“Cheap and nasty”

Ranked #56 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Cheap and nasty”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Cheap is the word, we opted for the private bath room in the cave hotel and were disappointed with the quality, although for the price I can't complain too much. The bathroom had a horrible smell, due I think to the septic system, which made the place very difficult to like. There were bugs in the room too, so crawlies in the night made restful sleep impossible. All in all I would recommend spending the extra on a normal hotel with AC and a pool and forget about the experience of staying in a cave, it really added nothing to our trip.
Staff were excellent though, and like I said the price is dirt cheap and the place full of other backpackers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Breakfast was average. Location is close to the bus station. Beds are not that comfortable and the rooms are not cleaned daily. Rules and policies of the hotel are not explained or displayed explicitly (Rules and policies are to be assumed by yourself as the same as all other hotels in Turkey/Internationally).

Personal Experience:
The staff are too laid back and have no sense of initiative to check things out for you. The staff had knowledge that I was leaving in the evening when I told him to check and let me know the bus timings the same evening for my next location, but I was not told or reminded to check out. I sincerely had no idea the check out timing and I locked my room's door and went on my day tour. When I got back, they apparently had knocked the door down, changed the lock and I had to pay TYL$40 for it. The staff was extremely rude when he asked for the money and demanded reasons why I did not check out. If you want to enjoy your trip in Goreme (Cappadocia), I would suggest that you stay in other hotels or guest house. Please do not let Nomad Cave Hotel spoil your impression of Cappadocia.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Iamfair
Co. Down
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Was looking forward to my stay in a cave room. Sadly disappointed with a cold damp shambles.No heating , no hot water and not even a door on the bathroom.Poorly maintained with dangerous loose fittings.Very poor accomadation.
Booked through Walkabout travel Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Trunksontour
San Francisco
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Adem at Jimmy's Place in Selcuk booked this place for us. We knew we wanted to stay in a cave while we were there. It was really cool! The staff are laid back - very backpacker friendly. A lot of flies, though.

Stayed September 2008
sydney
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Location average. Room was not serviced once during stay... not even to replenish toilet paper. Unreliable hot water.
Breakfast was good. Staff/owners are nice but don't really seem to do much!

• Stayed November 2007