Our 3 night stay was arranged for us in this pension by our tour agency. When you walk up the hotel is tucked into a corner and the first impression seeing the sign and the main door is not very good. But once you walk in the place is quite pretty. On to the room, we had a basic standard double room...and it is very basic. It's an actual cave room, which is pretty cool. But bathroom looks like it was added as an afterthought. Its very small and The shower has no door, so the entire bathroom will get soaked every time you shower. The service is okay, the staff take sometime to warm up, which sucks, cause they seem like they'd be cool. There are different levels of staying, including a dorm, basic rooms, plus a super cool suite, with a nice bathroom that we managed to sneak a peek at while wandering around. Their terrace has a nice view of Goreme, and in the mornings the hot air balloons are visible. The restaurant is ok, we only had breakfast there. The biggest pain is the wifi. You can't get any signal in your room, as its a cave,so you have to come out anytime you want to use a Internet connected device.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ShoeString Cave House is in Göreme, at the very heart of the Cappadocia region. With great care for the environment and for the natural beauty of the rocks, five ancient cave houses have been restored and converted into accommodation where both Turkish and foreign visitors are made welcome. ShoeString Cave House has 23 bedrooms, an open air swimming pool and indoor and outdoor sitting and eating areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Shoe String Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoe String Cave Pension Hotel Goreme
- Shoe String Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey