“Perfect”

Ranked #17 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Goreme
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My only comment might be the twin rooms could have been a bit more spacious. Everything else was wonderful. The garden is brilliant, lots of places to sit, including an eastern style area, places to eat, and a very good pool. The pension is also very relaxed. You can take whatever drinks or ice creams you like, and just note it on a list. The food is good and priced better than many places in town. It's just a quick walk to the centre of Goreme, but just on the edge enough to be very quiet. The owners are friendly and helpful (though Sabina's two children seemed to be wearing her out). The room and bath were clean, and there was plentiful hot water. There is a supermarket half a block away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is the best hostel I ever staid in and I've been staying in hostels all over Europe for 10 years. The Kose Pension feels like a bed and breakfast. The public space is great.

- The outside area: a big green garden with an outside restaurant (you can take your own food and drinks), a cosy turkish sitting place with cussions, a swimmingpool-area with sunbathing chairs.

- food and drinks: prices (1,1 euro for coke/fanta/..., 2,5 euro for 0,5 l beer, 0,5 euro for thee) Yunes prepares a great Turkish (Kurdish) homecooked meal of 3 courses every day (price: 8 euro) + during the day you can eat spaghetti, salade, muesli, egss,... The restaurants in Goreme are very touristic and give you bad quality for much money so it's great to be able to eat good meals at a fair price in this hostel.

-Service: Yunes en Sabina were running the hostel. They where very friendly and not pushy. One evening we played a game of rummikub with them but if you want your privacy they also respect that.

- Rooms: we were sleeping in a double bed (single) room with bathroom. The room was big and very clean. The bathroom was very modern and had a clean shower in wich you could arrange the watertemperature perfectly. The room had a quality and cleaness you rarely see in hostels.

- location: You have to walk 3 minutes to get to Kose pension from the city center of Goreme. There are several supermarkets very closeby. The busstation is in the citycenter. A lot of hinkingtours are starting closeby Kose pension.

- The owner of the hostel owns a dog: Bulut. You can take bulut with you an a hikingtour but if you don't like dogs Bulut will not come to you. He is not the kind of dog that wants attention of everybody. If you don't like dogs Bult will leave you alone

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amelie W
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in the dorm here for a week and really loved it. I was traveling alone and I met so many friendly people here including the staff. They even invited me to go to a local wedding with them! They have a nice pool for cooling off after a long hike and the place is kept very clean. I never had a problem leaving my belongings behind for the day while I went on an adventure and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place is fantastic, friendly with an awesome pool but the dog really put me off this place. He's a lovely dog very friendly but he's never tied up so follows you everywhere, I usually wouldn't mind but I like to hike early morning so there was no staff awake to help hold the dog back while I left so he didn't follow me, so I was stuck with a trailing dog through the valley, drawing the attention and at some point aggression of stray dogs and most inconveniently meaning I couldn't catch a minibus for the return journey because I didn't want to leave the dog in the middle of nowhere, and I couldn't stop for lunch at a restaurant. The staff didn't seem to get that I didn't want the dog following me into shops etc, and just said "oh he like you and wants a walk" Aside from this its a lovely place to stay but I'm putting this here so hopefully the staff will see and do something about it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived at Kose Pension quite confident with reports from different guides. Unfortunately, we shortened our stay because of several inconveniences. First, were the owners away or different (?), we felt as if we were disturbing the staff when asking questions and not really welcome. We had a private room and, at our arrival, toilet paper was missing and a light bulb had to be replaced. We have had no room service for four days and sheets or towels replaced during that time. Dinner was not worth the price. We finally found a better place in Goreme and spent three wonderful days elsewhere thereafter. Only good points are the price and swimming pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Francois29
Vancouver
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Was a fantastic place back in 2000 but on a recent visit in 2013 things looked run-down and not well maintained. Stayed at the private room and the w/c sink and toilet area was cramped and small. New towels and sheets are badly needed too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Doha
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I travelled Turkey on a shoe-string budget and this fit the bill. The owner was a very welcoming lady and the dorm room that I stayed in was quiet. Found some friendly guys here whom I hanged out as well.

Despite all this, my takeaway from the trip is the 'guide-dog' who befriended me during my stay. And I am still terribly scared of dogs but this dog took us through the pigeon valley and more.

Recommend you to stay here for sure!

Room Tip: PS. I actually stayed here almost a decade ago!