“An unforgettable experience! ”
Review of Ocak Restaurant - CLOSED

Ocak Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer you most authentic Turkish dinning experience right in the heart of Göreme. We are open everyday 11.50am-11.50 pm. You can see the stunning view of Göreme's famous sunrise and sunset right from our garden patio. All our food are carefully prepared with the freshiest local ingredients. Our guests are important for us, they are like brothers and sisters.
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This was the kind of food we had expected to find all over Turkey but until now had eluded us.
From beginning to end the meal was faultless as too was the hospitality shown by the family that runs and owns this gem of a restaurant.
After being seated and an explanation of the menu we were offered a wonderful array of dried fruits, pickles, yoghurt and cheese with fresh baked warm bread. This was such a tease for our taste buds.
Next up we tried the stuffed capsicum, green bean salad and sautéed spinach. Again each having their own unique flavour.
For mains we tried the sausage. Wow! What an explosion of the senses. Spicey and so packed with flavour that it was hard to stop eating to leave room for the next dish. The house specialty. The lamb tandoor. Succulent pieces of lamb slow cooked in a wood fire oven with a well balanced amount of fragrant spices and vegetables.
This was all wasshed down with a wonderful local Cappadocian Syrah that we picked from the 'wine list'. A display of each wine set out on a table.
So please if you are in beautiful Goreme Ocak is a must visit.
Thank you for such a memorable final meal in Cappadocia.

ethem p, Yönetici at Ocak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello Beautiful People.
I hope everything's good.
I hope to see you again.
Get everything their hearts desire.
Sincerely, Ethem and family

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Having lived in Goreme for a month and explored many eateries, Ocak is one of the best places to enjoy home cooking and Anatolian hospitality. Sitting next to an open fire, I felt like I was eating at a friend's house not a restaurant.

We ordered lamb kebab, green beans, dolmas (stuffed peppers) and baklava. Everything was delicious, and the baklava was unforgettable! Once you've tried these home-made goodies you would not want to have the commercial ones ever again!

If you are visiting Goreme, make sure you drop by Ocak to experience and support their philosophy of serving simple and genuine food.

Hello Beautiful People.
I hope everything's good.
I hope to see you again.
Get everything your hearts desire.
Sincerely, Ethem and family

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Judging from all the reviews I guess these guys don't need a review from me, but I should just say that the owners of Ocak go through great pains to make their guests feel comfortable. This family run restaurant really feels like you're eating at someone's home and it seems sincere. The good is simple and hearty like the Anatolian people.

1  Thank elgati
ethem p, Yönetici at Ocak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Testi Kebap is awesome. Better call around noon time and make your reservation with asking for TESTI KEBAP. It takes time to get prepared. be on time and enjoy.

1  Thank Bulgurr

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This restaurant is just wonderful! The food is completely homemade by the family that runs the restaurant and it tastes like nothing you had before mostly because everything is cooked in a brick oven and tandoori oven (they use both). The ingredients are genuine and well combined in order to obtain vert tasty dishes. My husband and I ate at this place every night (4 nights in a row!) and tried almost everything on the menu.
Providing that the menu slightly varies daily, you should definitely try some of their best dishes: lamb kebob (actually looks and tastes more like a stew ... AMAZING!), beef kebob (equally tasty as the lamb), stuffed cabbage (it's a great appetizer), lentil soup, baklava (the best baklava ever).
Their red wine is also very good, they sell it by the glass or by the bottle.
The whole atmosphere is so special as Ethem (the owner) and his wife are wonderful people and will go the extra mile to make your dinner special. I cannot wait to go back to have another dinner at their wonderful restaurant!