“Once in a lifetime experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Erenbey Cave Hotel

Erenbey Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Goreme
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Since the time I have come back home, I can't stop raving about the experience.

Its hard to believe that the hotel has been around only for 7-8 months. The hotel owners (the couple) are managing it really well.

Room: Reasonably priced super spacious cave hotel room. With an equally spacious bathroom. Clean and very tastefully done rooms. Good wifi connection.

Breakfast: Wide spread but we found the break-fast spread to be more or less the same. The owners may want to look into adding some variety

Owners & Staff: Very helpful and nice people.

Location: Its location very close to the main city area. You can walk around at night till late and safely walk to the hotel.

Staying at a cave-hotel has been a unique experience, and it has been made memorable by staying at Erenbey Cave Hotel.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PoonamChokshi

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Erenbey Cave hotel offers you the best cave experience. The pictures do not do justice to this great hotel and you have to visit it for yourself! The room and bathroom is very spacious and the interior is gorgeous. The room is so cozy and clean - it was free of dust and there was no musty smell (speaking to other travellers, they found that their cave hotels were dusty with cobwebs but no such thing in Erenbey - it was perfect!) We didn't want to leave the hotel because it was that comfortable! At our request, we managed to see a few other unoccupied rooms and each one was so unique and gorgeous. The facilities include hairdryer, safe deposit box, kettle, etc. The hotel is in a great location and is only about a 2 minute walk from the town centre.

Kemal and Debra (the owners of the hotel) were so hospitable and went above & beyond to make sure we had the best stay. Their customer service rating in my opinion is 5/5. They organised the shuttle service for us from the airport to their hotel at an extremely reasonable price. I organised for a belly dance lesson in Goreme and her place is a 15 minute drive from the hotel, but Kemal dropped us there for free. We also went to a spa which was about 10 minute away and Kemal organised the transport there. We saved on taxi fare because he is willing to organise a shuttle service for us for free. He even organised a tour for us and it was extremely reasonable (in fact the cheapest compared to other tours and I did my research!)

The breakfast was excellent with a variety of dishes and is of the highest quality. If you have a specific request for food, ask them and they will take your request into account. We had to leave at 6.30am for our flight back and although the breakfast hours are from 7.30, Kemal organised breakfast earlier specifically for us showing how caring and hospitable they are.

Thank you so much Kemal and Debra for such a wonderful stay at your hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eas17
Modena, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Traditional cave hotel with a touch of modernity. Large room (number 5 at the ground floor) with wide well equipped bathroom. Homemade Turkish breakfast with good assortment. Very helpful personnel. Do not hesitate in asking for suggestions or help with booking trips and activities. The only minor negative note is the noise propagation effect in the inner courtyard. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hawalli, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our recent stay at the Erenbey Cave Hotel was a simply amazing experience. It is beautiful, exclusive and a very very fair price for the quality you get.
Kamal and his wife Deborah run a beautiful little hotel built straight into the rock face.
The rooms are (somehow) immaculate and free of rock dust. The bathroom has to be seen to be believed. Breakfast is ample and the whole experience is one we will be repeating next summer. Deborah organised and planned everything for us before we arrived and having now been and seen for ourselves. The prices she quoted were often below the going rate and always provided the experience she provided. The Hot Air Balloon and Quad Safari were the highlights for me.
I cannot stress enough how impressed we were with this hotel and I would urge anyone thinking of staying their to book it and be the one glowing about it afterwards like I am. Pound for pound, (except my honeymoon), this was the best hotel / setting / price I have ever had.

Room Tip: Flat number 1 has a simply stunning walk in shower built straight into the rock face.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night. Good location, close to "center" and you don't have to walk up/down crazy hills. Our room was spacious with huge, comfortable bed and our bathroom was beyond beautiful, very nice. Did not get to eat breakfast but saw, fruits, breads, cereal. Free wifi. We checked out early and spent the day on a tour, so the small bathroom with a shower they have in courtyard came very handy. We took a shower and got dress before we taking an overnight bus.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jen t
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We found this hotel by accident last October while staying at another hotel and were taking an after-dinner walk. We walked past what looked like a stunning property from the outside and I fell in love . We were curious to see the rooms,. We met Kemal Eren and he explained that Eren Bey was just opening . The hotel was converted from his family's house and he was happy to let us see many of the rooms. WOW ! What a gorgeous property it is both outside and inside. The rooms are enormous and truly stunning with high end finishes, nice linens, hair dryers, beautiful and oversized bathrooms with great amenities. I almost fell on the floor when I learned I was paying more for my tired little room down the road than for the elegant rooms at Eren bay. that and were immediately impressed with its beauty . I was not only enchanted with magical Cappadocia , but also with this hotel. I knew I was going to return to Cappadocia in the spring with another family member and that Eren bey was the perfect choice for my return visit.
I returned in May and can only say that the room, the service, the sincere friendliness, hospitality, and professionalism more than exceeded my expectations . The prices for the rooms are exceptionally fair for such large, beautiful, high quality rooms. The staff goes out of its way to make sure every guest has the best possible experience . I am wondering if this hotel will eventually raise its prices because right now they are a bargain compared to rooms in Goreme in the same price category; the owners say they will not do that. The floors on the ground floor are the lowest priced, but still enormous . The only complaint about my room, which had twin beds, was that the airflow could have been better; it was the only room that did not have several windows , so I could not get a good flow of fresh air and we got too warm a couple of times. Perhaps a small fan would help. The rooms above the first floor are pricier and even nicer than the beautiful ground units. The top floor room is the wonderful honeymoon suite with a private terrace and great views from the large tub!! Eren Bey is a gem that is sure please even the fussiest traveler. The property is spotlessly clean and is family run with love, pride, and generosity.

Room Tip: Splurge for the second and third floor rooms. They are beyond exquisite. No matter which room you se...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Recently stayed 2 nights and experienced really exceptional service.

The hotel itself is a traditional cave building, recently converted from a family home. The rooms are fitted with modern bathrooms and clean white linen and furniture, but with some traditional turkish elements with the rugs and soft furnishings. Gorgeous decor.

The standout feature of the hotel is the service. Kazim was so kind - he offered to drive my sister and I to some of this favourite valleys at sunset, and made sure we had seen all the highlights before we left the following morning.

The breakfast is also great, thanks to Efe for cooking the best Gozleme and always being so friendly and helpful!

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. When you stay here the staff take it upon themselves to ensure you have a good holiday. Great hotel and service - they really deserve the ratings they have received. 5 star.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends