Visiting Cappadocia & staying in a cave hotel has been one of my dreams for the longest time. I am happy to say that my dreams were fulfilled. I travelled in September 2010.
The Cave hotel was truly boutique - I am sad that I didn't have more time there. Away from bustling Goreme, perched up on the hill, Argos gave a sweeping view of the valley from its luscious terrace. The flowers and little water features added to the ambience.
My dad did not join us on the hot air balloon tour, but gave a glowing report of the view from the breakfast room as the sun rose, along with the balloons. He did not know much about Cappadocia and was dragged along by me, but he thought it the most out-of-the-world fantastic experiences he'd ever had (and he has travelled a lot).
The rooms we had were spacious and comfortable - the decor and design and fittings outstanding.
However, one of the rooms felt damp and musky, while the other one was pretty much perfect. They were in different parts of the hotel. So be aware of this!
Food was good. Coming off the plane from a very spartan airport (& waiting in the street outside the airport for 2 hours, to meet with one of our other companions arriving on a different flight), to be ushered into the luxury of Argos, and fed an amazing meal, was just pure bliss.
We also walked up the hill & explored the nearby caves, and visited the little town at the top of the hill. Totally awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting blend of two thousand years of history, passionate devotion to authenticity and traditions of hospitality along with design, the 51 room boutique hotel argos in Cappadocia must be experienced to be believed... argos in Cappadocia includes an outstanding 80-seat indoor and outdoor Seki Restaurant-Lounge-Cellar serving local and regional dishes as well as international fare. The hotel's huge wine collection, housed in its own wine cellar underneath the restaurant showcases bottles from its own vineyards as well as other local selections... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Argos in Cappadocia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argos In Cappadocia Hotel Uchisar
- Argos In Cappadocia Turkey - Uchisar