“Kelebek Hotel Organic Breakfast Tour”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The "Organic Breakfast" tour should not be missed. Views are spectacular while traveling to the breakfast site seated in a wagon pulled by a tractor. After descending into a peaceful valley surrounded by scenic rock formations and fruit trees, you are treated to a delicious breakfast buffet of locally grown organic food. It was one of the highlights of our stay in Goreme.

2  Thank Mary D
There are newer reviews for Kelebek Special Cave Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My fiance and I were really impressed with the Kelebek hotel, it far exceeded my expectations and truly made our experience in Cappadocia wonderful.

The service is impeccable and no detail is overlooked. From early morning coffee on the veranda overlooking Göreme underneath the brilliant blue-sky filled with hot-air balloons, to the evening baths in the hammam underground, the Kelebek and it's staff went above and beyond to ensure our comfort and enjoyment. I found the experience to feel very luxurious without unnecessary glamour.

Our room was lovely, romantic, rustic and very comfortable. The whole establishment is uniquely situated on the hillside with excellent views from multiple angles. We could find a different place to sit and read every day (be it pool, den, or veranda) — it was like having small adventures without leaving the hotel, as a matter of fact I could have spent every minute just in the hotel and would have been content :)

I look forward to coming back again one day and checking in on the resident puppy and kittens that I adored.

Room Tip: Stone rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CommandZed
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Out of the 4 hotels i stayed in during my 10day Turkey Trip, Kelebek was my favorite! Everything about this hotel was just outstanding.

The service: Each and everyone of the staff were friendly, helpful and had a smile on their face. Airport pickup/drop off was organized very well.

The rooms: The rooms are oh-so-pretty, tastefully done and cozy. We had the best sleep because the bed and pillows were so comfortable. Also the first hotel in Turkey we stayed in that provided shampoo and conditioner and really nice ones at that.

Breakfast: Breakfast was served on the terrace with a view of the cappadocia fairy chimneys and hot air balloons. Finally a place that offered a GOOD, hearty breakfast. My biggest disappointment with Turkey was the breakfasts i had eaten at the 3 other hotels. Kelebek offered delicious cheese omelettes and pancakes with tons of different toppings, cereal, fresh fruit, nuts, muesli, apart from the standard turkish breakfast.

Restaurant: They only served turkish cuisine however the best we had had so far. Try the stuffed chicken.

Hammam: I have to admit i thought the hamam (Turkish Bath) was a touristy toned down version of the real thing. I have had a morrocan bath before and was told it would be similar however it was far from it & I could have given myself a better bath than that. Also note that they dont have a separate area for men and women or a private room for couples and you are clad in a small piece of cloth that gets shifted around. Also there is no privacy as guests can come and peek into the hamam while you are in the middle of your shower.

They dont have any phones in the rooms so everything you need has to be communicated when you see a staff (they are around and easy to find)

Location: The hotel is located less than 5min walk from the town center.

They had a cozy library, wifi, swimming pool, outdoor lounge area all in a very picturesque setting.

I wont use the hamam next time but I will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: We didnt have a room with a view, we didnt need one, because everything thing else came with a view...
3  Thank Mona_Amin
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a lovely little hotel, nicely located above the town in a quiet area with excellent views all around, including sunrise with hundreds of hot air ballons from easy view at the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful, in arranging tours, transport etc, and they were very friendly with excellent English. Our room in a cave was very charming with careful attention to artistic and architectual details, clean comfortable bed, nice shower and toilet, spacious size, nicely furnished with period decor. Traditional Turksih breakfast buffet was very extensive and tasty and available for long hours. We loved the excellent Turksih bath in the hotel. All prices were reasonable for the excellent quality.

Room Tip: We had a larger, more expensive room than we originally planned because cheaper ones were gone at th...
2  Thank D_and_JCharlotte_NC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We looked at a number of hotels in Goreme and picked Kelebek based on the reviews and the pictures. We stayed in room 114 which has a funky 2 floor layout with bathroom on the lower floor. The room has two large windows that provide a lot of light. We looked at a cave room and it felt bit dark so we decided to stick with our room. There is a huge semi-private patio outside the room with a table and a couple of chairs perfect for sipping wine after a day of ballooning and hiking. The room has a fire place which we used 2 nights we were there. I think all rooms have fire places.

Not sure what we can add to the reviews that have already been written, but we feel that this hotel is truly one of the most unique and amazing hotels we have stayed in anywhere in the world. The hotel staff are very gracious and helpful. Make sure that you take advantage of the organic breakfast at the owner's private valley! The experience was truly outstanding. We dined on fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables as well as fresh honey in a remarkable valley setting. Along with the balloon ride and the day tour to the underground city all arranged by the hotel, our visit to Goreme and Kelebek was truly unforgettable.

Room Tip: Cave rooms and stone rooms are available. Cave rooms are really neat, but a bit dark. All rooms are...
1  Thank Steven Y
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel based on all of the review from trip advisor. The hotel arranged for trasnsportation to and from the airport for a very reasonable price. I also booked a tour with the hotel which I thought was work the money. I stayed in Room 101 which I found romantic and beautiful. The staff prepared kindling for a fire in the fireplace every day and the bathroom was faced entirely in marble with a shower and giant tub- only compliant is that they didn't ever clean the tub during my 3 night stay- although it was spotless when I arrived. Breakfast overlooks the city on a terrace and was wonderful. The entire staff was helpful- from helping me get my lost luggage from the airline, preparing a take away lunch on the day of our departure, and even giving us a ride to the Goreme outdoor museum. This would be my first choice on returning to Goreme.

2  Thank SusiBarton
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Turkish boyfriend and I spent three days at the Kelebek. And we both thought this hotel is a gem. On the first night, we had a chance to stay in one of the "fairy chimneys" and could light up a fragrant fire before going to bed. The day after, we had to change room and got a smaller room. It was still nice even if there was a bit of a smell issue in the bathroom. The staff was super helpful the entire time. Special kudos to Abdullah who seems to be working around the clock.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#11 of 78 in Goreme
Sultan Cave Suites
Sultan Cave Suites
#16 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!