“Cannot be praised enough”
Review of Guven Cave Hotel

Guven Cave Hotel
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed May 5, 2013

From my booking to my departure Mustafa, the hotel manager was the perfect host. He answered my emails very promptly. He is from Goreme and therefore his knowledge of Cappadocia is very deep indeed. Nothing was too much trouble, he is extremely helpful and put me at ease straightaway which was a relief for a single woman traveller. I would not hesitate to recommend the Guven Cave Hotel. The beds are comfortable, the food fresh, the showers hot and very clean all-around. Thank you, Mustafa, from the bottom of my heart. Hello to Hassan and your lovely Beru.

Room Tip: Rooms 102 and 103 have a private balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NathalieFlore

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Mustafa was nothing but a major help during my time in Cappadocia. He provided plenty of information and was always available if I needed any assistance.

The room I had was one of the best I had in Turkey. Spotless clean, very comfortable, and view was awesome. Only thing that could be improved is wifi reach, but I guess thats always going to be an issue when staying inside a cave hotel!

Breakfast was also delicious, the terrace space was a relaxing place to spend the afternoon after walking around all day.

I highly reccomend Goreme, and this accommodation option will definitely be on my place to stay list when I return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BrentEh
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights for our trip to Cappadocia, Mustafa was incredibly helpful and accommodating, as was the rest of the hotel staff.

Excellent view from the outdoor patio and indoor lounge, our room and clean and tidy, room service was AMAZING. We left in a hurry one morning and left the room in a chaotic mess, and all of our stuff were tidied up when we got back.

I would give Guven Cave six stars if I could

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were 2 couples and staid in Guven Cave Hotel for 2 nights. We staid in the rooms on the terrace which were recently refurbished, spacious and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were well equiped and cleaned every day. And included a nice, fresh Turkish breakfast, all for a very reasonable price, I would say a real bargain! But the best of all is the owner, Mustafa, who is genuinly a very nice guy who knows a lot about the city and the region. He gave us excelent advice and tips on what we should or shouldn't do and was always honest. The ballon trip was amazing and definitely an unique experience. He's a pilot so he knows which of the tours are worth. A word to Hassan, he's brother in law, who was always available to help. Thanks guys for some really nice holidays! Luis & Joana

1  Thank Luis P
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I recently spent five nights with a friend from the UK at the Guven Cave Hotel. We were very comfortable there. The room was very dark...wonderful sleep, the breakfast was good, and Mustafa answered all of our questions (and gave us lots of very useful information). He is also a balloon pilot (and some guests told me that they were very happy with his balloon trips). The hotel is very close to the centre of the town, near the start of the walk up Pigeon Valley and only about 2 km from the Open Air Museum.
I am very happy to recommend the hotel.
Jan B.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the darker side of the hotel. We stayed in 2 different rooms. The first...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Izmir_TurkeyJan_B
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived with no hotel so found a tour office who recommended Guven Cave hotel, and we booked an economy room. Mustafa (manager) picked us up, which was wonderful, and we had a real cave room . Such a good experience at a very decent price. Mustafa helped us with tours and also free local walks and what we should not miss. He was so very helpful and good natured and spoke good English. When I was looking for presents to take back, he said they didn't have this item in Goreme but he knew someone going to a big city tomorrow and he will tell them to get it for me. How's that for being helpful. The breakfasts were wonderful and we had so many free tea and coffees. Definitely going again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were absolutely blown away by lengths Mustafa (the owner) went to help us during our stay. We were unfortunate enough to lose our passports at some point between leaving Istanbul and arriving in Goreme, only realising once we arrived at the hotel. Mustafa immediately made all the necessary phone calls to the bus station, and then drove us to the Nevsehir otogar ourselves, helping to translate for us. When we had no luck here he brought us to the Jandarma (local military - used in place of police in this area), again translating for us and helping to guide us through all the necessary procedures. He definitely went above and beyond what most hotel owners would do in a similar situation, which meant that we were able to get everything sorted much more quickly than if we had tried to do it all ourselves.
Besides this, Mustafa is a Goreme native and is very enthusiastic about advising itineraries and walks, and arranged a driver for us so we could squeeze in sights as we ran out of time. We could not have asked for a more helpful and willing host, and I cannot recommend Mustafa and his hotel highly enough.
The location is perfectly central, breakfasts are generous and the views are beautiful.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting an "archway" room, since they are lighter, larger and have lo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends