This Cappadocian hotel is highly recommended for those seeking a luxury experience in Cappadocia. It is very well located in Uchisar, just a 15 minute walk to the Uchisar castle, within minutes drive or an hour hike to Goreme and its position on the hillside offers great views throughout the day of Cappadocia and Pigeon valley. The hotel grounds and rooms definitely blend into the natural surroundings and landscape and is a very picturesque hotel.
During the summers there are concerts held in the main event hall of the Argos which is a great experience to hear an orchestra playing in an ancient monastic cave.
The service is quite good for the price you are paying, the guest relations manager (who is very attentive to guest's needs and is very outgoing) conducts daily tours of the hotel to explore the caves and terraces and hidden secrets of this historic area, which was once a monastery. In general though, it is a very fun and intriguing hotel to explore.
The rooms are very spacious. Definitely opt for a cave room, as it is unique and characteristic of the region. BUT, be warned that most cave rooms do not come with windows and are surprisingly hot inside, even at night when the outside temperatures drop, and Argos does not have any form of air conditioning inside the cave rooms. This is the only downside to an otherwise unique and cool experience.
Their main restaurant has great seating and views, while the breakfast is ok at best, the dinners are amazing, especially the slow roast lamb shoulder is not to be missed.
Argos has a very nice cave wine cellar and offers guests a unique and tasty wine tasting experience within its caves. They offer a Turkish or Cappadocia wine tasting, we opted for the Cappadocia one and it was worth it, the selection of Cappadocian wines Argos has are all very good, both their whites and reds. The wine tasting/ F&B staff are all very friendly, and knowledgeable about Turkish wine and culture which made for an informative and one of a kind wine tasting experience inside the caves of Cappadocia.
This is a great hotel in Cappadocia for those seeking a bit of seclusion, romance, luxury, or high end comfort, oh and the views. I'd say if anything, simply have a drink here or a meal here for the food/ wine and view if you do not want to or cannot stay here. The wine and view are definitely worth it. It is definitely most suited for couples and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting blend of two thousand years of history, passionate devotion to authenticity and traditions of hospitality along with design, the 51 room boutique hotel argos in Cappadocia must be experienced to be believed... argos in Cappadocia includes an outstanding 80-seat indoor and outdoor Seki Restaurant-Lounge-Cellar serving local and regional dishes as well as international fare. The hotel's huge wine collection, housed in its own wine cellar underneath the restaurant showcases bottles from its own vineyards as well as other local selections... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Argos in Cappadocia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argos In Cappadocia Hotel Uchisar
- Argos In Cappadocia Turkey - Uchisar