“Wonderful experience”
Review of Kismet Cave House

Kismet Cave House
Ranked #51 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and enjoyed every single moment. The owner, Faruk, his assistant, Mahmut, and the puppy Alex was outstanding hosts and made sure our every comfort was taken care of. The hotel is unique and beautifully restored. The breakfast buffet was delicious. We also really enjoyed a spectacular traditional Cappadocian dinner made by Faruk and his wife-- this requires reservation ahead of time, but we highly, highly recommend it because it is the closest most tourists can come to a home-cooked meal here. All told, an amazing experience, and great value. Thank you so much, Faruk, Mahmut, and Alex for a wonderful stay. We can't wait to return, preferably for a longer stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yushingaround

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This charming little hotel was a nice find. The room was cozy and warm, an amazing thing for a room in a cave. We enjoyed the taditional decor and fireplace after long days of hiking around Cappadocia. Breakfast was great, with eggs cooked to order and honeycomb from the neighbor's hive. The best thing about Kismet, of course, is Faruk Keles, the owner. Not only does he hook you up with the right people to may your visit wonderful, hot-air balloon companies, cars and the like, for a resonable price, but he also shares the history and culture of the place from a fascinating personal and local point of view.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at Kismet Cave House with 2 friends over the Eid. We enjoyed the two-room Lilac Cave Suite with one of the rooms and the bathroom carved into the cliff and the other room tastefully arranged with arches and hand-carvings on the wall. Breakfast on the first floor balcony was fun and we could easily walk into town for shopping and meals. Faruk went out of his way to help us -- taking us on excellent tours in his van plus the dervishes in an old caravanserai and a hamam in nearby Avantos on the "red" river. As other reviewers have mentioned, Faruk's enthusiasm and attention to detail made the experience unique.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I visited as a lone traveller at the beginnning of October for 3 nights. I was welcomed by Faruk on arrival and then given some useful information about some of the local tours that were available to take. From that point on I was left to my own devices. I always felt I could pop into the office to see Faruk for any concerns or just a chat. The place has a very nice "vibe" about it almost like a family feel. The room was lovely and the breakfast was exclellent. I should have written this on my return. However 3 weeks after my return as some memories begin to fade, I would say, search no more. Stay here, you won't regret it.

Liam

Room Tip: I have poor vision so I asked for one of the brigher rooms, as some are in the basement (well it is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had done alot of research before choosing Kismet for my stay in Goreme. I was not dissapointed! I chose one of the cave rooms, and loved the experience. The rooms were decorated with local kilims and crafts, and were clean and comfortable. The main reason I chose Kismet however, was the endless rave reviews of the owner / manager Faruk. And again , i was left with my expectations superceded. He greated me upon my late arrival, with offers of apple tea. I was dropped off on three separate occaisons to hiking spots, taken for a horseback ride, and when I wanted to go on an excursion - he did not push any group tours or anything on me, he just helped me find what I wanted and arranged it all.
Breakfasts were fresh and hearty.
In total I spent 7 nights on two separate stays, and would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: I was in a cave room ,and loved the experience. The fireplace and jacuzzi were great perks as well
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I first travelled to Goreme more than 23 years ago. I returned last week, and found that the place is as incredible as I remembered. Kismet Cave House embodies all that is so unique about this area. It is artistically decorated and provides a friendly, authentic experience. The owner, Faruk, has an incredible amount of knowledge about Capadoccia. My wife and I were very happy with our experience at Kismet Cave House. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Cappadocia is really amazing. Fairytale country with so many things to see and do. We spend 4 days, but could easily have stayed longer. Kismet cave hotel is located in the heart of Cappadocia in the town Goreme. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. And a great starting point for walks and drives (either by car, bicycle, ATV or horse) around Goreme and in Cappadocia. Mr Faruk helped us with our holiday preparations and bookings. The room was comfortable and large enough to fit a babycot and extra bed for our toddler. Would recommend a holiday here to everybody!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family