“Friendly, family run, authentic”
Review of Ocak Restaurant - CLOSED

Ocak Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer you most authentic Turkish dinning experience right in the heart of Göreme. We are open everyday 11.50am-11.50 pm. You can see the stunning view of Göreme's famous sunrise and sunset right from our garden patio. All our food are carefully prepared with the freshiest local ingredients. Our guests are important for us, they are like brothers and sisters.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our hosts were very welcoming and we had good service. The meal was tasty. A more low key style. The grilled chicken looked good.

1  Thank Deborah G

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Cosy and entertaining. We really enjoyed our time with this family and the food was amazing! Recommended!

1  Thank H0nestT0m
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and 3 friends ate here after looking up places to eat on Trip advisor and I must admit I was a little sceptical at 1st. 5 kiwis walking the back streets of Cappadocia to find a guesthouse for dinner wasn't what I had in mind!

After we found the guesthouse and made our way into the dining room and meet the family in their home, all my scepticism vanished In an instant! This place is amazing, the family are so warm and inviting and it honestly does feel like (in fact you are) eating a traditional home cooked Turkish meal. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was so personal and genuine you couldn't help but have a smile on your face.

A 5 star experience that Is to hard to describe but you can't help but be charmed by an experience such as the one my friends and I had :)

1  Thank Shaun C
Reviewed April 11, 2014

''Always in my mind'' Never forget experience~
This is our first dinner in Kapadokia, The food was traditional and cooked with LOVE.
It was by far the tastiest food we had the whole time in Turkey. If you want a traditional cultural turkish experience with warm beautifull owners than look no further. This is a must stay.

我們第一餐在kapadokia就嘗試了這間一对夫婦努力經營的小餐廳,我們更成為今年第一個客人!在整個晚餐不會有餐牌,當我們問有咩可以選擇呀?
老公對老婆就講左幾個菜式話,雖然我地聽不明,但是就感受到老公幸福的樣,就知道係佢平時最愛老婆煮的菜式
在這餐飯我地感受到他們知足常樂幸福的樣,老公很自豪老婆的才華,她的手藝,做的一切一切
老公一手一腳改造成這一間小酒店小餐廳,佢仲話這小屋亦都是他們好多好多代出世的地方!只要佢每日起床看到每一條石柱,心就覺得幸福舒服
希望有更多更多的客人可以感受你們的幸福
這一餐,永在心中

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am not sort of person to give 5 star but well for my Ocak family, why not! :)

I was planning my trip to cappadocia when somebody random on the web suggested me to stay at Ocak. I checked the photos and went there. Initially, I felt weird on coming to small village in cold weather but the family was very welcoming, (nothing to do with them but it was probably because I was at my own and backpacking!)

As the time passed, I felt very comfortable and now I feel that it was one of the best thing I did during cappadocia trip. The man was very helpful in sorting out my journeys/other trips, the lady was very kind and made me good food.,

In fact, it was very interesting listening to the conversation of young girls with their parents, where she was trying to convince them for letting her have a day out in the valley.

In short, it was fantastic time and was a very good choice. I would have regretted if I had stayed in the hotel.

Anyhow, If you get a chance to stay with them, please do, by all means!

Once again, Thank you very much everyone at Ocak! ( I am giving this review after a long time but see, I've not forgotten you at all! )

1  Thank AhsanT