“Amazing!”

Ranked #60 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Richmond
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Staying here was a highlite of my trip. The views, the funky room, the excellent breakfast were all so wonderful. The family feel and information they would share was extremely helpful.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Fairy Chimney Inn was fantastic. It is 1/2 way up a steep hill if you have any kind of physical restrictions and the rooms can be challenging to get to as they are literally built into the surrounds - no pre-planned straight paths - so if you have physical limitations that making steps and steep hills a problem, you should contact the owners.

Would recommend without hesitation. Definately book in for a home cooked meal too!

Just beware though.... you MUST pre-book a shuttle with the CHimney Inn to get from the airport!!! Taxi's are an expensive (quite rightly as the hotel is 30 mins or more from the airport...) emergency option to get you there!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BristolEckers
Ventura, California
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Very helpful staff , great location, very comfortable and unique rooms. Goerme and surroundings are positivily magic and will be in my dreams for many moons!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The Fairy Chimney Inn affords you an opportunity to stay in a real cave dwelling. After hiking and exploring Cappadocia, you will appreciate your very own cave which is clean, neat and simple and of course has wireless internet.

While staying at the Inn be sure to ask Unal and the other staff for their advice on local tour companies and help in booking. My companions and I appreciated that we were asked if we wanted the cheapest option, or if we were interested in the companies that had provided good experiences for previous guests. Whenever we returned from an excursion the staff always asked about our experience, as they wanted to be sure that future guests were steered in the right direction.

I cannot say enough nice things about the staff, and hope you will choose the Fairy Chimney Inn if you are up for a quality experience that allows you to say to your family and friends "I slept in a cave".

• Stayed November 2011
Vienna
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The time we spent at fairy chimney inn was magically relaxing. If you need time to recuperate and relax I can only recommend it. It is set up on the hills in Goreme, a 5 min walk from the central bus station. It is a very private and comfortable place to stay with a breathtaking view. In case you want spend the evening at the inn there is the possibility to have dinner with the owners, the food was excellent and worth the 14€ that we paid.

I can only recommend this place and I wish I were there right now ;)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2011

After trudging up a giant hill, I had even more stairs to climb to the door of my room only to find more stairs - basically was a duplex. I definitely found myself in a fairy chimney! I walked into the hallway which led in to a sunken bathtub. Did use it, but then it leaked, so that ended that. Then another staircase to my living room and a few steps up to the bedroom. I LOVED IT! I did have a terrace that overlooked the city and it was a lovely sight to see, but the terrace was in disrepair. My room was great and it was just what I wanted. I did get asked by the owner (?) several times if I wanted "company" and to share a bottle of wine, but kept turning him down.
There was breakfast, nothing spectacular, just fine. Didn't eat any other meals there. I stayed there 3 years ago (2009) during the summer. Trip Advisor didn't have a date earlier than 2010 to choose from. I'll look through my pics to post later.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Halli M
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I spent three nights at FCI with my partner, it was a wonderful experience. Owner Andus and his wife are impeccable hosts. She basically helped organising everything we asked advice for, be it hamam, a day tour, the night bus to Antalya or a balloon trip (we got the two last spots for a Sunday morning ride, so we felt pretty lucky). Andus himself also proved to be extremely helpful by providing maps and itineraries for our first day, when we were a bit lost.
Breakfast and dinner (which is optional, but a very good deal at 25 TL, and tasty) are super good, traditional and varied. The other employees were also very friendly and helpful. The room itself (we stayed at Cukur) was basic, cosy, and clean; so was the bathroom.
The cherry on top is the awesome view you have on the FCI terrace. I'd definitely recommend staying at FCI, especially if you're in Cappadocia for the first time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mental C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Guven Cave Hotel
#19 of 33 in Goreme
Local Cave House
Local Cave House
#17 of 75 in Goreme

Been to Fairy Chimney Inn? Share your experiences!