“Incredible hotel and staff... you can't go wrong!”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
New York City, New York
“Incredible hotel and staff... you can't go wrong!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

To illustrate how incredible this hotel and its staff are, let me tell you a story... on the morning that my partner and I left Cappadocia, we got a shuttle to the airport in Nevsehir which is about 30-some minutes away from Goreme. When we arrrived and walked into the terminal, we suddenly realized that we had left our passports (and cash) in the safe in our room at the Kelebek Hotel. Naturally, we panicked first and then ran out to find our shuttle driver who was still there and very generously helped us get in touch with the hotel. We asked the night attendant on duty to put our passports in taxi and drive them out and we would pay the driver once he arrived. Instead, about 45 minutes later, the manager from the hotel (Mert) pulled up and ran into the airport with our passports and money. Mert was amazing from the day we arrived until the minute we left... literally.

Aside from that, we can tell you that the rest of the staff at Kelebek is also very, very friendly and helpful. There was not one person who didn't smile and greet us with kindness in the short time we were there.

The hotel itself is beautiful and has stunning views of Goreme and great views of the balloons early in the morning. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and well-kept. Breakfast is included with the hotel price and includes a wide variety of breakfast items... both traditional Turkish foods as well as Western breakfast items. It was all very fresh and plentiful. Really good food!

We also signed up for the hamam with a facial and massage and can't say enough good things about this experience! Wow! We arrived and were greeted by the staff who showed us to a room to take off our clothes (and lock them up) and gave us a "sarong" to wrap around our waist. We sat in the steam room for about 15 minutes and then went into the hamam to get scrubbed, followed by rinse, followed by a sudsy soap rub, followed by another rinse. Once that was done, we were escorted to a room when we received a really nice massage. Following the massage, we had our faces painted with something and then went to the bathroom to rinse and shower. I had a little anxiety going into it about what to expect and the staff at the Kelebek was very helpful and friendly during the whole experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tim S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the Kelebek. Room 5 the most authentic.The overall service is fantastic nothing is too much trouble although the service on the chill out deck can be a little slow. We enjoyed the trip to farm with the owner for a home grown organic breakfast . The breakfast at the hotel also has fantastic variety .

Room Tip: Room 1 is on the walk way to the restaurant and next to shared toilets
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mariah M
Murat Y, Sahibi at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with the room, breakfast and our services on offer. I have shared your comments with our team and they are pleased that they have exceeded your expectations and made you feel home a away from home. Our focus is to show Turkish Hospitality to all our guests from all over the world.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Mérignac
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have rarely stayed in such a wonderful hotel. The hotel is beautiful and extremely comfortable. The personnel are really friendly and very helpful. The restaurant is excellent. The breakfast is amazing. The views are breathtaking. You can have tea or coffee at any time of the day. The rooms are comfortable, clean and beautifully renovated. The swimming pool is small but very refreshing and the loungers are very comfortable. The hotel has several different terraces and rooms where you can relax and a fantastic hammam where you can have a selection of massages. What is particularly pleasant is that you can go together, there is no separation of men and women. The first morning we went to Rose Valley with the owner, Ali for an organic breakfast with several other guests. It was fantastic. Ali told us about his family and history on the way and then in the valley they served us an amazing breakfast. The hotel organises everything you need : balloon rides, airport transfers, guided tours. We only stayed 3 days but it was definitely the best hotel we stayed in during the 3 weeks we were in Turkey. What's more it was not expensive at all - under 50 euros a night in mid-August. If you don't go on a balloon ride, get up at about 6 and go to the pool terrace and watch the balloons float up into the air all over the valley, it's magical!

2 Thank Cathy M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I must admit that when I first booked this hotel I thought it was going to be a disaster. I booked 2 rooms which you can choose online and left my credit card details. The next day I got an email that said one of the rooms was not available. i chose another room and got the same response the next day... the same thing happened on the 3rd day. At this point I lost my patience and wrote a nasty email to the hotel. I informed them of my arrival date and time but got no subsequent response. I expected to be stuck at the airport with my friends. However when I arrived there was a guy waiting with a card with my name on it that got us to the hotel that evening. From then on things just got better. From the moment we checked in we felt right at home. When I met Ozlem, I really felt awful about my nasty email, but she was so sweet and gracious that I felt even worse. She was just happy that we were satisfied and made me feel better. The place is fantastic with an incredible view. Breakfast is good and the staff is simply fantastic. I have to make to commend Ozlem and Tuna for exceptional service at the hotel.

I had requested some tours, but was unsure about them since we got in late. Two full day tours were booked for us with Heritage travel. The hotel owns the tour company too. The tours were just great and I would highly recommend tour 1&2. Once again I have to commend Serdar and Canan Ciftci for being exceptional and knowledgable tour guides. I took lots of pictures and was absolutely thrilled. Unfortunately on my return I lost my compact flash card on board United Airlines. I am hoping they will locate it. This is the only disaster on an otherwise fantastic and most memorable trip.

Room Tip: Some of the cave rooms are a little small with limited head room. Keep this in mind if you are tall...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in room #4 which is a fairy chimney! Very nice and clean. Breakfast is healthy and lots to choose from. Nice views from the terrace. If you're up very early, you can see the hot air balloons flying over the city! This hotel is beautiful and what makes it even better is the fabulous staff. They are very friendly and accommodating. We had an early flight to catch and they packed us a lunch with drinks! We didn't expect it but were very thankful. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank Sylvia H
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I usually don't write any reviews on tripadvisor, however I felt compelling to share my excellent experience with Kelbek Hotel.

The view was simply outstanding. I could stay there and look at the scenery all day long. Breakfast was good, with many selections. Shower was also good, with hot water running properly. The room is a bit small, but with cave, the experience is just so unique and different from any ordinary hotel room we would usually stay.

The staff was just totally amazing. We were always greeted by everyone of them each time we see them. When we mentioned we needed to buy the bus tickets upon arrival to the hotel, the staff offered to book the tickets while we enjoyed the dinner. Also they gave us a very detailed information on the surrounding area, which was totally useful. Love Valley was not on our guidebook, but was recommended by the staff, and we really enjoyed walking around there.

During check-out, I started nosebleeding for some reason. The staff came to our room and took care of me, by giving us the ice and towels. Even the cleaning lady came and made sure I was Ok. They said we could stay in the room as long as we needed, even though it was passed the check out time. That was very nice of them.

Overall, we were really happy that we stayed here, and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Rikacut
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Everything about Kelebek was so fantastic — the rooms, service, decor, location, view over Goreme, complementary breakfast — everything! My fiance and I also used the boutique hamam and got massages. And everything was great. I really can't say enough. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cappadocia!

1 Thank Laura M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Divan Cave House
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Sultan Cave Suites
Sultan Cave Suites
#15 of 76 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!