“excellent cave room”
Review of Sultan Cave Suites

Sultan Cave Suites
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was here for one night with my daughter. The room was clean, pleasant and big enough, the free coffee was very nice. The owners were pleasant, the bathroom was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was just fine, and provided a few options that weren't bread or sweet stuff, which is always very important for me

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sultan Cave Suites

Reviewed January 27, 2013

It is a charming hotel which has the best restaurant in town. The manager also goes out of his way to provide the guests with a welcome and interesting stay. I made friends with a couple and we were surprised when a car as offered to us, twice, so that we could go around for two complete afternoons so that we would be entertained and what is best we were not charged extra for that. The first room I was given showed some problems and then I was sent to a much better suite and again without any extra charge. The staff is really frindly, the view is awesome and the food the best you can have around Goreme. They also see about the tours.

Room Tip: Try to get an apartment which not on the corridor between the front desk and other suites or you mig...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel where you live the experience to sleep "inside" the mountain in a cave. They also have one of the best restaurants of Turkish cuisine. Since the hotel is on top of the mountain great view also. The hotel has great service, you can plan your tours there and do not miss the balloon flight.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Cecilia R
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Sultan Cave Suites offer a truly unique experience. The entire complex is stunningly designed to blend in with the natural rock formations, and each room has something visually distinct to offer. Buffet breakfasts are substantial and there is an outstanding restaurant that is connected with the hotel -- the lunches we had there were superb. Location is good, a bit uphill from the town centre (say 15 minutes), but the staff will pick you up (and drop you off) at the station if you give them a call on arrival. The staff were friendly and helpful, and offered excellent recommendations for various day tours.

For the full Cappadocia experience, you will want to set aside at least 3 or 4 days to wander through the stunning natural landscape and to visit the many rock churches. A stay at the Sultan Caves will make it all that much more memorable.

Room Tip: The official website provides photos for all the rooms, so you can pick what most appeals.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. We arrived in early morning at goreme bus station after 11 hours bus ride from istanbul, welcomed by light snow shower. Before we know it a friendly fellow from the hotel had come to pick us up. Warmth welcome from the hotel staff in cold December winter instantly made us feel like home. We did early check in, and They offered us breakfast. It was plenty of good local stuffs (which we loved so much) includes fruits, nuts, cheese and egg to order.
Friendly and helpful staff assisted us with all information we needed from day one. They also helped us organizing our private day tour and balloon ride. There was 6 of us on this trip, with 3 boys of ours it was not easy to keep them entertained. surprisingly they didnt feel bored. we stayed in king suites room 301 which has 2 separated rooms. Fire place is equipped in the room and we had it running most of the time, for my boys it was such an experience to run and get woods ( which provided at lower base of hotel). The hotel itself is unique on its own, and intriguing shape and buildings connected to each other with stairs, next thing you are in neighbouring hotel. The view is stunning because its location up on the hill. I am sure in spring time the scnery is much more prettier. What really amazed us that everybody seemed to be doing everything here, everyone is pulling the weight to get the job done...such a big family and we felt like part of this family.

So much things to do and see in this little town which is downhill from the hotel where restaurants and cafes are many to choose from. Everywhere is walk distance. You have to make sure that your legs is up for walking up and down hills.

The highlight of the trip was the hot air ballon, and the icing on the cake was when we found out the same guy who checked us in, and arranged the balloon ride was also the pilot for us. Thank you Captain Kaan....we had unforgettable trip, you did an excellent job!

And We have to say, it didn't take much to touch our heart but overall I recommend this hotel for its professionalism yet attentive, the kind hearted of entire staff that has made our trip turned out to be the best holiday to end year 2012.
Little things but melted our heart when we checked out at dawn, the packed sandwiches for us to go....bless you all !!

Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

For a trip to Cappadochia, I can give a good recommendation for the Sultan Cave Suites. Some of the rooms are actually built into the hillside, and others that are not keep the same motif. They are all referred to as "cave" rooms. The hotel is situated on a ridge overlooking the town of Göreme, which is probably where you want to be on your first visit to Cappadochia. There are other small hotels on the same ridge overlooking the town, and it is a little confusing to discern which rooms beloing to which hotel. But this did not have any effect on me. I enjoyed my three-night stay here. There is a really nice view of the town and the surrounding "fairy chimney - moonscape" scenery from the hotel's outdoor terrace.

The walk down the hill to the middle of Göreme takes about 5-10 minutes. That is where the restaurants, mini-marts, tour offices, ATM's and shopping can be found. You walk down a winding, cobblestone road bounded on both sides by houses and other town buildings. The road is not well lit at night, so walking down there by yourself at night can be a little intimidating. However, I had no problems, other than being followed by a couple of curious dogs.

The Sultan Cave Suites guest rooms are very nice on the inside, even if the buildings look a little "rustic" on the outside, like in many old, small towns you might see all over Europe. It is part of the charm of being in Göreme. Remember, this town is very old! I had to walk about 50 meters outdoors along the ridge road from the hotel lobby / restaurant / terrace area to the building that contained my guest room -- No. 335. I really liked the spacious room itself. They gave me the specific room I requested when I made the reservation.

The hotel staff meet you at check-in and give you a good overview of their services and what there is to do in Göreme. I found the tours and the balloon ride they arranged for me to be excellent. I really enjoyed them! The hotel set up my hot-air balloon ride with Butterfly Balloons, and I was totally satisfied, not only with the ride and the overall service, but also with the price. I can say the same thing about the established day tours. I took Tour No. 1 and had a very fine day -- really enjoyable and informative.

The Sultan Cave Suites hotel restaurant was better than I expected for evening dinner. The breakfast buffet was about what I expected. Not the best I have ever had, but certainly satisfying. The atmosphere is relaxed here, and that is part of what you come here for anyway.

Everything in my room worked well, including the internet. Housekeeping did a nice job. I was here three nights, and so I used the laundry service, which was good. The bed was comfortable and the room nicely appointed. The bathroom was good, with a nice shower.

I could have used more English TV channels, but that was a minor issue. I found myself keeping on the French TV channel at night while sleeping, because the in-cave, thoroughly sound-insulated nature of my room made the suite so soundproof and so totally quiet that it was almost a little unnerving for me. I normally never sleep with the TV on, but I did here -- just to be able to hear 'something' at night -- so I could sleep better. Remember this when you book a room inside a cave or otherwise in any place underground or built into a hillside, like this.

Check-in and check-out were easy. They like you to pay in cash, so I did, although I think they do take some credit cards -- make sure you ask in an email if they will take the form of payment you wish to use. Airport transfers were very good. The trip in from the airport near Nevşehir on my arrival day was pleasant and safe. The slightly longer trip over to the Kayseri airport for my flight back to Istanbul was also a pleasant and safe van ride.

In summary, give yourself a chance to stay in a place that is a little unusual but where they will provide what you need, with good service and a smile: The Sultan Cave Suites.

Room Tip: You can preview the individual guest rooms on their website and make a specific room request in adva...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank singapurastan
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was a bit pricy, but totally worth it. Our room was very comfortable, had english TV stations. The breakfast was fantastic, and they had brewed coffee (not common in Turkey for breakfast).

The hotel was very helpful in booking us on tours (and a balloon ride).

The hotel also has a lot of outdoor patios to relax on. Because it's up on a hill, you get a great view of Cappadocia from all of these patios. Because it's up on a hill, it's a bit of a hike to town and back, but they will run a shuttle for you (e.g. to the bus station).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Grand Cave Suites
Grand Cave Suites
#11 of 78 in Goreme
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia

Been to Sultan Cave Suites? Share your experiences!