“The best we experienced in Turkey”
Review of Heybe Hotel

Heybe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We spent 3 days at the Heybe in Goreme and can really recommend it as a base for exploring Cappadocia. The staff were always friendly and it was a pleasure to sit in the lounge with a drink at the end of a long day of sight seeing. The rooms were clean and well appointed; a real change. The location is great with easy access to the facilities and sights in Goreme. The breakfast was far and away the best we ate in Turkey. Whats more the wi-fi actually worked.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank David K D
Heybe, Manager at Heybe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience with us. It was a great pleasure meeting you. I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Heybe Hotel is where the manager of the Kelebek Hotel took me when it turned out that I had difficulties coping with the many and rather high steps there. The Heybe Hotel is right down in the valley, near a dried up stream, a great playground for boys and dogs. It has been newly refurbished and has also changed its name to Heybe which is the name for those carpet saddle bags for camels. It is only a few minutes walk from the town center and the main bus station from where you can take buses to any part of Turkey.

I find that it has a Mediterranean aura with stone tiles and wooden furniture and bannisters and of course everywhere the beautiful Turkish carpets. The center piece when you enter from the street is the reception with the beautiful manageress Filiz. She is the kindest and most helpful person I met on my travels. She speaks excellent English and as she is born and raised in Göreme she knows the town as well her own hotel. She arranged coffee or tee for me free of charge at any time of the day. I loved the long chats we had when she was not busy. Filiz has become a dear friend. Without her I would not have used my 6 days in Göreme to the full extent that I have. She even offered to have someone drive me to places further away and of course arranged tours best suited for me. I consider my self extremely lucky to have the guide yücel (just call me huge) on every tour I was on. He had been at University for four years in order to learn everything about the history and culture of Turkey and to prepare himself to his chosen profession as the best guide in town. His enthusiasm for his subject and his great humour were infectious.

At the Heybe Hotel you will be served breakfast right at the top with a stunning view over the Göreme Valley. When it is not too cold you can sit outside under the sun shades but indoors it is also very bright. I always took my time over breakfast, enjoying the view while savouring Hatice's freshly baked rolls and cakes. The choice of dishes is enormous with Kürşat or young
Necati helping you. After breakfast I never even needed lunch, except sometimes a hot soup on my walks.

Heybe Hotel does not offer dinner but you will find a great variety of restaurants nearby and all over town. I must admit however, that I always went to Alaturca, right by the bus station, which quickly became my favourite.

I am sure that you will love Göreme with its unique cave hotels and of course Heybe, my home from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Eleonore H

Dear Eleonore,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a great pleasure having you at Heybe Hotel.
We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our service, facilities and the buffet breakfast on offer. I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated.

We hope you'll choose Heybe Hotel the next time you're in Goreme.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here two nights. From the time we checked in, it was like staying with friends. They were eager to help us with deciding what was important to see, and what restaurants were good. They drove us to the museum and trailheads at no extra cost.

The rooms were nice and clean, and everything worked. I would stay there again if I went back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dhilburg
Heybe, Manager at Heybe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights during our tour of Turkey and it one of the more pleasurable places. Rooms & hotel were small but very intimate with friendly staff and lovely breakfast on the rooftop overlooking the cave homes of Goreme. Breakfast at 7 am also gave you a wonderful view of the balloon riders in the sky - the next best thing to taking a ride yourself. A lovely spot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank g0bananas

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We met the hotel manager Phyllis when we were out hitchhiking after a long day hike. She picked us up and gave us a ride to town and our other lodging (we had rented a house with friends). When our other lodging was complete, we moved to Heybe for another two days to repay the karma of her picking us up. We were pleased to find a simple almost elegant hotel, with an amazing breakfast spread (the most authentic and expansive of our trip). And the bonus of shuttles to the hiking trailheads was fantastic, and saved our legs and taxi fares.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paddler57

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The philosophy of Heybe Hotel people is to make you feel good and help in whatever they can. The hotel is clean and new, with rustic-elegant finishes: beautiful. Close to the bus station and open air museum. Hot water all the time, nice breakfast-buffet, comfortable beds but, the best of all, the genteelness of the manager (Phyllis) and the staff. They advised of the local activities, offered us rides to drop us off or pick us up to do trekking, site seeing and many more. No tips or fees were even mentioned and for that we left a good tip in the front desk tip box.
I could go on and on about how pleasant the stay was at Heybe.
Good price for so much in return. Totally recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank GABRIELA B

Thank you for your kind and thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our service. I’m verry happy to meet you and Our focus is to show Turkish Hospitality to all our guests from all over the world.

I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated. We are all looking forward to wellcome you again in the future.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Heybe Hotel the next time you're in Goreme.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I'm in love with Capadocia and very greatful to all staffs in Heybe Hotel who made my stay magical! It was also a fantastic experience flying in a Butterfly balloons and I recommend it to everyone! My sister and I had a great time visiting the vales and walking around the city and the weather in October is perfect! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013