“Doesn't get much better than this”

The Dalton Brothers Ranch
Ranked #38 of 90 Outdoor Activities in Goreme
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Absolutely beautiful scenery, friendly, well trained horses and great guides even if you are a beginner! There is no other way to see the region - it doesn't get much better than this.

All reviews
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"thank you very much"

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We went for a morning ride with our personal guide. Stopped for tea and a snack and enjoyed the scenery immensely. Great service and the only way to really appreciate the rock formations!

1  Thank mariannehoyymanana
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Unfortunately had time for just one hour ride but loved it! My friend and I are beginners and went with one guide. He was very nice and helpful, extremely patient when my friend started getting scared and decided to continue on foot. The trail was gorgeous, so were the horses. It was a fantastic experience and when I go back to Goreme I will do it again for sure.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Dalton Brothers was the only ranch that was available when I was there. When I got there there were six of us on the sunset tour most of the other had not been on a horse before. No instructions were give and we were sent out with a guide who could not speak English.

Fortunately one woman in our group spoke a little Turkish. Not only could he not speak English he also didn't know the trails well and got us lost. He kept taking off on us to look for the way down from the bluffs. He decided to take us down a very VERY steep incline to in which even an experienced rider would feel uncomfortable with. He went down to the bottom an expected us to follow. You know it's not a good idea when the horses don't even want to go. He started to yell at us and the woman who understood him told us he wants us to walk the horses down! Yeah right. It would have been the equivalent of trying to get them to go down a ladder.

We got off our horses and I started to talk saying we should go back the way we came. All of sudden the horses got spooked and started to run and out of fear of being stampeded we all let go of the riens. Our guide at the bottom started yelling at us. Then...he took off and left us! We asked the woman what he said and she stared at us blankly saying he told us to find our way to the road! We had no choice but to start walking.

By this time it was dark out. We followed his tracks and reached the road in about 10 min. but didn't know which way town was. Then, one of the brothers showed up with the shuttle to pick us up. As soon as I opened the door he started yelling at us asking why we let the horses go!

He drove us back to the ranch and then insisted we pay for the ride! Of course none of paid. And to top it off we then had to walk 20 minutes back into town because none of us wanted to get a ride with them. Needless to say these guys put us in danger. I've heard other stories about people being injured with this ranch (after my experience, otherwise I wouldn't have gone). If you do decide to ride with the Dalton Brothers please make sure you have lots of insurance.

4  Thank TheGallivanter
See more reviews
Reviewed October 4, 2012

There are several places in Goreme where you can go horseback riding. We chose the Dalton Brothers, and we didn't regret it. One of our daughters was rather small and inexperienced, so they insisted on giving her the owner's horse, and our guide held a rope tied to her horse all along our trek. And what a trek! Horseback riding among the breathtaking fairy chimneys and Grand Canyon-like mountains of Cappadocia will definitely be one of the most memorable experiences of your trip to Turkey.

The Dalton Brothers ranch is located along the road leading to another must-see in the area: the Open Air Museum. Plus, they pick you up and drive you back to your hotel. Good service, great fun.