Stayed at the Star Cave Hotel for 3 days and 2 nights back in October (7th and 8th). Where to start. Good location, not a far walk from the main bus station and accomodations office. My friend and I had arrived there early in the morning from an overnight bus from Fethiye, and Ramazan picked us up. Wasn't going to be a far walk, but there is some up hill walking, so with baggage, it was nice to get a ride. Our room was pretty spacious, especially the bathroom. Good water pressure and hot water for showers. The front door could have used a minor fix, as you couldn't keep the door shut w/o actually locking it.
If you stay there, you'll definitely meet "J" and his younger brother. Very good people! J was very helpful in arranging my hot air balloon ride for the next morning and a Turkish night. The owner, Ramazan's father, actually drove us to the Turkish night location (a restaurant), waited there, and gave us a ride back. J also helped us book a green tour, and helped us plan a visit on our own to Goreme Open Air Museum and thereafter hike Red and Rose Valleys.
This really was one of the most enjoyable stays I've had traveling anywhere. The staff is just so friendly and willing to help with anything. J even recommended a good pottery kebab place in Goreme. It was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious!
The morning we arrived, they allowed us to eat from the breakfast buffet (typical Turkish breakfast fooods), which is typically reserved for the following morning after a night spent there. That was nice of them. Good food. Even one day they made me an omellet.
Also -- good WiFi in the main lounge-type area, but I couldn't get a signal in my room. Not a huge deal, though. Our third day there, we were set to take an overnight back to Istanbul. No issues leaving our bags at the hotel for the day while we did more hiking.
If I'm ever back in Goreme, I'll definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Cave is a family-owned and run hotel located in a traditional restored Cappadocian house in the centre of Goreme. Most of the rooms are cut into the rock while the upper rooms are built from the local stone. Sleeping in a cave room is a great experience - the quality of this age-old rock means that the rooms stay cool in summer and retain the warmth in winter. We create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where you can chill out with a drink on one of our panoramic terraces, taste local home-made cooking and basically enjoy typical authentic Turkish hospitality. Our breakfast buffet includes a selection of Turkish specialities as well as fresh seasonal fruit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Star Cave Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Cave Hotel And Pansion
- Star Cave Hotel Pansion
- Star Cave Goreme
- Star Cave Hotel Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey