“Loved it.”
Review of Star Cave Hotel

Star Cave Hotel
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very sad to leave. Ramazon and Mehmet who run this place are very friendly and will go out of their way for you.
The room we had was large and warm. Great shower and a comfortable bed.
The breakfast was the best we have had in a long time!
It is a family run place and you feel that, they are always ready to offer you a cup of tea or share their lunch with you.
If you are looking for a great place to stay and a friend in Turkey, this is the place to find both!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed two day for the domitory type room.
In this hotel, the young man was working there whose name is Muhammed akar.
You can know him soon.
He stays in this hotel and sex with many women.
If you stay alone, he will try to sex with you.
So you should not stay here if you are alone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
17  Thank passy189158
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed there 10/2012, the room was quite ok and the location is fine , the breakfast is so so, but the the guy there was hitting on my young girlfriend, passing stupid poems to her. I wouldn t advise single females to go there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank 1999traveler1999
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I cannot believe that it has taken me almost a year to write this review... I do feel bad because the experience was amazing! Ramazan was so friendly and went ABOVE and BEYOND anyone should do to make sure that we not only had a great experience at the hotel but enjoyed the magic that is Cappadocia.
I could go into detail about how every night Ramazan made sure to have firewood in our room (though we were more than warm enough), sent us to the most delicious off-the-grid restaurants, or recommended the best sights to see, but I have to say the most amazing thing he did was help us with the hot air balloon ride.
The only request from the whole trip that my girlfriend had was to go ballooning and I wasn't too excited about it (since i hate heights) but i decided that if that was her only request... i had to suck it up. So Ramazan set up the trip through one of the many companies and we were set for the next morning. When we got to the staging area we waited for what seemed like eternity and were told because of weather there would not be any trips that day. We were upset because we had a shuttle coming to pick us us the next morning to go to the airport at 10 am so that was our only chance... or so we thought... Ramazan told us that there is no worry and that if we try again the next morning we will be back in time. So we signed back up and rented a car for the day to see more sights. The next morning we drove to the launch site thinking that it would make it easier for us to get back after and got set for ballooning. We were delayed and when 8:45 came around and they said we were set to take off we thought we better not go… but out of nowhere Ramazan showed up and told us that he was worried and he was going to follow the balloon to where we landed (because it is in a different place… who knew) and drive us back. When we landed at 10am outside of town Ramazan was there and drove like a madman to get us back to the hotel. I almost forgot about the car but he just took the keys from us and told us he would take care of it (since it was his friend that owns the place). We got back at 10:15 am and the shuttle was still there with angry guests and the hotel staff there not letting them leave. We threw our stuff into a bag paid for the hotel for the nights we were there and as we were getting into the van Ramazan showed up with breakfast to go and a bottle of delicious Turkish wine to take back with us. It was a crazy whirlwind trip and the hospitality of Ramazan and his over the top accommodating antics really made it extremely memorable. Thanks again Star Cave and Ramazan, you made our trip amazing!

Room Tip: Get one with a fireplace!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jmoenyc
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at the Star Cave Hotel for 3 days and 2 nights back in October (7th and 8th). Where to start. Good location, not a far walk from the main bus station and accomodations office. My friend and I had arrived there early in the morning from an overnight bus from Fethiye, and Ramazan picked us up. Wasn't going to be a far walk, but there is some up hill walking, so with baggage, it was nice to get a ride. Our room was pretty spacious, especially the bathroom. Good water pressure and hot water for showers. The front door could have used a minor fix, as you couldn't keep the door shut w/o actually locking it.

If you stay there, you'll definitely meet "J" and his younger brother. Very good people! J was very helpful in arranging my hot air balloon ride for the next morning and a Turkish night. The owner, Ramazan's father, actually drove us to the Turkish night location (a restaurant), waited there, and gave us a ride back. J also helped us book a green tour, and helped us plan a visit on our own to Goreme Open Air Museum and thereafter hike Red and Rose Valleys.

This really was one of the most enjoyable stays I've had traveling anywhere. The staff is just so friendly and willing to help with anything. J even recommended a good pottery kebab place in Goreme. It was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

The morning we arrived, they allowed us to eat from the breakfast buffet (typical Turkish breakfast fooods), which is typically reserved for the following morning after a night spent there. That was nice of them. Good food. Even one day they made me an omellet.

Also -- good WiFi in the main lounge-type area, but I couldn't get a signal in my room. Not a huge deal, though. Our third day there, we were set to take an overnight back to Istanbul. No issues leaving our bags at the hotel for the day while we did more hiking.

If I'm ever back in Goreme, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent only one night in 10(or 8?) bed dormitory. It is en-suite but it can be bit tricky to use toilet when the dorm is full booked cuz it has shower booth and toilet are together. But they have some shower room and toilet at outside as well.
And wifi sometimes did not work in dormitory cuz it is cave!

Oh, if you dont like humid air, plz mind cave dorms!!!its inevitably humid
They serve breakfast but I have no idea bcuz i missed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at Star Cave Hotel in the dormitory. It was affordable, clean, quiet, and peaceful. Ramazan, the owner is a gem. He helped me purchase my plane ticket to Istanbul, a cay machine and a lift to the airport in a professional, trustworthy and fair way. Breakfast was only so so, but because of the rooms and helpful staff, I would definitely stay there again. The single rooms looked lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo