“If only Istanbul had such good Indian food”

Indian Rasoi Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 108 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident as we were driving around Goreme. Didn't expect much so checked reviews. They were generally great so went there and boy, were we pleasantly surprised. Best Indian food I have had in ages - authentic, not very oily, great quality, and portion size was much larger than expected. The Chefs (Suresh and Vikram) are the real deal! The restaurant ambiance is also terrific We congratulated the chefs but also requested them to keep the restaurant open past 9:00 p.m. - we would have missed the boat had we not called prior to make a reservation. Also mentioned that they needed to market the restaurant better because we only found it by fluke.

Bottom line: if in the mood for Indian you will not be disappointed!

Manoj D.

2  Thank Manoj D
Tahsin T, Genel Müdür at Indian Rasoi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable reviews about Indian Rasoi Restaurant. If you decide to come back to Cappadocia, we are always here for you. Dont forget, we are first and only Indian Restaurant in Cappadocia!

General Manager Tahsin Topuzayak

There are newer reviews for Indian Rasoi Restaurant

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed in Goreme for 29 & 30 July. Indian vegetarian food after monotonous Turkish food & scarcity of vegetarian food items was amazing option. I found Rasoi on Tripadvisor & it's took me one hour to reach this restaurant even I was just down hill. There were no proper signage, restaurant is located up hill.
We observed it was deserted with very few customers. Good ambience & spacious arrangement. Vegetarian Food was good & especially tandoor roti. Service was quick.
I won't expect much from them as it's rare to get Indian food in place like Goreme.
Only I can advise to use proper signage & publicity for ease of approach.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about Indian Rasoi Restaurant. Our chefs say hello to you.

General Manager, Tahsin Topuzayak

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in cappadocia for 2 nights on 30th July and 31st July 2014 at the anatolian cave house. We had dinner at Indian rasoi restaurant which is a part of the hotel itself. Indian rasoi serves delicious Indian cuisine to suit Indian taste buds. The portion size is very good and the chefs Mr. Vikram and Mr. Suresh are very good at their job and are very hospitable like. Lovely ambience good food good Indian music and good chefs. Over all its totally worth it and completely meets the expectations of Indian taste and food in Turkey.

2  Thank AlifyaYP
Tahsin T, Genel Müdür at Indian Rasoi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for shering your nice comments about Indian Rasoi Restaurant. We hope to welcome you again in Indian Rasoi.

Best Regards,
General Manager Tahsin Topuzayak.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I went to this restaurant the very first day of my stay in Goreme. But since I reached by 9 pm, which I thought would be ok as its a restaurant and should be open for dinner, they denied the service saying we close for guests staying at other hotels by 9 pm. I said ok. But since I was craving for Indian food, I went the other day.
The waiter, was extremely rude. Had to ask him 3 to 4 times for everything. Food taste was very bad. The chefs vikram and suresh said since we dont get spices, we have to make food in such a way. I dont think this is true as there is Indian restaurant in Istanbul also which serves delicious Indian cuisine. The prices were very very high. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

3  Thank Venugopal K

Best Regards,
General Manager Tahsin Topuzayak.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

After travelling for days around turkey I was pleased to realise that Goreme has an Indian restaurant. The food was wholesome and delicious. A well cooked meal. Indian food a novelty in this area hence the slightly higher than average price and limited menu options. But overall not bad at all. Good service and friendly staff.

2  Thank Nadia S
Tahsin T, Genel Müdür at Indian Rasoi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Nadia,

We thank your for shering your nice opinions about Indian Rasoi Restaurant. Don't forget, We're the first and only in Cappadocia! And one day, if you decide to come again to Cappadocia, We'll be happy to welcome you again!

Best Regards from Cappadocia!
General Manager, Tahsin Topuzayak.