SOS Cave Hotel
$132
$48
$109
Caravanserai Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
$37
$66
$53
$135
TripAdvisor
All reviewspigeon valleythe ownerturkeygreat viewuchisar castlekayseri airportperfect place to stayhelped us planhotel staffsmall hotelbreakfast was amazingmin walkthe hot air balloonsballoon flightunique experienceearly in the morningterrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our great experience started the minute we arrived, even though it was very late at night. Musa, the owner, greeted us and brought out tea and started chatting with us out on the patio. He asked if we were hungry and although it was very late we soon had salads and food.

It was like that the whole trip . Musa arranged our balloon flight with a smaller basket on request. He gave us suggestions for restaurants and activities. He would be up late each night talking or playing backgammon; I think just to meet latecomers or help a guest. When we wanted to go to the open air museum Musa had someone drive us and then we had a pleasant walk back.

When our teenage daughter showed an interest in the Turkish filled crepes (börek?) they made for breakfast they invited her to sit down and showed her how to make them.

Musa was our tour guide and showed us all the sites we were interested in and at the pace we wanted. He loved finding fruit and as others have mentioned we enjoyed fresh picked apricots.

The property itself was very clean and well kept. We had a cave room for the kids and we took one on the upper floor. Both had their charms. The hotel is up in the foothills and we loved the views at night from the either the patio outside our room or the main patio/ dining area.

Breakfast included the freshly made Turkish crepes (böreks) filled with potato or cheese fresh off the flattop grill.

If you get up early enough you have a beautiful view of the balloons flying past the hotel.

We've traveled all over the world and this was one of our favorite places as a wonderful. engaging, relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Goreme came at a time in a summer trip over three countries when we needed to experience calmness, real culture and a small hotel with a clear understanding of what guest means.
When we arrived at the hotel we were met by a staff and for the next five days he never failed to make sure all our needs were met. It seemed no matter what time we got up or came in, Vulcan was there and knew what we needed.
When they recommended a place to eat, it was always local, delicious and gave us the true flavor of this region of Turkey,
The room was a 'cave room". It was spacious, quiet, comfortable without the noise of A/C. Whatever the temperature outside, the cave was always the same. Sheets crisp and clean, beds super comfortable.
Breakfast was local cuisine to rival any 5 star hotel kitchen anywhere.
Excellent accommodations.
The real excellence of SOS is not the rooms, or the view (Amazing!!!) but the people. We felt like family, were treated like family.
They were perfect in their arrangements for travel. events, hiking whatever.
When I return to this area, I will always stay here. I will be sure all my traveling friends experience this quiet jewel.

Room Tip: Ask for a cave room. Just remember, it really is a cave. You must like very quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I can't begin to describe my experience in Goreme, in particular, this hotel. It is not a hotel it is more like a home, with such warm, good hearted people. The moment you step in you're welcomed like a old friend.
When I initially arrived I had a terrible time getting here (my fault I tried to arrange for transportation on my own). In the process, I lost my camera with all my photos from istanbul. I told one of the managers (Volkan) and he immediately started making calls, for almost half an hour, place to place. I could not believe how much he cared about a stranger and my experience. That won me over right there. They then invited me to share their lunch at their own table! I met the rest of the family and the owners Musa and Sinan, all of whom made me feel so welcomed. Nothing is ever a problem for them, willing to help and go above and beyond in everywhere. I have travelled all over europe dozens of hotels, bed and breakfasts, nothing comes close to this place. Okay as for the physical hotel:

Patio: incredible view at breakfast probably the best in all of Goreme. Breakfast included freshly made fresh, gozleme (traditional stuffed crepe), honey, fresh fruits, eggs, fresh baked bread, olives, and cereals, cakes for those who are home sick. I even was invited to make my own gozleme, no where else will you get this kind of atmosphere/opportunity.

Room: Extremely clean, housekeeping/towels changed daily,my room had a terrace balcony attached to it. When you wake up at around 5:30am-6am you can see the hot air balloons, pretty much can touch them, they are that close.

They also arrange everything for you in terms of tours, activities, recommend and even take you to their favourite restaurants. We're talking the real turkey, not just the typical tourist fare.

If you're in Goreme, this is the only place worth staying at. I already have planned my next trip back. Yes, the area is beautiful but it's the culture, how I was treated by the people that is why I am coming back to Goreme, to SOS Hotel :) Thank you soo much Musa, Volkan, Sinan, Kemal and Taner. You are such amazing people and I hope to see you very soon.

Amira

Room Tip: Room 304 was incredible view but almost all the rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The stay was above anything that could be expected. The staff was friendly from beginning to end and drove us to the bus stop at the end of our stay. The breakfast was delicious and the recommendation for dinner was perfect. The sunset was as good as you will get in Cappadoccia. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Rooms were clean only negative was we only stayed one night. Definately recommend.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our stay at S.O.S. hotel was just great. All staff was very nıce and helpful and always willing to provide good service. Breakfast was unbeatable and view from the terrace stunning. In the morning you can even watch balloons flying over your head.
Overall we can really recommend staying at S.O.S. cave hotel for your holiday. We had great time there and would definitely come back again. There was no problem at all. Thank you, Volkan and others:-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends