“Outstanding services of all sorts”

Middle Earth Travel/ Day Tours
Ranked #30 of 102 Tours in Goreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Middle Earth Travel... We are the trekking, hiking, walking, climbing outdoors and archeology guides of Turkey. We are based in Cappadocia, a very special region which resembles a magical fairy tale land. The remains of the millions years ago volcanic eruptions, shaped by the wind and rain for thousands of years, have formed one of natures most spectacular masterpieces: Strange rock formations, called: "fairy chimneys". Beautifully coloured valleys full of these 'fairy houses' have been a fantastic stage for some of the most important actors of known history, some of which are the Hittites, The Persians, Alexander the Great, Romans, Byzantines and Ottomans. Many of these caves are still decorated with icons and wall paintings from the early Christian times.
Portland, Maine
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Outstanding services of all sorts”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Middle Earth is extraordinary. We were in Cappadocia in April and May of 2013, and they provided superb attention and service both as the agents for Inntravel, and in finding us a special one-day birding tour to the Sultan marsh. All of their staff have excellent English, a great knowledge of the area, and a friendly willingness to help. For example, on our way in from the airport, they made a special detour to an outfitter so that we could purchase hiking poles.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mainemal

• Turkish first
Lerum, Sweden
“Middle Earth as Tour operator partner”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Middle Earth Travel is one of our best local partners. They always deliver good quality when it comes to logistics, accommodation and provide exceptional good and knowledgeable guides. The team is very professional and we fully trust them. We are proud over our cooperation and are always happy to send guest to Turkey with them. Nick Sundström. General Manager, www.pathfindertravels.se

Visited October 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capadoccia hiking”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband is an inexperienced hiker, so we did our 1st tailor made 3 day hiking tour including the valley and the volcano climb with Middle Earth. The area is beautiful, the guide was both knowledgeable and reserved. We were picked up from the airport and dropped off there at the end of the trip. Organizational logistics and planning were excellent so we both loved it.
After our daughter was born we did a 2 couple + 1 y.o. kid 3 day tailor made hiking in the olympos area which both landscape/difficulty level as well as place to stay was perfect for our needs.
I can only recommend Middle Earth to everybody, they have lots of different type of tours (cultural, camping, hiking, etc....) which they very professionally adapt to your needs/wants/expectations.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Olga F
Boulder, Colorado
“One guiding company reviewing another”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Since 1993, I've worked with professional guides from all corners of the globe, and these guys are truly among the best. While traveling with my wife and our two children we hired Karem to spend the day with us. He put together one of the most memorable days I've had with my family. Karem was intelligent, informed, articulate, and patient; in all respects, Karem was a professional, and his colleagues at Middle Earth were first-rate. Outstanding service, 100% reliable.

Chris Yager, Boulder Colorado, USA

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“amazing service, the best”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I were traveling with 2 friends from Turkey who recommended Middle Earth to arrange a small group tour for the 4 of us in Cappadocia for 4 days. On the morning before I was leaving from Istanbul for the tour, I fell, so I arrived in Cappadocia area with the serious concern that I had broken my arm. My friends had called Atil before we got on the plane, and he arranged for one of the best local orthopedic physicians to see me immediately after my arrival on a Sunday afternoon. We were met at the airport by Atil, and within an hour after I was driven to the hospital, I had a diagnosis of a broken arm, and treated appropriately. I was able to continue my trip as Atil altered plans for me to do activities that I was able to do, and still had my friends on their scheduled events. So a very disappointing and painful end to our plans was turned into to a very memorable and fun trip. The travel program in Cappadocia was outstanding, the places they took us to eat were wonderful, and we loved the Sultan Caves Hotel in Goreme. I just can't say enough about how we were in good hands the entire time. They get 5 stars plus!!

Visited June 2013