“Great stay, Great staff, Great experience”
Review of Star Cave Hotel

Star Cave Hotel
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at the Star Cave Hotel for 3 days and 2 nights back in October (7th and 8th). Where to start. Good location, not a far walk from the main bus station and accomodations office. My friend and I had arrived there early in the morning from an overnight bus from Fethiye, and Ramazan picked us up. Wasn't going to be a far walk, but there is some up hill walking, so with baggage, it was nice to get a ride. Our room was pretty spacious, especially the bathroom. Good water pressure and hot water for showers. The front door could have used a minor fix, as you couldn't keep the door shut w/o actually locking it.

If you stay there, you'll definitely meet "J" and his younger brother. Very good people! J was very helpful in arranging my hot air balloon ride for the next morning and a Turkish night. The owner, Ramazan's father, actually drove us to the Turkish night location (a restaurant), waited there, and gave us a ride back. J also helped us book a green tour, and helped us plan a visit on our own to Goreme Open Air Museum and thereafter hike Red and Rose Valleys.

This really was one of the most enjoyable stays I've had traveling anywhere. The staff is just so friendly and willing to help with anything. J even recommended a good pottery kebab place in Goreme. It was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

The morning we arrived, they allowed us to eat from the breakfast buffet (typical Turkish breakfast fooods), which is typically reserved for the following morning after a night spent there. That was nice of them. Good food. Even one day they made me an omellet.

Also -- good WiFi in the main lounge-type area, but I couldn't get a signal in my room. Not a huge deal, though. Our third day there, we were set to take an overnight back to Istanbul. No issues leaving our bags at the hotel for the day while we did more hiking.

If I'm ever back in Goreme, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent only one night in 10(or 8?) bed dormitory. It is en-suite but it can be bit tricky to use toilet when the dorm is full booked cuz it has shower booth and toilet are together. But they have some shower room and toilet at outside as well.
And wifi sometimes did not work in dormitory cuz it is cave!

Oh, if you dont like humid air, plz mind cave dorms!!!its inevitably humid
They serve breakfast but I have no idea bcuz i missed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at Star Cave Hotel in the dormitory. It was affordable, clean, quiet, and peaceful. Ramazan, the owner is a gem. He helped me purchase my plane ticket to Istanbul, a cay machine and a lift to the airport in a professional, trustworthy and fair way. Breakfast was only so so, but because of the rooms and helpful staff, I would definitely stay there again. The single rooms looked lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in Star Cave Hotel with two friends for three nights and we couldn’t have found a better place. The location is great, the place is clean with a nice terrace where we can rest and use the wi-fi in the evening. Every morning, we had a nice breakfast, we weren’t expecting so much for such a low price.
The staff was very nice and polite, no matter the gender of the customer. I would like to thank Muhammed in particular for always being so nice and helpful with us during our stay in Göreme. I heartly recommend this place to all visitors wishing to have a good time in Göreme.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Location was great. Breakfast was standard. Cleanliness was okay.

The male staff that was there for most of the time seem to be drooling over every single female traveller. MESSEGE TO YOU - just because a girl travels the world on her own doesn't meet she will be available to your approach. HAVE SOME RESPECT.

• Stayed: October 2012
12  Thank rgarros
Ramazan E, Owner at Star Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

I'm really very sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at our hotel. This usually never happens here, as I won't tolerate staff hassling female travellers. However, Muhammed who works for me had to take a week's leave in October to see his family and we had a temporary replacement working here, I'm sure you must have come during that time. I know this is no excuse and I should have been around more during that time, but unfortunately I was busy with many things then and had no time to keep an eye on the temporary worker.

Please do accept my sincere apologies, I do not think that it's right to hassle single female travellers and I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to make sure such things will never happen again in my hotel.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Star Cave hotel was the perfect place to stay during our visit to Cappadocia. We were fortunate enough to have a room on the top floor, which was extremely large with it's own private entrance and balcony. Views each morning of the hot air balloons were spectacular from our room! The room was tastefully decorated, extremely well lit and always the perfect temperature - we never wanted to leave! The bathroom was also roomy and it was nice to have a hot shower after cycling in from Kayseri. Staff including Ramazan were kind and helpful, especially when we needed internet to announce our engagement! We definitely recommend Star Cave hotel for all visitors, a stay of at least 2 nights is a minimum!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived on an overnight bus and were dead tired. The hotel picked us up from the bus station. Even thought it wasn't very far away, it saved us the uphill walk and trying to find the hotel going on little sleep. They let us check in early (9am) and let us have some breakfast even though we weren't supposed to. I was a little skeptical of staying in a cave but the soundproofing was great and there were no dirt issues. But what's up with posting a price of 1TL for water and then charging 1.5TL? When we pointed out the posted price, they said it was wrong but they didn't make any attempt to change it (it was on a white board).

PROS:
- Beautiful view of the caves and hot air balloons.
- Large bathroom
- VERY friendly and helpful staff (Ramazan and Jihan) who will help you with any excursions that you want to do (ex. hot air balloon, Turkish nights, green/red tour)
- Location was only a 5 min walk to the town

CONS:
- No wi-fi access in the room.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the lobby the more likely to get a wi-fi signal