“Pretty good, could be better.”
Review of Istanbul Balloons

Istanbul Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot air ballooning is the best way of exploring Cappadocia. Our pilots so called " wind talkers " will take you off smoothly and fly you alone the spectacular rock formations known as " fairy chimneys ". You will feel Cappadocia at your fingertips and see feats of color of the sun rise with your eyes. All Istanbul Balloon Flight Crew are trained to the highest standard and all our pilots hold full TR commercial ballooning pilot licences, so you are in the safest hands. You will feel the art of flying.
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Pretty good, could be better.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Overall Istanbul Balloons made for a good trip, but there is room for improvement. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and they seemed to really know what they were doing, which I suppose is important when booking a trip in a balloon. Pick-up was prompt, but we then sat around for almost 30 minutes at their office/cafe area which was sort of annoying at 6:30am. My only real complain was that they packed us into the balloon like sardines; barely enough room to turn around. I don't have other experiences with ballooning in cappadocia though, so this could be standar. I suspect these companies are fairly similar, would probably try another one if I were back.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank modesto111
oznkrkc, Manager at Istanbul Balloons, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing , your opinions ... The office-cafe you are talking about is our breakfast area

and sometimes in ballooning we have to ask our guests to wait until the weather is ok for flying .

Unfortunately sometimes it takes more time than other days ...

In your comments you say the basket was very crowded , in standart flights we have 24 pax

baskets. If you had chosen comfort or deluxe package you could fly in 8 or 16 pax baskets ...

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Istanbul Balloons do a good job”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hot air balloon excursion went very well from beginning to end. They picked us up, gave us a very early morning breakfast, took us for a nice balloon ride, flew high (up to 700 meters) and low, great views. And to finish off, we got a certificate and some bubbly!

Ali, our pilot did a good job

Also, I have to add that the staff is very helpful and friendly. At one point, my mum and I couldn't find out hotel in Goreme, so we visited Istanbul balloon's office in town, and they were kind enough to look up our hotel and drive us back! Now THAT's service!!!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Nathalie A
Porto Alegre, RS
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Istanbul Demirbilek Ali balloon tour”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I flew to Istanbul Demirbilek ali balloon tour. It was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life!

Visited July 2012
5 Thank Stefania_Pilz
Egaleo, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“" Captivating flight with the best Pilot in Cappadocia ! "”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I want to congratulate our Pilot Ali Demirbilek for his abilities. He was great proffecional pilot and kind to us. He droves away our fear with his humor, he tours us of the valleys. We were amused by the fantastic shapes of the rocks (very close) and shadows of ballon. Thank you Ali for an unforgettable experience which gave us! It was magical. I would like to do it again !!! Congratulations on Instabul Ballons company to better serve offered us from the beginning to the end of our flight. Don't miss it when you are in Cappadocia!!!

Visited October 2012