“Best food in Goreme”

Cappadocian Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish, Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Best food in Goreme”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best food in Goreme, and better than the vast majority of restaurants we tried in Istanbul. It was so good that we couldn't stop going back. I had a different entree each time - all delicious. My girlfriend had the clay pot chicken, which I think is their best. It was so great that she ordered it for 3 separate meals.

The staff are very friendly and funny, and the price is better than most other restaurants in town. A can't miss.

1 Thank Syxtoez

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manama
“Loved the Claypot Chicken, Disliked the Manti”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here tonight. The place was packed, probably because Topdeck was closed and everyone went for second best. Having dined at Topdeck last night, I agree that Cappadocian Cuisine comes second. I had lentil soup and manti. The lentil soup we tasted throughout our travels in Turkey tasted the same; nothing that set this one apart. Nevertheless, it tasted good. The manti, on the other hand, was disappointing. Compared to the manti we had at Imbat in Istanbul, this one fell short in flavor and texture. The ground meat in the dish was fatty and the taste overall wasn't that appetizing. I found myself hesitant to take another bite. The dish just didn't leave me wanting more. My husband had a fixed menu that included lentil soup, salad, rice, and claypot chicken for the price of 18 TL. I had a taste of his claypot chicken and it was delicious and so tender. When they brought it over to the table and cracked the pot open, the broth inside was still bubbling. The presentation was so nice and I felt bad that we didn't bring the camera with us to take a picture of the dish. I also regretted ordering the manti. For dessert, we shared a yogurt with honey. It was okay, nothing great. Probably not the best dessert option on the menu. We wanted Turkish tea with our dessert but they ran out (huh? Couldn't they just make a fresh pot? A restaurant running out of tea in Turkey of all countries was pretty lame). We then ordered apple tea and Turkish coffee. My advice regarding the food is to go for their claypot dishes. You won't go wrong there. As for their service, the family that runs the restaurant is super nice, as is the rest of the population in Goreme. If you're going to be in the city for some time, go to Topdeck at least once; then try to go to Cappadocian Cuisine for the claypot dishes, since these weren't available at Topdeck when we were there (their menu changes every night). And if I were you, I would probably try to "reserve" a cup of tea if I happen to be there on a busy night and have my heart set on it.

Visited May 2013
Calangute, India
“Amazing place with great ambience &Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is one place we stumbled on by chance &sure am glad we did, will definitely recommend this place for future Traveller's who come here. The baklava is really awesome.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant, do not miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I arrived to capadoccia on a cold night of march and almost by accident we went to this restaurant.... Amazing food, run by an awesome family. If you go to capadoccia you have to go to this restaurant it will not dissapoint you. I also tried other restaurants (including the #1 rated) and by no means they none of them is better than this one, in fact the foos is even better than many of the restaurants i went on Istambul. It was so good that we went 3 times!! If you go, you should try the pottery dishes, but everything is good-quality.

• Visited April 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having so many restaurants in Goreme it is difficult to make a choise but here you cannot be desappointed. Good quality of food and kind people serving it.