“Good impression overall...”
Review of Arch Palace Hotel

Arch Palace Hotel
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Welcome by Mustafa late evening, Transfer arranged by the hotel, same price as if you book through info@goreme.com. 10€ per head.
Spacious triple room eventhough we were two, otoman decorated and nice views overlooking Goreme town. No top sheet or turkish duvet though, winter duvet is too much during summer time.
Good buffet breakfast served at the roof terrace, enjoying the wiews, Coffee magic moment spoilt by Mustafa, explaining us ALL ABOUT GOREME, which we appreciated, but he even grabbed a coffee and sat with us, border line between friendly and pushy, maybe just a cultural thing, but we had not seen this in any other hotel during our 15 day tour around Turkey.
Overall good value for money.

There are newer reviews for Arch Palace Hotel

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed here for several nights as I was travelling through Turkey with friends on our way to Mongolia. It is a delightful hotel with very comfy rooms which are truly of a standard expected of Western tourists.

Mustaffa, the owner, is very attentive without being over bearing. He is full of advice, recommendations and will arrange pretty much everything you could want - take his help, it's invaluable, herecommended 2 restaurants to us, both of which were excellent and his advice on places to see was spot on.

The hotel has a delightful roof terrace, perfect place for looking out over Goreme of an evening with a cool drink.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed at three places in beautiful Göreme over the years: Peri Pension (1998), Kelabek (2009) and now Arch Palace. I like the latter the best because the rooms are lovely and clean, the bathrooms are wonderful, the location is perfect, the views from the terrace are incredible and, most of all, Mustafa, the owner-host, is a great guy. He's helpful yet not overbearing, he has a great sense of humor, he will help you with everything you could possibly need. It's an intimate place with 10 or so rooms and unlike Kelebek, doesn't feel like a "business enterprise". It's more like staying at a friends' place. I would highly recommend this hotel and its owner, Mustafa.

Room Tip: We were in room 101 because my mom recently had knee surgery and it was fine. I suppose I'd choo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed in a family room with our 2 teenage sons and loved this place. The beds are seriously comfortable, the roof terrace perfect and the breakfast delicious but what really makes this place feel like home is the owner, Mustafa. He was a wealth of information, whether you wanted to explore the area with a tour or independently and above all, he was good company; we enjoyed our chats at breakfast. A special mention should also go to Abdullah (Abu) for his friendly service. I can’t think of a better start to the day than having breakfast on Mustafa’s roof terrace overlooking Goreme. There’s also a tented seating area on the roof, which is a nice place to spend a few hours and relax. Arch Palace isn’t a cave hotel, which we weren’t looking for, but it has character, is close to town and has a very friendly vibe. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank howie2507
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having read through previous reviews I was eager to meet the owner Mustafa! The reviews are spot on. Mustafa is the most dedicated, helpful, pleasant hotel owner I have ever met in all of my travels!!

When we arrived, my boyfriend had been sick for a few days and was feeling quite rough after the journey. Mustafa drove us straight to the chemist, waited for us and brought us back.

As mentioned by the other reviewers, Mustafa was extremely helpful explaining what there was to do in Goreme, without doing a sales pitch! He organised a tour of Goreme for us which was excellent (red tour).

The following day, we decided not to do the green (full day) tour, as we weren't up to full health yet, but Mustafa came to talk to us after breakfast and explained how we could visit the underground city Kaymakli by ourselves. Much cheaper than a tour and we really enjoyed taking the buses with the locals.

The rooms were lovely, comfortable, clean and lovely and cool. The temperatures were almost 40 degrees celsius during the day, and we didn't need air con at all!

Breakfast was nice, and the views from the roof terrace are lovely. I've forgotten the name of the other guy who works with Mustafa, but he was always very helpful and polite too.

The best night our whole holiday was also down to Mustafa. We wanted to see a Whirling Dervish performance. Mustafa organised this for us, drove us to the venue, shook hands with the man at the door and walked us straight up to the best seats in the house. He was waiting outside for us when the performance was over. He had booked dinner for us at the Nostalgia restaurant (as they need a few hours notice to properly cook the clay pot dishes). When we were leaving the hotel, Mustafa suggested that we walk up to sunset point, behind the hotel, before going to dinner. (and gave us directions of course). I'm so glad he suggested this, it was magical! We were pleasantly surprised to find that we could watch the rest of the sunset from the restaurant. The food and service were excellent and reasonably priced.

The next morning we woke up early for our airport transfer to the surreal beautiful sight of a morning sky filled with hot air balloons. If you stay here, make sure you pop your head out the window at about 6 am one of the mornings!

Thank you so much Mustafa!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are quite close to reception and you may be disturbed by people getting up early to go...
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was a little sceptical that anyone could be as professional and as personable as people described Mustafa, but he and his staff really are wonderful. Prices were great and our standard double room had a newly renovated bathroom with plenty of hot water and good pressure. The mattress was comfortable and the air conditioner was new and worked fantastically. Mustafa suggested various activities and we chose the ones we felt met our needs best, but there was no hard sell. I will definitely recommend that everyone, from the budget minded to the tiara- toting, choose this hotel. Places like this are what make traveling such a positive experience!
Bruce and Becky

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky E
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Like many of the other reviewers, I must praise the Arch Palace's owner Mustafa for his true dedication to patrons of his hotel. He really helped us make the most out of our five days in Cappadocia and went way above and beyond what you would expect from a hotelier - it was like having your favorite uncle there with you!

Upon arrival at the Goreme bus station, I asked the assistant at the tourist information booth where the Arch Palace hotel was so that we could walk there, but he asked us to have a seat and told us Mustafa would come pick us up. He called the hotel immediately and Mustafa was there with his van two minutes later, it was awesome. After we settled in to our room, Mustafa asked if he could give me a little more information about the area and I gladly agreed. We sat down in a comfortable area of the office and he spent about 20 minutes explaining things to me and answering all my questions. I really appreciated that he listened to what my wife and I specifically wanted to experience as travelers in Cappadocia and made helpful suggestions based on that, rather than just tossing out generic ideas. I left the office with lots of great ideas, some helpful maps and a lot of confidence that my stay was going to be outstanding. Later, Mustafa also organized our hot-air ballooning trip for us and suggested a wonderful restaurant when we asked him for his advice one night. He does not push products or services on you and he keeps your individual budget in mind when he makes suggestions.

As for the hotel, our first-floor double room was nice - the walls were stone (the norm for hotels in this region) and there was a window opening onto a quiet street. It was a little darker than your average hotel room, but that didn't bother us. The bathroom was a little small but also clean. The wi-fi worked well, even inside the room with the signal going through all that stone. Note that there is no A/C in the room, but you don't need it (trust me) because the stone keeps everything quite cool. The hotel has a bunch of fans available for people that need it a bit cooler to sleep, but we only grabbed a fan during one particularly warm night (38C during the day) and we were very comfortable. The terrace is very large and has a great view of Goreme; my wife and I came up here multiple times to read a book or have a drink - the hotel stocks a full fridge of water, soft drinks and beer and keeps the prices low (e.g. large beer = 5 TL, large (1.5 L) water = 1 TL).

If you are planning a trip to Cappadocia, I highly recommend that you choose the Arch Palace!!

3  Thank Mike E