I had chosen this hotel purely on the basis of the tripadvisor reviews - and I was not disappointed!
We stayed in the Lilac Cave Suite for 3 nights and wish I could have stayed longer... When I landed up in the hotel after my room at Istanbul which had a great view of the sea of Marmara, my first reaction was "Where is the window???". But who needs a window when u have a cave so beautifully done up, with so much attention to details, that the interiors can beat the best of the hotels in terms of its character appeal. The cave is beautifully done up with rugs, lovely wooded furniture, a fireplace and a four-poster bed carved out on the wall! How much more appealing can it get honestly?? There are small nick-nacks of lovely Turkish pottery, small paintings on the wood furniture, even the room no. is painted in a very unique style with pretty flowers. Its detailing, detailing, detailing all the way... Even the bathroom was very comfortable with a huge jacuzzi and a beautiful mirror on a lovely carved wooden frame. And the experience of staying in the cave is "out- of-this-world!"
The hotel is personally managed by Mr. Faruk and his wife who are doing a great job. Its a small 8 room hotel and feels more like a home rather than a hotel. Breakfast on the terrace is beautifully laid out and its a great feeling to be served hot Turkish pancakes and french toast for breakfast, straight of the fire! Mr. Faruk is personally there to chat up with the hotel guests at breakfast time definitely adding to personal touch.
I was shocked to read about some negative reviews about this place, from some travellers in May, which is around the same time that I was there. It made a mention about getting good service, etc.. only if you booked your excursions through Mr. Faruk. That honestly was not the case with us, as we booked our balloon ride and excursions on our own and still received the same warm treatment. Infact, on a particular day, when we were stuck with our arrangements, Mr. Faruk immediately arranged for a taxi, which turned out to be cheaper and better then what we had originally arranged. We had used the taxi services Of Mr. Harun Yucefaydali (0542-6050062, 0535-6118403), highly recommended, as we feel that he showed us Cappadocia with his heart and soul.
We had initially booked a deluxe room through "Hotel.com". After doing my booking with "Hotel.com" when I called up Kismet Cave House to reconfirm our booking, I was informed that on our dates, there was no deluxe room available. Thats when I cancelled my booking for a deluxe room with "Hotel.com" and chose to book a suite directly with the hotel. My recommendation is that you book directly with the hotel to avoid any such misunderstanding...And the hotel website is cheaper than the rates which are being offered by the travel sites.
There is a lovely collection of books in the hotel office, which made for wonderful reading about the region and really helped us plan our day and sites better. Mr. Faruk's ofcourse was there to give us valuable inputs.
The hotel is located at a 5 minute walk from Goreme centrum, where all the eateries, travel companies are situated.
To sum up - with Kismet Cave House - apart from the location, the beautiful and wonderfully cozy Cave room, its Mr. Faruk's personal touch and detailing all the way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 8 beautiful rooms are pleasantly and elegantly decorated Tipik Anatolian way of Living, soft colours with antique furnishings and private en-suite bathrooms, Each room offers its own special romantic atmosphere and Same Deluxe rooms are in The fairy chimney! One of them is extra special - which we call the honeymoon suite, this also has a fireplace to create that special atmosphere. The quad room is actually a spacious family room complete with fireplace and jacuzzias well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Kismet Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kismet Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Kismet Cave Hotel
- Hotel Kismet Cave
- Kismet Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey