“A+++ Top CAVE stay thankyou Musa and staff!!!!”
Review of SOS Cave Hotel

SOS Cave Hotel
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Beautiful beautiful location, great view over the town and caves....
Beautiful beautiful rooms, comfy beds, warm room, great service, hot hot water....
Beautiful buffet breakfast!! lovely assortment of fresh and organic fruits (Thanks musa for the best apricots I have ever tasted!!), Hot tea, cereals, fresh eggs...cottage cheese and spinach pastries,olives, tomatoes, halva!! so so welcoming and warm....
we arrived late at night.....in the rain, we had a warm room and we offered tea......
All the staff are lovely people, genuinely good hearts, big smiles and wanting your stay to be great.......WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT
I can only hope that i get the opportunity to stay again sometime.....
Many thanks

Room Tip: From what i saw all the rooms are great....the view is superb, we didnt have a flash room and it was...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank warwick p
There are newer reviews for SOS Cave Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Going to Goreme? Then you must stay at SOS Cave Hotel. This hotel is superb, staff are amazingly helpful and friendly, plus you'll have a red carpet service by its owner himself.

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel when we are on our honeymoon trip to Europe and Turkey, where one of our destination is Goreme.
Months ago before the trip, I was accidentally found this hotel by googling.. And I'm interested by its name "SOS", which later I knew the philosophy behind the name is they meant to give their best to help travelers. So I tried to contact them by email ask for room and some information about Cappadocia. They replied me very soon, with detailed information about rooms, tour options, including the hot air baloon tour, plus they give their recommendation which I found very helpful for a first time visitor. I was impressed, and look no other hotel anymore at that time.
Next I book a room and ask their favor to provide us a room with nice view. And in reply, they exceed our expectation by giving us the Honeymoon Room which is their best room, at special price!

The next best thing is.. When we're confuse how to book a bus ticket from Istanbul to Goreme, they offer their help on the first hand. Even on that moment the bus ticket is not available yet (it's around 2 months before the trip), they took note about this and buy the bus ticket for us immediately when it's available. Again, I'm impressed that they really take good care of their guest.

On the morning when we finally arrived at Goreme bus station, the owner himself, Sinan, picked us up.. The hotel was about 5 minutes driving from the bus station.
Even it's not yet our check-in time, Sinan offer us a delicious breakfast at the hotel as a complimentary before we have our tour. Back to the hotel after the tour, we are surprisingly delighted when we see our room. It's very unique that the room is genuinely a cave room.
(Tips : when you visit Goreme, then you MUST stay at a cave room. It's an unforgettable experience).

For dinner, Sinan not just recommend us a great restaurant near the hotel (named D'stiny).. He also drive us there, and helped us order for the must-try menu. It was great! Compared to restaurants around the bus station, D'stiny not just have better taste, it's also cheaper, and you can see how they cook meals with their traditional oven.

One thing that we regret is ... We stayed here for one night only. We had thought to extend our stay when we saw our room for the first time. But unfortunately we have Istanbul waiting for us on our next destination.

So thank you Sinan, Musa and all the SOS Hotel staff for making our 2D/1N stay memorable.
We've sent you a little gift uniquely from Indonesia as our expression of happiness and gratitude. We do really hope to see you again someday. :)

Azalea

Room Tip: When you're in trouble or need some help.. You can always count on SOS Hotel. This include when...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank folletto_az
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Excellent choice! Cave rooms were amazingly welcoming and nicely decorated. The hotel staff was also very friendly and really helpful. You can also easily walk to town or to a few nearby restaurants. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bastije
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have been staying in many hotels lately as part of our extended world trip. The SOS Cave Hotel has without a doubt the most helpful staff and manager ever. They consistently went out of their way to make our stay easier - arranging the return of our rental car so that the company picked it up from the hotel instead of us taking it to Kaysari. Hanging out in the common areas was like relaxing with friends - we had card games and good conversations with everyone there. The room itself was great, the view fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ThreeQuarterRound
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our stay at the SOS started out on a bit of a sour note - on check in, the employee insisted on going over - which took a while - all the tours they had on offer, even after I told them I had already booked non-refundable tours with a different company, and showed him the travel voucher to boot. However, all that was forgotten the next morning when I stepped out onto the terrace outside our room and saw a sky full of balloons floating over the fairy chimneys. The breakfast is good - homemade gozlemes (you see the women making them on the terrace) as well as the usual cheese, vegetables, fruit and bread. But what is truly amazing is the panoramic view as you eat your breakfast. There's wifi on the terrace, a good strong signal; the rooms are a bit cramped (I asked for two single beds, and got a double bed with a single crammed against one wall) and the bathroom door didn't really close, but the staff are friendly and eager to be helpful. The location is about a five minute walk to the main drag, however the walk back is steeply uphill so it may be difficult for those with knee/back problems.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lifesci99
soscave, Manager at SOS Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thanks a lot for your best review.
Our hotel is not our businness it is our hous and turkish hospitality is very hiğh you know.
We like to give the best service to our guest hwo want to wisit us and stay with us.
If you like to come back any time to göreme you feel always welcome.
All the best regards
From sos cave hotel
Sinan Kanlıbaş

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located just outside the town center. I called from Istanbul and Sinan booked me online immediately and followed up via text and email. He picked me up from the station, booked all my tours, and made my trip easy, comfortable and enjoyable. The management went way out of their way to help me and make my trip wonderful!

The setting is breathtaking, and each morning they serve home-made potato and cheese pancakes, along with a delicious breakfast buffet. The rooms are spotless and the wifi is perfect. The service here is absolutely top notch.

The management even booked me a hotel in Ankara, my next stop. This was the most hassle-free stay I have ever had anywhere in the world. I would return and recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Cappadoccia. Both Sinan and his brother speak perfect English. It is unbeatable!!! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Firewheel17
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel has a good location with brilliant views. My room was small, but had a lovely balcony. Breakfast was very good, and the managers were warm and helpful. Price was quite reasonable. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo