sent through a helpful comparitive table of the different suites so we were able to choose the one that most suited us. The included breakfast offers a good variety: eggs in a number of options, yoghurt, cheeses and cold meats and pastries. The hostess offers evening tours of the hotel, which includes the wine cellar and underground tunnels. The hotel restaurant was great - we didn't experience any of the service or language issues reported in another review. The hotel is quiet (mostly - see below). There is free wi-fi in the hotel.

The cons: whilst we did not consider the following diminished our experience, they may be important factors for others considering this hotel: the hotel is spread over a number of levels and, depending on the room, there can be quite a few stairs to the restaurant and reception. Our suite was at the bottom of the hotel. The restaurant is in the middle (around 30 stairs) and reception higher (around 100 stairs from the suite); the pool is heated but we still found it a bit cold for us; the room did retain some heat during the day, which was fine for travelling in September (we opened the windows at night to let the cool air in) and yes, you will hear the call to prayer in the morning.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nomads_10
Northern NJ
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I can't understand the high marks others have given this hotel, given what we experienced. On one hand, its certainly a nice boutique property, but if you can't get a decent night sleep, what's the point?

Pros:
- Beautiful setting. Stunning majestic views.
- Public areas are beautifully landscaped, with fresh flowers and antiques dotting the area.
- The service was good.
- The bathroom was great. Large, beautifully appointed, done in stone and glass. Really upscale.

Cons:
- Hot as blazes. And no air conditioning. Between the southern exposure of the room, lack of room darkening shades, and lack of a/c, and with outdoor temperatures over 90 degrees F, the heat in the room was unbearable.
- The heat might have been a bit more bearable if we could open the windows, however the room location was in a spot where there were frequent people walking by, and in order to open the windows, the curtains needed to be pulled back as well, putting us on display.
- With the location of the room being where it was, even with the windows closed, you can hear every word uttered by people walking by. Also, next to the room was a driveway area where larger vehicles have to turn around, so we frequently heard the vehicle noise. And then there was the barking dog that started his symphony at 1am. When he didn't stop after 45 minutes, I got out of bed, and downloaded a white noise app for my iPhone, then turned it up to full volume to help drown out the bloody mutt.
- No pool. There's simply no place to cool off on a 90 degree day.
- No shade. As nice as the view was from our terrace, without an umbrella or any other shade, we couldn't make use of it at all.
- The design of the walls of the room was meant to be in keeping with the "cave" nature of the property. (Note that we did not have a cave room - it was a regular room built in a freestanding building above the caves.) The walls were made of limestone block. Well, with limestone comes white dust. Lots of white dust. Anything that touches the walls will end up white. And since there are no drawers to put anything in, suitecases end up against the walls, and turning white. C'mon, its not a cave. Its a brand new room. Did they really need to use dusty limestone for the walls?

Noisy, hot, and generally uncomfortable.

Would not return.

Room Tip: You can try requesting a quiet, cool room, but my guess is, you'll need to be at a different hot...
5 Thank TheDogAteMyHomework
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uchisar
Museum Hotel
Sakli Konak
Sakli Konak
#3 of 30 in Uchisar
Taskonaklar Boutique Hotel

Been to Argos in Cappadocia? Share your experiences!