What a pleasant surprise! This was our first trip to Turkey and the Cappadocia region (mid December 2012). When we first arrived (mom, dad and our two daughters who are 23 and 21), the entrance and room did not quite look like the web site and we were a little concerned. All that faded away as we were warmly greeted by the Kismet Cave House owner, Faruk Keles, who brought us into his cozy office to have Chai, Apple Tea and Turkish Delights. Faruk is a wonderful host whose main interest is to make you feel welcome to his Cave House. He grew up in Gerome so he knows everybody as well as the area around Cappadocia. He arranged for local tours and a Turkish bath for our family. The Cappadocia region has some very wonderful and unique scenery and great hiking, some of which is in walking distance from his cave house. One night he recommended a local restaurant run by a local family. Wow, what a treat! The mother cooks dinner on a wood oven and the bread is out of this world. Faruk joined us for dinner as did the mother and son who own the restaurant. Faruk was our interpreter and it was a magical evening. Breakfast was included and was simple but delicious. Faruk prepared a delicious breakfast of fruits, breads, cheeses, spreads, yogurt and eggs to order every morning, served in the basement of the cave house. The hotel bedrooms are clean and comfortable, but not elegant. If you are looking for a modern elegant establishment, this is not the place. But, if you want to be treated to the warmth and culture of the Cappadocia region, look no further than that offered by Faruk and the Cave House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 8 beautiful rooms are pleasantly and elegantly decorated Tipik Anatolian way of Living, soft colours with antique furnishings and private en-suite bathrooms, Each room offers its own special romantic atmosphere and Same Deluxe rooms are in The fairy chimney! One of them is extra special - which we call the honeymoon suite, this also has a fireplace to create that special atmosphere. The quad room is actually a spacious family room complete with fireplace and jacuzzias well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Kismet Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kismet Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Kismet Cave Hotel
- Hotel Kismet Cave
- Kismet Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey