“Beautiful Hotel, Helpful Staff”

Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel
Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had an amazing stay at DOC. Definately a highlight of my 3week holiday in Turkey. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and looks incredible at night, the pictures definitely do not do it justice! The rooms are very spacious with large bathrooms. The DOC is a lovely hotel but I have to say the main reason our stay was so enjoyable was due to the hotel staff. The staff at DOC hotel are incredibly helpful and accommodating, they are more than happy to answer any questions, provide transport and pick ups and have a wealth of local knowledge to share with guests. One staff member, Nehir, is a great asset to the team and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elle C
PERİHAN Ç, Genel Müdür at Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at DOORS OF CAPPADOCIA on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our services and facilities.We have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a super stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to DOORS OF CAPPADOCIA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had such an amazing and enjoyable stay! All details are taken care of! The pictures show how nice and well designed! The offenders is always around making sure all the guest are having the best time! Totally recommendable !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CynthiaMontano

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked this hotel based on trip advisor recommendations & it more than lived up to our expectations. The room was spacious, comfortable & beautifully appointed. There was no air conditioning but even though it was about 37C the room was always comfortable probably due to that stone walls. The staff were very pleasant & communicative. The manager Nehir, who always seemed to be on duty, spoke very good English, was very informative & helpful. It was probably our favourite part of an amazing Turkish holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meefa

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Initially I chose this hotel because it was the only one of a few with a swimming pool. What I will say is that any picture you see of this place will not do the hotel any justice. You need to stay here to really understand how good it is.

Once I booked the hotel, the staff were bombarded with questions for about a month or two. They handled all my queries very well. The reason I was sending them so many emails was because I was going to propose to my now fiancé, while I was in Goreme. I wanted to make sure everything was organised to make her trip and stay perfect and memorable. No matter how many emails you send, it comes down to trust at the end of it I can assure you, you can fully trust everyone at DOC.

I was somewhat stuck with choosing whether to arrive to the hotel by coach transfer or private transfer as there was a big price difference. I went with private, which cost 165TL for both of us, and there was no budging on price. You either take it or leave it. Once we arrived at Goreme, we were greeted by our driver holding up my name. Later in our stay we found out it was the owner (Yavuz) who picked us up. I think he picks up all guests choosing private transfer, so you know you are in good hands. On our way to the hotel he was explaining the history of the areas we were passing and population of each town. It was good to learn. Yavuz is a very knowledgeable man.

As we arrived to the hotel we drove up a steep hill and we were thinking "oh no this is going to be difficult walking up and down the hotel" but there is another entrance which is easy to walk up and down to. As we walked to the reception we walked with a smile because we were so impressed with what we were looking at. We were greeted by Perihan who is the manager who quickly dealt with our arrival and gave us our room. We were given room 111. We got taken to our room and as soon as the door opened we were greeted by a big sitting room. As we walked in there was another room, which was our bedroom, and it was big. It also had a hot tub in the room, which just blew us away. The bathroom was separate and was also very big. Our room was kindly upgraded by the hotel, as they knew I was going to propose during our stay but they didn't tell me I had been upgraded. Both the fiancé and I were over the moon with the room.

After settling in we went to explore the town and exchange currency. Perihan told us to go to the bank called Denzi bank. While walking to the bank we checked out other currency shops and all were offering lower rates. The bank was the best rest so don't exchange anywhere else.

During the back and forth emails I asked for a hot air balloon ride to be booked. Ozge the front officer manager did this for me and had everything done as requested. The hot air balloon ride was a surprise for my fiancé and this was where I was going to propose. DOC use Voyager balloons but you can book other companies if you wish. Voyager made our ride very memorable and all parties involved kept the proposal a secret. We chose a deluxe balloon which had max 8 passengers and lasted 1hour 30mins. Why would you want to go on a balloon with 16-20 other people? If you are going all the way to Goreme then you MUST go on hot air balloon ride. Everything went to plan and she did say YES :)

We made it back to the hotel in time for breakfast, which was good, but it is a shame they didn't offer fresh juice.

We didn't do much during our stay as we wanted to just chill out and relax and this hotel was perfect for it. We only took a private trip to the underground city and it was Yavuz who took us. He was kind enough to stop at a couple of other tourist sites and explain the sites even though we didn't ask for it.

Some pointers to help you decide your stay:

1. An amazing hotel where pictures do not do any justice. Looks amazing at night

2. A trustworthy bunch of staff that will thoroughly look after you and go out of their way for you to have a memorable experience.

3. The perfect location to be in Goreme. Restaurants, shops, bike/quad hire, bank, souvenir shops all close by.

4. One of the few hotels with a pool. It is very cold though.

5. Very under rated in trip advisor. This should be a top 5 hotel.

6. You can order food from the owner’s restaurant/cafe called One Way cafe. Great food and drinks.

7. A boutique hotel, which only has 16, rooms so no need to worry about being in a place full of lots of holidaymakers.

8. Any arrangements will be taken care of via email if needed before you arrive. Payment can be made on arrival. You can pay in TL or Euro.

I now have a very happy fiancé and we are both very grateful for everything DOC did to make our stay memorable and for arranging the balloon ride before we arrived.

You would be silly not to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dipesh K
PERİHAN Ç, Manager at Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you Dipesh for your good coments

We will be very happy to see you here .We are triying our best for our gest Thank you very much again bye bye

Doors family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here. I strongly recommend it. Staff was excellent, the owners personally operate the hotel. The hotel is really really nice, we loved the decoration. Great location and great value for the price. I recommend you stay 2 nights if possible so you have time to visit everything.

Room Tip: I stayed at the room in the corner which has a really nice rooftop terrace. You will love it too.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Edgar M
PERİHAN Ç, Manager at Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you very much your good reviev for our hotel (Doors of Cappadocia)
l hope you will visit us here in cappadocia
kind regards
doors
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is new, clean and is beautifully designed. The room does not have any air circulation, no fan and no air conditioning. The windows open to a courtyard, which often had people walking by the room. The door opened to employee quarters, so it was very difficult open up doors and windows to get the air flowing. The people were great. The breakfast was nice. The pool and deck overlooking the city is fabulous. We also enjoyed the location and easy walk to and through Goreme.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PromoBird
Thank you very much for your coment about A.C
A.c was broken in that room but we fixed now We hope you visit us again

Doors family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in July 2013. The room was spotlessly clean with very nice decorating touches. The beds were extremely comfortable and the large bathroom well appointed. Tea and coffee making facilities were much appreciated. The hotel overlooks Goreme and to have breakfast on the terrace whilst taking in one of the best views of the city made for a very pleasant start to the day. Whilst I was able to cope with all the steps, my travelling companion found them a bit of a struggle. My only complaint is that there are no umbrellas by the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Colleen C
PERİHAN Ç, Manager at Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much to staying whith us in cappadocia We will be happy to see you in our hotel again
Best Regards

Doors Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Goreme Inn Hotel
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#2 of 69 in Goreme
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,093 reviews
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia

Been to Doors Of Cappadocia Hotel? Share your experiences!