“A slice of heaven”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here 17 June - 20 June 2012 as a family of 4 (7yr + 6mth).

What can I say, from the moment we arrived we received friendly attentive service. We were taken too our room which was absolutely beautiful!! My 7yr old daughter especially loved it. She ooed and ahhed at the bathroom. We enjoyed baths all 3 nights of our stay.

We had dinner in the other hotel's restaurant, owned by the same proprietor, and were given a discount on what was an absolutely delicious meal. The staff at the restaurant were lovely too. They offered us wraps to keep warm, as the evenings can be a bit chilly, and didn't even mind when my 6 month old vomited on the wrap. The music added to the ambience and atmosphere.

The breakfast every morning was delicious and varied and the staff very helpful. The pool, though small, was heaven after a long day sightseeing. We ate upstairs at the hotels restaurant and found it delicious and reasonable.

We used their dry leaning services and found that the be good, all clothes returned lovely and clean.

We just didn't want to leave this hotel. It was magical and beautiful, especially in the evenings on the restaurant terrace.

We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful and doting on our kids (Turks in general are very attentive to children and we were always treated very well) and we found value for money.

I would definitely stay at kelebek hotel again! I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Aussietraveller062

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting Cappadocia and it was excellent. We are both consultants and travel quite a bit staying at fancy hotels and my wife thinks this is the best hotel she has stayed in.Our room had a fireplace, terrace and very modern bathroom in the floor below us. Breakfast was great, overlooking the valley of amazing landscapes. They also set us up with the balloon ride, which if you havent done before, shouldnt be missed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kilerbootsman
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I will preface this review by saying that we are budget travelers, but we splurged on this hotel for two nights for my birthday. As budget travelers, we usually pay around $20-30usd for a hotel room. This usually includes a room with double bed, ac, wifi, tv with satellite, mini fridge, private bath and a basic breakfast. So I was slightly disappointed that paying more than TWICE that amount got is less for our money in Goreme. The stay was nice, there are very pretty views from the terrace, andthe breakfast buffet was outstanding. However, there was no phone in our room, no tv, no wifi(only in theterrace), and since we we were near the terrace and hammam, it was crazy noisy. I get the feeling that most people who stay here are really well off and spend lots of moneys on hot air balloon rides, expensive tours andlavish dinners. Since wehave a very tight budget, we sisn't interact much with the staff, so I can't say much about service. The breakfast buffet was really good though!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
15  Thank lindayolid00
Murat Y, Owner at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback following your stay with us.

I really am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and you found the boutique character of Kelebek and the experience it provides not to be to your liking. We have 36 rooms in total from deluxe rooms to Presidential Suit rooms. Each and every room is individually decorated and the layout and to a lesser extent the room size and amenities can vary from one to another within each room category. The details of rooms are shown in detail with pictures on our web side for our guest to decide before they make their reservations.

It was wonderful to hear that, despite the style of Kelebek Special Cave Hotel is not being to your taste, you did appreciate breakfast offering. Thank you again for recognizing the high quality of our breakfast buffet.

I am disappointed to learn that you did not interact with my team who enjoy providing guest with the unobtrusive but highly personalized service, which is a big part of what makes staying at Kelebek such a memorable experience.

I am very sorry again that your experience was not as positive as most of our guest, but would once again like to thank you for sharing your review with us and highlighting areas where improvements may be found.

Kind Regards

Murat Yavuz

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights in early April after a recommendation from one of her friends. Our room was beautiful and exactly as shown in the website photo (if anything more spacious) and entirely comfortable, impeccably clean and well maintained. It represented extraordinary value -- as did all the amenities, including transfer service, complimentary tea and coffee at any time, access to the Turkish bath, and the great breakfast and meals. I loved the comfortable common areas with wifi and the lovely views. Goreme is full of cave hotels but I find it hard to imagine that there is any place which matches the attention to detail and wonderful service -- the staff are so welcoming and eager to please and I was very impressed with the tour we booked through the hotel, balloon ride etc. (I would note that in other places in Turkey we felt we were given the "hard sell" to book tours which ended up being disappointing -- at Kelebek the emphasis was on quality but also these extras were "offered" but not pushed. Indeed, maps and other assistance to explore independently were offered very freely as were great recommendations on restaurants etc). I would definitely say, "book now ... look no further".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We, too, enjoyed the most attentive welcome and support of Mert and all his staff during our stay at the Kelebek Hotel. His advice about activities in the area was most helpful as we planned our days. The hamam provided us a wonderful Turkish bath experience. And meals were relished on the beautiful terraces overlooking the village and valley. Ours could not have been a better experience. Thank you for looking after us so beautifully!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JRHutton
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Staying at the Kelebek Hotel was a joy! We enjoyed one of the cave rooms that had once been part of a stable. We were there at the end of March and made use of the fireplace - it was so cosy and comfortable. The breakfast is fantastic and enough to fuel you until dinner. The staff could not have been more helpful. We took advantage of their tours for a couple of days. The guides were very friendly and informed. A real highlight was the early morning hot air balloon ride. Our pilot was Mustapha. He is an individual worth experiencing! We highly, highly recommend a stay at the Kelebek.

Room Tip: Look at the photos online and choose one that appeals to you. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pywieber
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We loved staying here in one of the "cave rooms". The rate was affordable, and the service was great. The staff was very helpful with directing us on sights to see and places to go. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would recommend a "cave room" to take advantage of that Cappadocia experience.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TA2021
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#2 of 77 in Goreme
Grand Cave Suites
Grand Cave Suites
#13 of 77 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!