“get a good tour guide”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“get a good tour guide”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Like thousands of other tourists, our cruise ended in Istanbul.
Plan to stay a few days there and do an overnight to Cappadocia. We were picked up at the airport and taking to our hotel where we were met by our professional guide, Cansu Ozer. He and our driver Mustapha made sure we covered all the must do's the first day. This gave them an idea of our travel preferences. Day two, Cansu arranged an early morning balloon ride, a three hour hike, some great meals and some shopping for local crafts. This place is magical.

Visited November 2012

149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Hiking all the way”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm a strong hiker and I did nothing but hike for 2 entire days in this area, and my mind was continually blown away by the amazing and surreal panoramic landscapes. This is definitely one of the most special places on earth and I've never had this much fun exploring a natural area.

Keep in mind that the signage in the area is extremely poor. I got lost the first time but encountered Kiliclar valley, an amazing narrow gorge that was a lot of fun to navigate. Then I skirted the top of the ridge just before and above the roadway, across from Goreme Museum, where I could see, not only Kiliclar valley that I was just in, but a great view in all directions.

I came back to the park the second time and thankfully was able to find what I missed the first time, Rouge Valley. I climbed up a steep ladder through more narrow gorges and was rewarded by an amazing view at the top. There are so many great viewpoints and I tried my best to see them all, and each one provided something a little new and different.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank My2BareFeet
Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“crowded but worthwhile”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am glad we visited, but the huge tours really took away from the overall experience. IF you go, get there early. IT gets very very hot in July and August.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank CharlieHawaii
Stornoway, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Interesting history over many centuries”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fascinating site. Unfortunately the best parts required paying an extra fee once you were in the park.

Visited November 2012
Australia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Well worth the Visit”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This whole are is a fun and exicting area to explore, and very unique, some level of fitness would be a good, but there are areas you can easly stroll through.

Visited June 2012