TripAdvisor
Goreme
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the owner turkey cave house yogurt home away from home homemade jams pleasure of staying each morning deluxe room his son the hot air balloons we loved our stay amazing hospitality breakfast was excellent bus station omelette faruk
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived very excited only to be met by a rude, condescending and disrespectful owner. The man sitting at reception was very disrespectful and mocked everything I said. Everything I said was met with a disrespectful comment.

Him: the hot air balloon company is picking you up at 5 tomorrow
Me: oh wow. They contacted you? That’s great.
Him: yes they contacted me. It wasn’t ferries that told me, it was the company.

These were the type of rude comments that followed every one of my statements.

We also got the wrong room type. I reserved a deluxe room and he refused to honor it, constantly saying show me the email. I showed him the email where it said the room was deluxe, then he asked me to show him pictures of the room in my booking to see if it’s he same.

Like I said, everything about him was very rude.

The icing on the cake was how nasty the rooms were. I found a dead bug on my sheets in my bed. It was literally blood stained.

This is NOT a 4 star hotel, it is 2 stars at best. Furthermore, this is not actually in a cave.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2019

We loved staying here... They upgraded our room and the staff were very friendly. They can help with booking anything you need in town from tours to airport transfer. The breakfast on the terrace was delicious with a great view. We would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FarukKeles, sahin at Kismet Cave House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kelsey, We appreciate for your comments. It was a pleasure for us to meet you and host you in our hotel, hope to see you again soon :) Best Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2019

Farouk and his sons are fantastic hosts. Before we even arrived they were incredibly helpful in scheduling airport shuttles and tours. The room was a perfect blend of comfort and coziness, and the home-made breakfast every morning was beyond delicious (be sure to try Farouk's homemade jams!) Sitting in the courtyard having a cup of tea with Farouk and chatting was one of the highlights of our whole trip. I can't imagine our Cappadocia experience without staying here!

P.S. If you're wondering how to fill your itinerary in Cappadocia, they will give you all the suggestions and accommodations you could need.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FarukKeles, önbro at Kismet Cave House, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear Ben,
We appreciate for your comments. It was a pleasure for us to meet you and host you in our hotel. We hope to see you again :)

Reviewed July 9, 2019

The hotel is situated in a convenient location, close to all local amenities. The owner and his family took very good care of us during our stay. We had a very pleasant stay at the hotel. Definitely my choice of accommodation should I visit Goreme again!

Room tip: excellent location
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
FarukKeles, a at Kismet Cave House, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear our guest,
sahin

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel, room is beautiful, everything made by love. Good place, i'll come back here soon. I have a good equipment bath room, drawing flowers on the walls, good bed, old beautiful furniture, doors. But everything is clear.

Date of stay: May 2019