Tripadvisor
Goreme
Review Highlights
Awesome Horse Riding

The horse riding session was awesome. The guide was carefully taking care of us during the entire... read more

Reviewed October 12, 2019
Chris S
via mobile
Sick 2 day trek

Most incredible 2 days camping with the dalton Brothers. They picked us up from our hotel around 10... read more

Reviewed September 1, 2019

from $130.00
from $144.84
from $200.00
More Info
All reviews an experienced rider hour ride rose valley horseback experience single file four hours entire ride under control sunset tour explore cappadocia highly recommend this tour turkey amazing landscape great guide take photos amazing experience open air museum
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Brochure advertises a 90 kg weight limit on a "pathfinder ride", that said the brochure has multiple ride types leading you to believe that might be a weight limit for an all day or particularly extreme trek. To be fair I am probably around 91-92 kg. My husband weighs more than me (probably around 93 kg) but he is a tall man and I am a short woman who looks round. They took one look at me and declared that I would not be permitted on the horse. They said "how much do you weigh?" So I told them in pounds, later check shows the number I told them was actually right at 90 kilos, they said "we don't know pounds but you are too big". I said, what about my husband and pointed to him. They replied he "was ok", even after i said "he weighs more than me!" Looking at the other riders there were clearly several tall men with round stomachs that weighed more than I did, but perception is everything. They were surprised when our whole party decided to leave rather than me just leaving alone in shame. 90 kilos = 198 lbs, if they were enforcing this limit universally they'd lose many customers but they weren't exactly having people climb on scales, but certainly many tourists, particularly men, exceed this weight.

So if you look fat, don't bother showing up here. Honestly it would serve them right if people just didn't show up in general. They of course did not speak good enough English to even discuss the situation with them, all they said is "our horses too small for you, very dangerous" and sent us on our way. If it really is dangerous for 90 kilo riders, tall or muscular men also beware!

Date of experience: May 2013
7  Thank Becca1979
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the only dissappointment we experienced on our trip to Turkey. I chose Dalton Bros as it was highly recommended online as well as a feature in one of the mjaor guidebooks. Worst place ever. My horse was uncooperative with me but at least it would just follow the lead of the guides horse. My husband on the other hand received a horse that wouldnt even GO! One of the other riders was highly experienced and asked the guide if she could rope the horses together. Not only was this embarrasing but I didnt get to ride with my husband because my horse wanted to always be right behind the guide and his wanted to be at the end. I asked the guide to rectify this, he said yes but did nothing. Also, he was a nice guy but his English was very poor - lucky for me he knew a third language that I also spoke but there was little or no guiding on this tour aside from what location we were in. At the end of the tour when we complained the manager just said, well you dont know how to ride. We were asked up front and had told them we were beginners and on top of it all the experienced rider said that the horse my husband got was not well trained and didnt have shoes on like he should.

Oh, the WORST PART, the horse my husband was roped to that was being ridden by the experienced rider who has her own horses FELL, yes thats right he FELL! luckily he fell on his knees otherwise both she and my husband would likely have been seriously injured.

It sucked. End of story.

The idea of seeing the valleys and formations on a horse is excellent, this vendor however does not deserve his half page inset he has received in one of the most popular guidebooks.

I wanted to not pay the full amount, but my hotel (which was excellent btw, Cave Divan House, talk to Hanife) was unable to get them on the line so she could talk to them and ask them to reduce my price. I should have just short paid them.

Date of experience: May 2013
5  Thank SpechlesStrytelr
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went there two times. The horses are very nice, well trained, and healthy. It is the best way to enjoy the amazing landscape of cappadocia. The owner is welcoming and very nice!

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank Anne-Laure L
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been on a tour with the 'Dalton Brothers' for several times and I can only say It is absolutely amazing!! The horses look very healthy and are well trained. Also the guides are very friendly (especially Erhan :) ) and they know what they are doing. They bring you to the best places in this area . Really, the best way to see this region is on the back of a Dalton horse. These were absolutely the best horseriding tours I ever did in my whole life. Love It....

Date of experience: July 2012
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Absolutely beautiful scenery, friendly, well trained horses and great guides even if you are a beginner! There is no other way to see the region - it doesn't get much better than this.

Date of experience: January 2013