“Mustafa makes you feel at home in Cappadocia!”
Review of Arch Palace Hotel

Arch Palace Hotel
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Vancouver, Canada
“Mustafa makes you feel at home in Cappadocia!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Like many of the other reviewers, I must praise the Arch Palace's owner Mustafa for his true dedication to patrons of his hotel. He really helped us make the most out of our five days in Cappadocia and went way above and beyond what you would expect from a hotelier - it was like having your favorite uncle there with you!

Upon arrival at the Goreme bus station, I asked the assistant at the tourist information booth where the Arch Palace hotel was so that we could walk there, but he asked us to have a seat and told us Mustafa would come pick us up. He called the hotel immediately and Mustafa was there with his van two minutes later, it was awesome. After we settled in to our room, Mustafa asked if he could give me a little more information about the area and I gladly agreed. We sat down in a comfortable area of the office and he spent about 20 minutes explaining things to me and answering all my questions. I really appreciated that he listened to what my wife and I specifically wanted to experience as travelers in Cappadocia and made helpful suggestions based on that, rather than just tossing out generic ideas. I left the office with lots of great ideas, some helpful maps and a lot of confidence that my stay was going to be outstanding. Later, Mustafa also organized our hot-air ballooning trip for us and suggested a wonderful restaurant when we asked him for his advice one night. He does not push products or services on you and he keeps your individual budget in mind when he makes suggestions.

As for the hotel, our first-floor double room was nice - the walls were stone (the norm for hotels in this region) and there was a window opening onto a quiet street. It was a little darker than your average hotel room, but that didn't bother us. The bathroom was a little small but also clean. The wi-fi worked well, even inside the room with the signal going through all that stone. Note that there is no A/C in the room, but you don't need it (trust me) because the stone keeps everything quite cool. The hotel has a bunch of fans available for people that need it a bit cooler to sleep, but we only grabbed a fan during one particularly warm night (38C during the day) and we were very comfortable. The terrace is very large and has a great view of Goreme; my wife and I came up here multiple times to read a book or have a drink - the hotel stocks a full fridge of water, soft drinks and beer and keeps the prices low (e.g. large beer = 5 TL, large (1.5 L) water = 1 TL).

If you are planning a trip to Cappadocia, I highly recommend that you choose the Arch Palace!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I just got back from 3 weeks traveling all around Turkey, and this was my favorite hotel of all. I had just a lovely stay at Arch Palace. The hotel itself is wonderful--beautifully decorated, spacious, big comfortable bed, great bathroom, quiet, and includes a generous breakfast on the roof which overlooks Goreme. (And it's shockingly affordable!). Mustafa and his family are just delightful. One of the great pleasures of travelling is meeting local people, and I am so happy to have met Mustafa. He is friendly and funny and sweet and real. He goes out of his way to be helpful, but is never intrusive. He is clearly proud of Goreme and is eager to share his knowledge and advice. And Cappadocia is one of the most magical places on earth. He arranged to pick me up from the airport (without me having to contact him), took me to a great lunch spot, sent me on a wonderful dayhike, recommended a great place for dinner, then set me up with an excellent daylong tour of Cappadocia. In fact, if you stay here, I would hold off on making plans until you speak with Mustafa. Oh, he also helped me get a hotel in the next city I was visiting. Stay here if you get the chance!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Aaron7six
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We recently visited this unique area and stayed at the Arch Palace Hotel. Everything about the hotel was warm and welcoming - the host and staff, furnishings and decor and convivial breakfasts. Our four days were spent exploring the valleys, ancient sites, restaurants and cultural highlights and we were greatly assisted by Mustafa - owner. He organised rental cars when we needed to cover some distance, suggested hiking tracks and good places to eat and even had a staff member escort us so we didn't get lost. His local know-how meant that we were able to fully enjoy our short stay without time-wasting or disappointment. I will certainly stay there if I am ever fortunate enough to have the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The place was clean, comfortable and nicely-decorated. The shower was modern and spacious.
Breakfast was good.
It was the owner, Mustafa, however, that I think made our stay. He was very helpful and welcoming, and made many last-minute arrangements on our behalf for various attractions. He was very attentive and went out of his way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Note: the place is nicely decorated, but there are thick carpets hanging about on the walls. It wasn't a problem for us, but I imagined if you were allergic to carpets then you would have some problems.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tat1500
Reviewed July 9, 2012

From the moment we arrived at the Arch Palace, we felt welcome and right at home. Owner Mustafa greeted us warmly and was incredibly helpful and friendly for the duration of our trip, with him and the rest of his attentive staff ensuring we had an unforgettable stay in Cappadocia. Located in the heart of the city, the Arch Palace is comfortable, clean and oozes character & charm, whilst still offering a fast wifi service and a fantastic modern shower. Served on the hotel's terrace, overlooking Gerome, the traditional Turkish breakfast was very tasty. Away from the hotel, Mustafa ensured our stay was relaxing & that we saw the best of what remarkable Cappadocia has to offer. I was travelling with my family but would highly recommend the Arch Palace to all kinds of travellers! Hopefully one day soon I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank 21CatMiller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have had very good results using Trip adviser, and on that basis my wife and I booked a 4 night stay at Arch Palace. The place was like a morgue, and the breakfast had been dead for a week. The owner was gushingly helpful, pushing for us to things we had no interest in.

I suggest readers could easily find a more cheerful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Frank D
Holte, Denmark
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Simple, traditional and clean hotel with a nice terrace. The owner is very kind and helpful. Picked us up from the center of town when the gps got us lost.

Not luxury, but all we needed for a three day stay in this fascinating place. Perfect!

• Stayed July 2012