“Great cavelike rooms close to Goreme centre”
Review of Gedik Cave Hotel

Gedik Cave Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Goreme
“Great cavelike rooms close to Goreme centre”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The manager and his wife are extremely friendly and give good suggestions on what to do during your stay. The breakfast is very good here as well.
The hotel is very close to the centre of town, less than a 5 minute walk and you are around shops and restaurants. Also only a 25min walk to the open air museum. The hotel isn't up a hill as many are so would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kavlou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vigonovo, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We only stayed at Gedik Cave Hotel for a night, but it was exactly what we wanted for that night!

Positive thoughts:
- Owner/manager (Erdogan) was super friendly, and incredibly helpful any time we needed anything. He also spoke excellent English.
- The internet connection was a small router in the room. Excellent coverage and speed for internet addicts. Sometimes this is necessary when planning activities...
- The free breakfast was excellent
- The hotel was easy to find, and parking was adequate

Only negative thought:
- The suite was pretty damp. That said, it's a cave. They keep it clean, so aside from being a *little* uncomfortable, it wasn't an issue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Danielle and Erdogan helped us so much with everything. They are definetely the greatest persons we met in Göreme! They made everything to make us feel at home. The view from the terrace is also absolutely wonderful, the rooms are very clean and lovely. Breakfast on the terrace is a great way to star the day! We deeply recommend this place!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs, and allowed us to benefit from the wonderful view every night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dedady
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is good. The room is clean and breakfast is good.
But the pick-up service (they booked for me) was terrible and ruined my trip.

I booked pick up through the hotel because I knew that Goreme was notorious for its strange bus service.
However the pick-up guy left us at other hotel.
After 10 more hours flight I was totally exhausted and upset with the pick-up service (that the hotel arrange for me!!!), so I booked balloon tour at other place.
Finally I arrived at the hotel (Already I wasted 1 more hour), I told them I booked tour through the internet.
(Yes I lied. I didn't want to be asked anything. I already greatly disappointed with the pick-up service they arranged for me.)
At first the staff seemed not to mind, but some hours later they told us that our balloon tour reservation was cancelled because we paid cheaper price(the balloon tour company hates bargain).
If they concerned about their guest, they couldn't do that. They just concerned about their business. (Maybe the tour commission is great so every hotel wants their guests to book tour through the hotel.)
They doubted that we were a part of unfair tour connection. How ridiculous! It was my fist day in Turkey and the one who arranged my pick-up service was them. We were just traveller who were exhausted and disappointed.
Besides we were offered cheap price because we bought some other tours together. Even Gedik also offered some bargain too when I asked about tours.

I didn't want to ruin my friends trip, I didn't complain. Finally I paid pick-up service charge (they asked me to pay!!! OMG). But I want no one to be a victim again.
Gedik is good to stay at but don't book any thing through them. If the service is poor, they will ask you to pay.

Room Tip: The cave room is too humid. If you want experience, just stay one night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank faketraveller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, for anyone thinking of going to cappadocia - go there! Its amazing and the highlight of our backpacking trip around turkey. In terms of accom, gedik deserves its title as the no. 1 hotel in goreme. Erdogan and danielle are just the best people ever, they are more like family than staff. Erdogan makes a masterful omelette and he was also good enough to drive us to the start of one of our hikes. Danielle is such a warm person and always up for a chat about the hikes that can be done in the area. Aside from that, the hotel itself is brand spanking new and everything is perfect. Literally no complaints. We couldn't believe how cheap it was for the value we got. If you go to goreme, there is nowhere else to stay. Cheers gedik, jake and moshe

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jake114
Sabinanigo, Spain
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very very friendly people, Erdogan and Daniela are the people you desire to find in all your trips. Excellent breakfast, nice stone rooms and situated in a beautiful village such as Goreme. Lots of options to visit the city and surrondings. Excelente acogida del personal, la estancia muy agradable y el desayuno excelente.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank carantonio
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I did a lot of research before booking 2 rooms for 2 couples at the Gedik Cave Hotel and I couldn't be happier with my choice. For those not sure of which town to stay in in Cappadocia, I can advise that Goreme had the most activity of any of the few small villages that we passed by. The town sits in a narrow valley and is surrounded by hills, many of which have hotels dug into the sides. The rooms are literally cut into the stone and the walls are solid rock with a wooden doorway for an entrance. Gedik is built on 4 or 5 levels, with reception about 2 levels up. This was the same level that our 2 rooms were on. The room next to reception was warmer than the other room which was located down a rock corridor 20 feet back. There is no A/C in any room, I think, but we were quite comfortable with daytime temps in the mid 80s. One room had a TV, the other did not.

Breakfast was quite diversified with many fresh fruits, cereal, cheese and meats and bread and rolls.

The location within Goreme is in my view fabulous. At the edge of the shopping area, you walk about 100 yards further and about 30' higher in elevation, so you're away from the noise but close enough to shop in 8 minutes.

Our host & hostess are fluent in English and happy to assist you with anything you require. I rate this property 5 of 5 having come to the conclusion that if I were to return to the area, I wouldn't bother looking for other accommodation.

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms are generally smaller and might not have TV.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple