“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Ringe, Denmark
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sato Cave Hotel is situated with a beautiful view over Goreme. In the morning you can see all the balloons. The Cave rooms are very nice and cool. The owner and staff is very helpful by planning your days in Goreme.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The owner is really a super nice guy!
almost the nicest people i've ever met in turkey,
when you ask for tour/buses or any tourist information,
they offer you really FAIR price and they are not PUSHY at all!
And also telling you what kind of tour is worth to go , and which you could go by yourself!

we didn't join any tour at all (i'm sorry,we are really budget backpacker),
after we check out , the owner just let us stay at his restaurant and offering us nice drinks and foods ...( which he dont have to!!!)

and they also really nice free breakfast, not only like bread and butter,
but also omelet / yogurt / french toast,
so please pick this place,
they treat you from their bottom of their heart!

thanks alot!!!

Room Tip: dorm is also fine :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arriving early in the morning as the hot air balloons were lifting over Goreme, most of the town still asleep - I wondered into the Sato Cave Hotel. I was warmly received, shown a room, Agreed on a price and settled in. The place has so much to offer - is ideally located to see the city spread before it - My room was large, comfortable. clean and everything I wanted. A view from my bed was perfect. Breakfast on the roof terrace was most delicious, prepared by the owner himself - a very good cook - again form here the best view in Goreme.

Room Tip: Ask to see a few rooms - if they have any available, there is an authentic cave dorm room too. pers...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I keep a great memory of Göreme, almost an oneiric and timeless location. And Sato Cave was definitively I very comfortable hotel, well located, clean, friendly and efficient service. The only negative aspect may be the quite narrow and steep path to take in order to reach the hotel. But the amazing view is worth the effort!

• Stayed September 2012
Phillip Island, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

After waiting 3 hours at the airport for our pick up and many phone calls we were eventually told to catch a taxi! However as we were the last flight until night, all the taxis were gone. Not a great start!
The rooms were very basic. Only lumpy beds were provided. The bathroom was a wet bathroom which would have been ok except it didn't drain properly and flooded. The mat in our room was wet from a mop before we arrived and this gave our room a very musty and damp smell. The ambiance of the 'cave' was good but the smell and dampness not!
On a good note, they were happy to heat up some milk for my young daughter and the afghani man working for them was friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and only a few minutes walk to town.
On a final note when we went to pay they wanted to overcharge us by 80€. They said they had no paperwork - luckily we did. Overall, I'd choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PIcrew
Essex, united kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This Hotel was such good value it was absolutely perfect for me in every way. Although the room was basic I know if I'd said there was anything I needed Heeyon (spelt wrongly) or Osmon would have bent over backwards to get it for me. I would lean over from my bed and open the curtains each morning watching the many Hot air balloons filling the sky with the sunrise.
I would have my breakfast or drink tea on a balcony overlooking parts of Goreme and Sunset point where many people including myself walked up to watch the sun go down.
The hotel sorted out my trips and pickups which were just wonderful. On one occasion when I wanted to go on a horse trip through Rose Valley it proved difficult for the man to come and pick me up so Osmon took me on the back of his bike. Goreme felt a very safe place to be as everybody knows each other. Sato Cave Hotel is a few minutes uphill and so very central to everything. Everyday I thought the trip I had been on was unbeatable only to find the next trip was just as wonderful. I stayed for 6 days but did find I could have done everything if I'd squashed it down to 4 possibly even 5 days. I was impressed as well by the time Heeyon gave to me as I wanted to learn how to make Melamon? (not sure if thats spelt right) but anyway its turkish omelette and as soon as the busy time was over and Heeyon could have had 5 minutes to herself she called me to the kitchen at luchtime and showed me how to make it.

Room Tip: If you have a bad chest I would ask for a room higher up as although very quaint and lovely the lowe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank julieb57
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was recommended this hotel (now under new ownership) by a Turkish friend and was not disappointed. Despite some problems with e-mails (technical their end) I was able to speak to the owner (Ali) who confirmed our booking and arranged our transfer from Nevshehir and make arrangements for our onward bus connection to Fethiye. The rooms are real caves and are clean and cosy ! I don't think I stopped grunting for 2 days lol ! While they are a basic it really doesn't matter and you really get into the spirit. For the price you won't find better and at less than £40 per room per night....well it would be churlish to complain. Breakfast was adequate and the omlettes very nice. Its a great location for exploring the area with many attractions well within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window. Power cuts do happen and if you are in the shower when one occurs in a ro...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends