“Best price with indication of Alex manager of Grand Cave Suites”
Review of Sultan Carpet

Sultan Carpet
Ranked #1 of 18 Shopping in Goreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Sultan Carpet shop established in 1989 and has been serving with the best way to the customers who come from all over in the world and has been in the same place and the same name for 25 years.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best price with indication of Alex manager of Grand Cave Suites”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

When I arrived to the hotel I asked the manager where there were a nice shop with quality and good price and Alex indicated me this place where I bought some carpets withj a great discount because of the indication. Also the people of Sultan Carpet were very friendly and flexible about prices.If you want a good carpet that is the place.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 45mari

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent Store, excellent Products !!!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would like to share my experience buying carpets in Sultan Carpets. I was greatly surprised by the attention I had, I was personally helped by its owner Ali Sarkaya. I bought two big carpets. One of them had to undergo a small reparation which they did during the night in order to take it with me. I bought another one and they sent me the carpet to my country, Argentina and I received it in time and as promised. I would greatly recommend this store as well as the products they have. Everything is of the utmost quality with very accessible prices.

Visited October 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great experience for being the first time buying carpets and rugs in Turkey”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been with my wife and child to Goreme and while there we were told to visit Sultan Carpets. Although we were interested in buying carpets for our new home, I was skeptical of buying anything in Turkey as I didn't like the way they do business at the Grand Bazaar for instance. Prices started at 10000 and ends up 400. Although it seems to be a tradition in Turkey, you never know if you are getting what you really paid for. There are no miracles in business!!! The experience at Sultan Carpets were totally different. One of the owners of the shop, Ali, made ourselves very confortable since we arrived at the shop. First of all he said that his prices were fixed. Any discount would be just due to quantity. He took his time to explain the types of carpets, difference among them, regions where they are made, why one is more expensive than other (even they look very similar), types of wools (first cut, second cut, from the neck of the ship and so on). We told him about the purpose of the carpets we were willing to buy for our new home and he gave us valuable suggestions. We spend over two hours just discussing and looking for the carpets for each part of our new home. Ali even let to sell aexpensive piece, which my wife enjoyed a lot, because in his view that rug was not the bes fit for where my wife was thinking to use it. At the end we bought 8 pieces. I left the store with the feeling we had a fair deal. Ali lis really a knowleadegeable person as far as rugs, kilims and carpets are concerned. Very polite. Speaks many foreign languages and know the value of a customer for the sustainability of his business. He does business to have customers back to his shop. Not just one time buying.

Tallahassee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Carpets in Turkey”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I have traveled to Cappadocia every summer for five years, and we always shop at Sultan Carpet. The carpets are so beautiful, the staff extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and the prices are really reasonable. We travel with a group of college students, and every year Ali does a presentation on the different types of weavings and rugs. There is never any pressure to buy anything. Last year one of the students wanted to buy a rug, but he had a really limited budget. They spent as much time with him as if he had unlimited resources, and he was thrilled with his purchase. I can't wait to go again - there are lots more carpets to buy! (We spend six weeks each summer in Istanbul, and I would never buy a carpet there. The rugs at Sultan Carpet are far better and better priced than anything in Istanbul.)

1 Thank curlygirl42
Rome
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful Handmade Carpets!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

You can find fabulous handmade carpets in every city across Turkey; however, in my experience I have not found another store offering a better sales atmosphere or better prices as those found at Sultan Carpet in Goreme. Ali, the owner, freely shares his knowledge and offers true Turkish hospitality without pressuring visitors to buy. His approach has brought customers back time and time again. Ali will even work with clients via email after they have departed (or friends of those that have gone home with carpets!) to purchase additional carpets and have them shipped internationally. Ali has beautiful carpets -- I've purchased several carpets from Ali and have recommended him to several friends. Enjoy the experience if you get the opportunity to visit! If you can't visit and still want to buy a carpet contact Ali... he'll work with you via email to get a carpet you'll love :)

1 Thank 09498