“Relaxing weekend trip”

Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Relaxing weekend trip”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Kelebek is great. I highly recommend staying here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave my friends and I honest advice about what to do, what tours to go on/not go on. They are associated with the Sultan Cave hotel, Butterfly Balloons (kelebek means butterfly in Turkish), and the restaurant next door (I think Seten restaurant?) - but I never felt like there was a conflict of interest in the recommendations the staff provided.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Outstanding hotel in an amazing location. Beautiful views of the scenic surroundings. Close by to area attractions. The cave room i stayed in was lovely and absolutely perfect for me. The breakfast bar was all I could have asked for, figs in honey, yogurts, cereals, breads, fruits, decent coffee.

Room Tip: room 12 was small but perfect for two single travelers (two single beds) or one person traveling alo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Kelebek hotel and I literally have been describing it to my friends and family as "Magical." If you are going to Cappadocia, Goreme and the Kelebek hotel is where you should stay. We stayed in two different cave rooms, both were beautiful. When we arrived I had mentioned to someone at the front desk that I was not feeling well and he told me he would order me a special tea (I can't spell it) with boiled mint, honey and lemon for my sore throat. It was literally amazing and I thought it was so nice to offer such a nice gesture. The most special part about this hotel are all the little places to hang out and relax on the grounds. The rose garden, the multitude of terraces really are magical. The free morning breakfast is also seriously delicious. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the people working at the upstairs restaurant are not very friendly. Otherwise, it was truly a pleasure.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for the nicer rooms. The prices are not that bad anyway and the nicer rooms reall...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela L
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The location is excellent. The staff are fantastic. I wish that I could have stayed for a longer time. Inclusions are very good including breakfast and Internet. The staff go out of their at to be helpful and provide excellent advice. The complimentary breakfast trip at a farm home in a canyon is excellent and very interesting and cultural. There is good hiking in the side canyons The balloon ride was excellent with Butterfly Balloons. All in all, this was one of my most enjoyable stays over the last few years.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in caves and don't have a window.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Con_Thai
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we stayed atroom 9. it was nice enough for us. but i saw some of the suites that are more expensive and they were amazing looking.

The team here is AMAZING. BEST HOTEL WEVE EVER STAYED IN SERVICE, kindness, hospitality, flexibility. we got there early, they let us eat and shower before check-in. we left late, they let us shower, and hang out and never made us feel like we were imposing. they offere bus to and from the main station which is close (less than 5 minute walk). we tried the hammam and they let us use it thorughout the trip. we did scrub, facial, and massage. i would def do the massage again, the scrub wasnt as intense i think as it should be it was more westernized and hte facila was nice, but the massage was the best if you had to pick one. we got engaged here and used royal balloons and htey were amzing too. They have a pool, but we went at end of April 2013 so it was a bit cold. otherwise, i wouldve loved to use it. the stay here, the staff, the comfort made our engagement trip over the top and amazing. We've never experienced this type of accomodatingness and ease. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 9 it nice. saw the step above suite and that was really really nice, but for me, w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c c
St Leonards, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. So relaxing after a day's touring to be able to lounge on the turkish couches with drink in hand looking the great view of Goreme. Lots of different seating areas, good breakfast and other meals if required. The rooms were perfectly clean and I was able to choose the room we stayed in. The Manager was great and would offer suggestions for our touring days. It was very easy to book our tours from here as well. I cannot praise this hotel enough and it was the highlight of our stay. Keep up the good work.

Judy and Ian
Australia

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff & owner at Kelebek, we got what we paid for plus some unexpected bonus extras. The first was a fantastic breakfast (free!) at the owners organic farm - what a treat but put your walking shoes on & expect a few steps - lovely walk. The second was that they used the XE rate to calculate exchange rates, no clipping the ticket here, gotta love that as it hasn't happened anywhere else on our trip round Turkey. A slick operation & very worth the premium cost for the pampering & attention to detail from all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kiwijustme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Divan Cave House
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Sultan Cave Suites
Sultan Cave Suites
#13 of 72 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!