“Great place :)”
Review of Nomad Cave Hotel

Nomad Cave Hotel
Ranked #59 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Nomad Cave Hotel is great place in perfect localization. Rooms are comfortable, clean, warm and quiet. There is a taras with nice view and you can eat tasty breakfast here. Also owners are very friendly, kind and helpful.
I can recommend this place to everyone! :))

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hostel is clean and cosy. As rooms are in caves, it gets pretty cold at night. If central heating is eventually set up, that would be great! There were only 2 of us in a room for 12, so that was a blessing, but only during the low season I guess. Owner's friendly and allowed me to hang around for a couple of hours, using their wifi and electricity socket to charge computer even after checking out. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ck2003123
Reviewed March 5, 2012

As the Nomad Cave hotel got quite good reviews, we booked a short stay there in the beginning of January this year.
About 2 weeks before our arrival, we booked our stay by phone, with the owner. We asked him if there were any possibilities for a transfer, as we would arrive at Kayseri airport at 5 in the morning. He said that that would be no problem and that he could arrange an airport shuttle transfer. The night we left from Amsterdam Airport, we phoned him again, just to let him know our flight wasn't delayed and to reconfirm our transfer.
Again, he said he had arranged the transfer, confirmed our flight number and time. When we arrived at Kayseri airport, there was no sign of any shuttle bus or whatsoever. It was 5.30 in the morning, it was snowing and according to the airport staff, there were no shuttle buses during winter season...:S
We ended up waiting for 2 hours on this freezing airport before we were able to contact Apo, who just denied that we had made a reservation and refused to arrange a transfer from the airport...!! Don't know the reason for this behaviour, but we would definitely never book there again...
Ended up taking a (very expensive) taxi and had a wonderfull holiday in the Elif Star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anna845
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Highly recommended hostel for everyone visiting göreme. lt has a great location to all sights.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank matty g
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Apo and everyone at Nomad Cave are probably the greatest guys ever. You will not regret staying at this hostel, not once. They help you find the tours you want, the restaurants that are great in town, and the hidden paths in the valleys so you can have the not so typical tourist vacation in Cappadocia. The breakfast is either buffet or made to order (depending on the day). This is a cave hotel, so it is a little chilly at night (although I did travel in December), but Apo provided us a room heater and that worked perfectly. The common room has a computer, and also wifi which is free to use. They also have a little, emphasis on little, library where you can exchange books or just take for the rest of your travels. The guys there will stop at nothing to make you happy, anything you need they will get you. And they're always down to play cards, or head out to a bar for a couple of beers. STAY HERE, I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH! Stay here, or their sister hotel which is Elif Star Hotel.

Room Tip: They have dorms which are like 8 euros a night or they have cave rooms with two beds that are about...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank MnYaDvOfMgN
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Great place! I stayed at the cave dorm in winter and it was perfect. Just what I wanted. The hostel is in a very good location and serves a very filling breakfast. The owner is very helpful: he immediately put a heater in the bathroom when I told him it was very cold to have a shower. However, the dorm is not locked, which might feel a bit unsafe sometimes. But I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank fufaita
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I loved this place. The host is very nice and friendly, ready to help you plan out your stay so you see the most in whatever time you have. I really loved the atmosphere, would go back any time.
I stayed in a single room, since I had too much luggage and I'm not too happy to leave all my stuff in the dorm. It was also great to have a bathroom inside the the room and worth some extra money. I'm not big on breakfast, but it was homemade and generous. :)
Since it was cold when I was there I booked two tours through the hostel to get to some remote places and they were okay (esp."the green tour", highly recommended). Also if you're interested in balloon flight they will def. give you the best price.

If I go back to Kapadokya in spring I'm definitely staying here again. I absolutely love this place and Goreme.

Room Tip: Single rooms are def. worth the extra expense if you travel in winter months.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo