“Love this hotel!”

Cappadocia Cave Suites
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I just came back from my turkey trip and let's just say that this hotel and cappadocia region were the highlights of the entire trip! I came with a group of 15 people and we arrive rather late. Even so the staff was ready for us. We were greeted at the gate and check in was done in mere minutes. Our luggages were waiting for us when we get to our beautiful rooms. I stayed at the new suite number 301 that was not available on the website. But i trully loved it. The room has 3 levels. First was the bathroom with shower and jacuzzi, second was our bed, third was our living room with big flat tv. In the living room, there's a romantic little nook with the view of the valley. Next to to living room is our own private balcony with spectacular view. In the morning, my husband and i woke up to see the ballons went up and we immediately took our coats and cameras and start clicking.
My friends were just as pleased with their rooms. We took a tour to each each other's rooms because they are all different in size and design. We love them all, though we envy one room that has it's own private hamam!
Seriously, i can't say anything more than perfect for this hotel. Their garden and terraces are so chic and seem very well designed. The staff are very nice, and weirdly not expecting any tip at all. I mean our luggages were already in front of our door before we got to our rooms, and on the day of check out, they ask us to leave our luggage in front of the room so that they can take care of it while we were having breakfast. When we finish our breakfast, they've summarized our bills and we checked out easily in a few minutes.
What impressed me the most was that the manager mr ercan tufekci, was at the gate to ask us how our stay was and if there's nothing he can do in the future to make the hotel better in service.

All in all, it was a really pleasant place to stay!

A few notes for fellow traveller : before i checked in, i did check the rooms on their website and saw reviews from other tripadvisor travellers on which rooms that are ok and which are not. I emailed the hotel a lot before going to turkey to let them know when we are most likely to check in and check out. Even though the schedules were changing all the time, i still let them know up until the last update. Off course i did this with all the hotels that we booked in turkey, but maybe this email helped them in terms of the fast check in and check out.
The rooms that we booked was : 301, 213, 211, 114, 212, 202, 119, 202, 208, 209, 201, 106, 107, 108, 109
The 213 was the room with private hamam room that we all envy! Room 212 was just okay. Room 209 has 2 balconies, 208 is very spacious and shared a big terrace with 207. Room 114 was spacious and also has valley view. Room 119 is also spacious with decoration of turkish ceramics, which is different than others. Because most rooms has dolls and antiquities as the room decor. 108 was the smallest room of all yet very cozy. I didn't see room 201, 202 and 106. But my friends who stayed there didn't say any complaints. Well, not that i know of. 107 was also small buat has a wooden balcony that has beautiful view of the valley.
Oh btw, my friends did say that some of their shower or jacuzzi were not working. But some of them are not sure whether it really was broken or that they simply didn't know how to make them work. Either way, i'll just let them share their own experiences of their rooms. One last thing, i stayed on march 27-29 and it was -6 degrees celcius outside, but the heater in the room was so hot that i can sweat a little. But this was not a problem for me, it's only a matter of switching to light t-shirt and shorts while we were in the rooms during the day, but maybe the heat can be a discomfort to others. Specially maybe if you go in later months.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Nina M

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Amazing place and services with the most fabulous view!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was recently in Turkey for a business trip and went to Cappadocia for the weekend. I stayed in room 202 and it was so much more than I had expected. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and accommodating and helped arrange tours of the area. I had dinner at the hotel one evening and the food was amazing - I definitely recommend eating here. My room was very clean and comfortable and the property is very unique.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The hotel has beautiful spacious suites! The breakfast was delicious with lots of good cheeses. It is in a central location. The main drawback for me, room 201 did not get a strong wifi signal due to the thick rock/ stone walls. Actually, I did not get a signal in bed 90% of the time. I would stay here again, but I would choose a different room that was better wifi signal!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 21, 2012

As others mentioned the Cappadocia Cave Suites did have very nice rooms. The few drawbacks I will mention are just because it rates itself as a 5 star . Although I found the rooms very nice, the fireplace had no wood for a fire, there were very few towels and we had to ask for more. The massage shower did not work...everytime you tried to use it, it would spray all over the floor by pushing the doors open. The beds were very hard and so were the pillows (personal preference) and the fact that a huge portable heater was sitting right in the middle of my room was not really what I expect of a 5 star hotel. I also was disappointed with the breakfast. The eggs were runny and cold. So was the rest of the "warm" food. They ran out of one item at 8:00a.m. and when we asked if there was more (breakfast lasts until 10-10:30) we were told a flat "NO". The OJ came out of a box and the two men stood around at the door just watching people, never serving, never asking if there was anything you needed. Again, not what I expect at a 5 star. Location puts it a little far away from center of town because it is on a hill, which is beautiful in the morning but if you don't have a car it is somewhat difficult to get around to other restaurants and such. I think this place is an ok place but for the price I think I might check out some of the other "cave rooms" in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dichristianson
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is one of the best place I have stayed in. The hotel Manager Ercan is a great person,very helpful and outgoing. The services including Airport pick up ,rooms , restaurant, sight seeing are amongst the best I have experienced. The cave suite 106 where I stayed was class !!! Staff is extremely warm and helpful. I have high recommendation for this property. Will stay again when I get a chance. I have sent a friend to this place recently who has come back highly satisfied.

Room Tip: The Suites are very good with Jacuzzi and large living area,good view of the valley and 24hrs servic...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Wow!!

I stayed 9 nights in 3 different rooms: 207, 301 and 212. All cozy, very romantic and full of surprises, each of them with unique antique and new pieces specially chosen for each room. The views from the terraces were breathtaking, the bathrooms, had great showers and wonderful whirlpools, the heating was underneath the floors and it felt great you felt really pampered.
Besides all that what made may stay really special was the staff, they ALL WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to make us feel special and well taken care of. Starting with the general manager, Sami, and all the kitchen staff: Mustafa and Merich, they prepared for us special dinners, a different menu each night. I would recommend that you try the lentil soup and the pottery kebab, Mustafa´s recepy. For my birthday he prepared a candle light dinner and surprised me with a special fruit dessert covered with chocolate. I did not want to leave. It was like a dream come true.

Besides, my glasses went broken and the hotel manager personally took me to get new ones in an town next to Göreme! The people are really helpful in this extraordinary hotel!

Room Tip: Every rooms are excellent but there are a couple of fairy rooms. I recommend the suite 301, it is ab...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business