“great hotel great cave room”

Paradise Cave Hotel and Pension
Ranked #27 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Goreme
Reviewed July 3, 2011

we arrived early in morning and staff our room was ready and we checked in. Staff was very kind and hotel is very nice and clean room..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 2, 2011

We had a shortlist of 3 pensions prior to making our final decission. A couple from the UK, we met in Selcuk, recommended Paradise Caves & were pleased we took their advice.
Erdogan, who is looking after the pension, couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, though they don't have 24 hr hot water (was always available when we got home of an evening)
One of the few places where you could have scrambled or fried eggs, for breakfast, on request.
We were able to book our tours through the pension, without feeling pushed into something we didn't want to do.
A job well done, Erdogan, would be a pleasure to catch up with you again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank m_m2500
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Paradise Caves offers a great location in Cappadocia. They arrange any tour of the area, have a great (and hot) free breakfast, and clean rooms. The meeting room of the pension was warm and had free internet, as well as proving a great place for travelers to hang out and chat.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhall12
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I arrived in Goreme at the bus terminal at 430am, and was anticipating a complimentary pick-up at 5am. I call around 515am and was told they would be there shortly. At 530am I realized that the pension was just up the street, so decided to walk the 3 minutes distance. Upon arrival, was told that they don't have a vehicle until around 630am - so left wondering why did they tell me they were going to pick me up in the first place?

My private room wasn't ready until 11am - but they offered me a complimentary early check-in allowing me to sleep for a few hours in another room. That was quite appreciated as quite tired from my 13-hour bus ride.

When I woke up they provided me with a free late breakast & coffee and offered advice about the region and local sights. Yasin was so overly helpful in answering all my questions, as he did for all the guests. They answered all questions with patience and a smile.

They rooms aren't all that fancy - but they were clean & comfortable. There is hot water - but early in the morning or late afternoon/evening is best before it runs out. The complimentary breakfast was delicious - comprising of an egg, bread w/ butter & jam, cucumbur, tomatoes, cheese, melon, coffee and tea. The roof top is hodge podge setting with different levels - all offering a great view of the town and some fairy chimneys.

So, would I stay here again? I'd have to say - heck, yes. Yasin & Osman (chef) are so friendly and went above & beyond to ensure guests were taken care of. They even invited all the guests to a Turkish wedding! Initially I wasn't impressed because they failed to pick me up at the bus stop as promised, but I quickly looked past this misunderstanding due to their incredible customer service the remainding portion of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Tiasis
Reviewed May 12, 2010

the staff was really great and friendly. Yasin and Othman were very helpful and kind. the food Othman cooks is very delicious. the rooms are clean and the baths were very decent. i highly recommend this place. i would love to have the chance to visit this nice place and stay in such a comfortbal place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We were for 3 nıghts ın thıs hotel, and have a very good tıme. The room was small but clean. We had a very tasty bbq, wıth salads, meat (ofcorse!)good (cheap) cold beers and water mellon and other fruıts. The staff was very frıendly and they speek good englısch. For a cheap and nıce place we recommend these cave hotel ın Geröme. We feld very welcome here!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2007

Having stayed in Peri Pension, Ufuk Pension, and Gümüs Silver Cave Hotel in Göreme, I was willing to try a new pension for the sake of the experience. Looked at the photos on the website and all seemed okay. Sent an email requesting information and received a response immediately. Reservation was made and price certainly seemed reasonable.

Upon arrival at the pension around 8:30pm, it didn't look like anyone was there. I walked around, calling out, but no response. I finally decided to go upstairs to the reception area and tripped on some steps that were not lit up at all. Did not seem to bode well. Found a worker sitting in the breakfast area, watching TV and smoking a cigarette. Typical. It took a moment for him to register that I was a guest who had made a reservation, then he got up and started to show me to a room. He showed me a room that seemed okay, big double bed, nicely decorated room, good-sized bathroom, and then left me to my own devices. I sat down on the edge of the bed and nearly fell off as the mattress was so soft it just sank down like a water bed that needs to be filled. Another bad sign. Used the facilities and started to unpack when I realized that despite the cool weather outside, the room was too warm and stuffy to be comfortable in. It was time to change rooms.

I went back up to reception, this time lights turned on and lighting up the terrace walk and found the worker again. I told him there was a problem and asked him to come down to show him. I showed him the too soft mattress and too warm room and asked him if there was a another room or a cave room available. He showed me both, but the cave room felt cooler.

However, that room was not without its problems. First off, no bathrooms. I was not happy with the prospect of using communal bathrooms. So he said I could use the bathroom of the former room. Still was not happy about the fact that I'd be using two different rooms. Found out the cave room door didn't lock, so couldn't secure my possessions when out of the room. And third, though the room was cooler, it had a terrible, musty odor. I could tolerate it one night, but decided right then that the next morning I was leaving and looking for a new place. Actually, went back to an old place that was MUCH better.

All in all, I would not recommend this place to anyone as there was no great Turkish hospitality like I've experienced at other places, but mostly the rooms just are not suitable, even for the budget traveler you can do better than this place!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Darsantre