I and my husband spent a night in a junior suite room located in the fairy chimney(room no.4). The room was very lovely and had a spectacular view. The hotel, the staff, the hotel's lovely kitties and all lovely guests staying there had given me the most memorable stay in Turkey without doubt.
Almost everything was perfect with the hotel and since there are so many people writting about how wonderful the hotel is I would not repeat what they wrote again here. However, there were some little downsides about the hotel that I feel compelled to write which are:
1) I was not aware that I could get a 10% discount on the room rate if I pay by cash when I was checking in. The staff told me it would be okay to pay when I check out off the hotel but I offered to pay right away and gave her my credit card. She came back with the slip and a receipt showing the amount charged if paid by cash. I had not yet sign the slip and asked if I could pay by cash instead in order to get the discount but she refused as she had already charged my credit card. The amount reduced for just one night was not a big deal but I think the staff should inform me about this option. This discount would become a considerable amount if you stay for many days though.
2) The bed was not really stable. It shaked so much every time I moved my body and could posslibly wake my husband up that I had tried so hard not to change my sleeping position all night.
The call to prayer was a good wake up call for us who had to join the balloon ride in the morning though:-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ever dreamed of staying in a cave-hotel with all mod cons? Well, now's your chance to make those dreams come true with a stay in the gorgeous Kelebek Hotel and Pension.Spacious cave bedrooms with hand-carved furnishings and locally-made fabrics, marble-walled bathrooms and a lovely flower-filled garden with fairy chimneys behind. The new cave Turkish bath and swimming pool are also available to guests! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kelebek Hotel Goreme
- Kelebek Special Cave Hotel Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey