“amazing staff, gorgeous huge room with private balcony, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Star Cave Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Goreme
Star Cave Hotel
Ranked #23 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
Fort Pierce, FL
“amazing staff, gorgeous huge room with private balcony, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

We can't say enough positives about the staff of this hotel. They worked hard to make sure that we had a fabulous stay. Fatih picked us up from the bus, Ibo sat with us, made all reservations and mapped out great adventures for us, Ahmet drove us to the caravanserai and introduced us to his beautiful family. We couldn't have asked for more.

As there's also dorm space, this hotel attracts vibrant young guests which was lovely for us. We were so warmly accepted even though we were much older and left feeling very young at heart. We found the place to be peaceful and joyful.

Our room, the honeymoon suite, was fabulous. It was really large waith a fireplace, private balcony overlooking the town, lots of seating, a great queen size bed, and large bath. Daily room service was not provided.

A three day stay in this area was perfect. We highly rescommend this hotel. It was a total delight.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

The staff were very friendly and Ramasan was very knowledgable about local trips etc.
The room (the one in the photographs) in which we stayed was lovely with a small sitting area. The rooms including bathroom were not cleaned during our 4 night stay.
The outside areas were attractive and kept clean.
Breakfast was different and delicious each morning - cooked by Ramasan - But when the hotel was full, there was a wait which was frustrating when people wanted to get out for the day. As this was the time that new people arrived - picked up from the bus station, breakfast time was a bit chaotic.
In general we enjoyed the hotel but felt that there was room for improvement which could be achieved by a bit more attention to detail .

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

I recently spent a couple of nights at the Star Cave and I had a positive experience. Given the diverging tone of the various reviews, I was a bit nervous about what I would find, but I ended up being quite glad with my choice.
The Star Cave is located just a short walk from the very center of town, which I found a plus point as it’s very quiet at night. It looks quite pleasant and has a nice terrace with table, pillows and carpets where to sit, chat and have breakfast. I found the room to be better quality than I was expecting: it was very clean, with a comfortable enough bed, fresh sheets, thick blanket and nice bathroom (albeit some fixtures were a bit rickety). Hot water has been reliable at all times (mornings/evenings).
The breakfast was just ok (not my favorite), but it’s included in the price, so no big deal.
All in all, I was glad I stayed there and I have to say that the Star Cave provided one of the best room quality/price ratios of my trip. I didn’t join any of the excursions, so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

I've stayed in Star Cave in the very beginning of May and I think this is the place where you get good value for very reasonable money.

If to give some facts about main things, I should mention maybe that the hotel is not in the very center of Goreme, but it takes only 4-5 min by foot to get there. It's located on the hill, so you can enjoy a wonderful view of the unusual landscape.
My main requirement for the hotel is cleanness, I'm little bit obsessed about it. And I was quite confident about the issue - the room, shower and public space was really clean. Rooms are equipped with central heating, there was always hot water in a shower. I had a chance to look at furnishing of few rooms and I found them really lovely. Every room is different and I find it so nice in our age of standartization. I liked very much cosy common room and the terrace where people eat breakfest and meet in the evening. It's so nice to share the impressions with the guys all over the world having a cup of apple tea.
I think the main advantage of the hotel is the spirit of Anatolia and hospitality, which gives you feeling of integrity and satisfaction. It's not only well furnished and clean rooms, not only beautiful terrace-view but also some details which make you to feel special guest, the one who is very precious and important. I don't know how the owners create such atmosphere, but they really succeed.
Since you've come to this hotel, you can just relax and trust your problems to the owners. They will organize everything for you, you just need to tell what are your preferences. They will buy you bus tickets and bring you to the bus station, give you some tips about activities, will help to rent a car or motorbike, will find a personal guide and give advice about best places to eat in the city. And everything by very reasonable prices (thanks to advices of travellers on internet I knew the price level).
I didn't stay at the other hotels in Goreme, so I can't compare. But I didn't meet any unhappy guest at this hotel. People who were leaving took the contacts of the owner with the intention to reccommend the hotel to their friends. So did I. If I would come back to Cappadocia again, I would not look for another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
new zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

Have just had 6 nıghts ın Goreme stayıng at the Star. From our arrıval to departure we had an enjoyable tıme. The breakfasts each day were nıce and varied. Although the room we had booked and confırmed was 'not avaılable' we dıd get a suıtable replacement. Hot water ıs an ıssue but was the only mınus. Ramezan, hıs father and cousın Fathı we excellent and knowledgeable hosts. The hotel ıs at the end of town, but that stands ın ıts favour as ıt ıs nıce and quıet. Our cave room was spacıous and a lıttle cool but the heatıng at nıght soon solved that. A nice big bathroom - super clean. Being able to get our washing done was a bonus.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Rotorua,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

Great place to stay with friendly father/son owners. Very helpful in planning what to do in Goreme. We were travelling at the start of the winter season so things abit quieter but just as lovely. Rooms clean and reasonably spacious. Temperature in cave rooms initially felt cold but got used to the stable temp. They do have heating in winter. Good breakfast. Some lovely little cafes/restaurants in Goreme. Balloon trip worthwhile particularly if get first flight of morning when more balloons are up. Felt we got value for money at this hotel though understand prices may have increased since October 08. An eveing meal may have been available if you asked but town 150metres away was excellent. In summer have a lovely veranda looking down the valley and have BBQs.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

I have to agree with ArleneandBenj.....the "hotel" needs work, maybe not aesthetically, but in professionalism and good solid management skills. Upon arrival, there was no record of us being booked in to one of the rooms. I specifically asked for either rm 104 or 105 a month previous to our arrival which was 60ytl per night including breakfast....it got sorted since rm 104 was empty anyway so after waiting for it to be cleaned, we moved in. The room was cute, newly renovated and the bathroom quite nice. We too faced the 'hot water' issue since we had a great hot shower the first night, but the morning after and another after that was freezing cold. I also used the provided hairdryer and shorted the electricity EVERYTIME I used it. There was also one night when the lights went on and out again for a good 15 minutes or so. Our bed was also horrible - we could feel the springs in the mattress underneath us and woke up with sore sides each morning. The breakfast was however, delicious (probably the best part) but a little lack in urgency as we felt it cut into our time in the mornings waiting for coffee to be put out for guests or waiting for cups, etc. The owners/management are nice enough - owner, father and a cousin - who run the place and to be honest, it seems like more of a hostel environment than a hotel. Actually to best describe it; its a hostel with hotel rooms and prices.
OH! I almost forgot; the hotel offers internet access in the 'common area' which I had to use to book our final hotel in Istanbul so I was online booking a room when the father saunters over and watches over my shoulder as to what I'm doing on the computer....um, can I have a little privacy, please?? I asked if he needed to use the computer (in a snarky way I might add), he said 'no' and continued standing there for another minute or so and I just ended up logging out and walking away....ok, maybe he was being nosy or maybe trying to learn how to use the "internet" that so many folks are talkin' about these days - either way, a little annoying.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple