“A Fantastic Stay at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Kelebek.Our room 17 had its own private balcony overlooking Goreme Valley,The hotel is a wonderful place to stay, with a great view from all the public areas and very atmospheric.
I was very impressed with Mert and the management who were so helpful planning our time in Cappadocia, We hired a car which was worthwhile and gave us the independence to travel where we wished.
I would also recommend the organic breakfast that the owner took us by tractor in the morning ,we ate organic produce that he had grown..Our whole experience of Kelebek was wonderful
Thanks for great stay.
Michael H

Room Tip: Look at the web site,it describes the room.Our room 17 was very light and airy and had a great view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kelebek Special Cave Hotel

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We loved everything about Kelebek. We were warmly welcomed. Our room was exactly as described. The breakfast and public areas were lovely. Kelebek organised all our movements around the area and everything was smooth and well organized. I loved the Hamam , I felt very special and it was well priced. The location was convenient and within walking distance to everything. We would return in a heartbeat . Lovely people.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Outstanding service, food and ambience in a "cave" hotel. Best hotel experience during my entire trip to Turkey. The breakfast "hay" ride through the mountains descends into a hidden organic garden where you eat a great breakfast - all part of the price. The Turkish bath was great. Staff is friendly and attentive. Would love to go back and stay there!

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night and we really love the place. They provide lovely terrace and reading room to relax in common area and we had a chance to know the history of the area from the Owner during "Organic breakfast" or breakfast in the garden. All hotel staffs are friendly and willing to help, including Ali, a young guy who took us from hotel to Goreme open air museum. Should book the room early, the hotel are fully booked easily.

Room Tip: I stayed at room 19. There was no TV in my room during our stay and the curtain still let the light...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We spent 5 days at this hotel and I can only say good things about it. Everyone was extremely welcoming and helpful from the owner to every single member of the staff. They gave us good and reliable tips on restaurants, excursions and helped us plan almost everything. If this wasn't enough: the place is really nice and clean with a beautiful view on Goreme from their restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel at night and it was to be our first night in Turkey. I believe we both gasped as we walked into our hotel room for the first time because the pictures on-line could not do the room justice. The breakfast was to be our best in our two week stay in Turkey. We were leaving Goreme at night and asked, as we were checking out in the morning , if we could store our bags. The concierge asked us to be please know that we were still their guests and to please feel free to use the Turkish bath and have free tea in the dining room and that they would drive us to our bus. My stay at Kelebek was one of my most memorable hotel experiences and I can say that I have traveled the world and stayed in many hotels.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably beautiful and exotic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Kelebek Cave Hotel is widely known as one of the original and best cave hotels in Cappadocia, and rightly deserves this reputation. As part of the service, they had a driver waiting for me at the airport which took a lot of the stress and worry out of the whole transfer to Goreme (the heart of the Cappadocia sights). I'm by no means a flashy traveler, but given the long distance between Kayseri airport and Goreme, I appreciated this inexpensive service (think it was EUR10). I stayed in a gorgeous little cave that was both cosy and well-furnished, but also afforded a generous amount of space and en-suite bathroom - it really was picture perfect. The daily buffet breakfast (included) was always well stocked with savoury options like cold cuts, cheese, salads, (and eggs were made on demand to specification) plus plenty of fresh and dried fruits, cereal, nuts etc for those with a sweeter tooth. The terrace provided a stunning view over Goreme and was a great place to eat any meal of the day while planning the next hike or recovering from the last one. In terms of service, I could not have been more satisfied; everyone could speak good English and provided clear, recommendations for walks and activities without trying to sell anything I didn't want. On my last day, I had checked out early but only had an evening flight, so after returning from a day's hike, the reception generously said it would be no problem at all to use the (fantastic) spa to shower and freshen up if I pleased. After looking at some of the other places I could have stayed in Cappadocia, I would definitely choose The Kelebek again - they've shown remarkable restraint not to make the cave experience tacky (an increasing problem in other places), and although not the cheapest option in town, it's well worth its still very reasonable price tag.

Room Tip: If you're going to go for a slightly more upmarket option like this one, then do pay the little...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Liz G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#16 of 78 in Goreme
Grand Cave Suites
Grand Cave Suites
#11 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!