The Kismet Cave House is a small, charming boutique hotel--a very unique place to stay. But the best part is the incredible hospitality by Faruk and his staff. Not only did Faruk help us plan each day's outing and arrange for balloon rides and local vendors at a discount, he also came to our rescue when one of our group fell on a hiking trip and had to go the the emergency room with a torn ACL. Faruk came to the hospital immediately, acted as translator, and helped transport our friend back to the hotel (he couldn't walk). In addition, he helped negotiate all the complex requirements of the travel insurance company to get our friend transported back to the US for surgery, and personally drove him to the airport and got him on the plane.
The breakfast there is great (try the local honey and yogurt and the hot cheese bread!). We also had a group dinner there several nights--they were definitely the best meals we had in Cappadocia.
Faruk himself is a wonderful host--very knowledgable about the area, and willing to spend time explaining the culture and the region. He charmed us from the start by stopping to buy a pet lamb for his son from a farmer herding his sheep across the road on the way from the airport to our hotel--a great photo opportunity for this group of photographers. It is a pleasure to share breakfast or dinner with him--feels like you are having dinner with an old friend.
When planning our trip, we debated whether to stay in Urgup or Goreme. We'd loved Goreme--a much better choice than Urgup, as it is small and charming and in the middle of the main tourist sites. The Kismet Cave House is a short walk from the main part of town. We found the shopping here much better than in nearby Urgup as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 8 beautiful rooms are pleasantly and elegantly decorated Tipik Anatolian way of Living, soft colours with antique furnishings and private en-suite bathrooms, Each room offers its own special romantic atmosphere and Same Deluxe rooms are in The fairy chimney! One of them is extra special - which we call the honeymoon suite, this also has a fireplace to create that special atmosphere. The quad room is actually a spacious family room complete with fireplace and jacuzzias well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kismet Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kismet Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Kismet Cave Hotel
- Hotel Kismet Cave
- Kismet Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey