This is our 4th and last day here, in the heat of late July, and I highly recommend this hotel for 4 reasons:
1. in light of its position, on an incline north-most in town, it has views of the valleys and rock formations on both sides. It is also farther away from the 3 mosques than most Goreme hotels and the call to prayer less loud at 3:45 am. But equally close to all the restaurants and tourist services.
2. It is 2-3 years' new. Furnishings and materials are not worn and in need of repair. It has a lightness and coolness, and the design, with a large internal courtyard, is most attractive. Breakfast room and "reception area" are also light-filled and inviting. With 17 rooms, it is large enough to be able to offer more amenities but small enough for personal service and and a casual atmosphere.
3. Its staff take initiative and are service-oriented - our emails were promptly answered by all and our requests were readily met by the wonderful and patient Ozge, Koray, Vehbi, and the breakfast server (a quiet fellow whose name I didn't get). Little things, eg twice we sat on the terrace with coffee outside our room, and the breakfast server would bring little napkins and packages of wet wipes. Vehbi invited us to use the kitchen whenever we wanted, "it is your kitchen to use, and you can take coffee anytime you like". General Manager, Perihan, although all business and somewhat lacking in warmth, was quick to intervene and recommend 3 restaurants other than the one we were planning to reserve at, which she quickly described and ranked. None of the 3 was the hotel's own restaurant. Then she handed me her business card and invited me to contact her if she could help with any request.
4. It has a small pool and charming, covered seating area with chairs and tables, and comfortable, padded loungers adjacent to the pool. The pool is not heated, but in the middle of the hot summer, it is a delightful place to rest and refresh after hiking in the dusty valleys.
In addition, it has the other offerings of hotels in Cappadocia - free internet and breakfast, ability to arrange every possible tour or transfer, and a restaurant at the bottom of the hill. Unlike some, it also has room mini-fridges and A/C.
The only downside is traffic noise while sitting by the pool from the main road on the north side. This is a small negative when compared with its considerable advantages.
We stayed in deluxe room 104. It is line 1 of the photos of the deluxe rooms and, I believe, the best room in the hotel. Excellent value for money. An upstairs loft and access to a private terrace with panoramic views of the balloons taking flight. Note, there is no shade on the terrace. There is good shade on the little chairs and table outside the main door of our room, which we used often. High ceilings and 5 windows - hence very bright. And dry. We loved this aspect of the room, as we are not partial to darker and damper cave-type rooms. Consider sleeping with eye-shades. (If you prefer a cave room, Doors has those too). Queen bed, perfect pillows. Romantic lighting behind the bed head, and convenient switches at each bedside. Slippers in the room, but no bathrobes. Deep and long tub with shower attachment, but no shower curtains. Kettle, and tea and instant coffee making facilities. 104 is adjacent to the breakfast room, and the pool. Superb location, and completely soundproof from outside noise or its neighbour, room 105. Two small quibbles with 104: as with many Goreme hotels, very limited space to put clothes that are not hanging or other "stuff" - suggest management consider adding shelves under the stairs to the loft; A/C sounds a bit like ocean waves - not bad or loud, but I thought I should mention.
I tried to capture, in the attached photos, details and perspectives that may not have been captured by others.
I did extensive research including TA forum posts, and corresponded with many other hotels. While staff at many were responsive and gracious (Goreme Inn comes to mind) Doors of Cappadocia simply offered the best amenities for the price. We would choose to stay at Doors again, on a return visit to Cappadocia.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel Goreme, Turkey